Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ANIME und MANGA thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: ANIME und MANGA thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 6/22/2013 5:12:50 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

And now question: what is this helicopter?

The closest thing to it I can think of is a Hughes 500 Model 369D. The Japanese have an OH-6D which would look much like it, but I believe it's being phased out.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 31
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 6/22/2013 9:52:40 AM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

And now question: what is this helicopter?

The closest thing to it I can think of is a Hughes 500 Model 369D. The Japanese have an OH-6D which would look much like it, but I believe it's being phased out.

JSDF uses tons of Cold War vintage hardware in "Special Region": Type 64 rifles, Huey helichopters, F-4 fighters... And when they fight, it is Curb-Stomp Battle all the way. Guess modern hardware guards the Japan from more modern armies...

Was/is it common for observation helicopters to take part to fight like in that panel?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 32
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/2/2013 3:58:41 PM   
Kuokkanen

In latest chapter (26) of the Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There Japan has started do trade with locals. I noticed some japanese civilians, but it is JSDF officer counting income of the local currency. In case of silver and gold coins (both confirmed in earlier chapters), those could be sold in Japan as silver and gold. But it looks to me those coins are saved for later use in "Special Region". Anyway JSDF base, or at least its immediate neighborhood, has become trade center.

Do we know any real or historical examples about such happening? Does american bases in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere sell commercial goods to local merchants? What about garrison bases of the Ancient Rome in Gaul, Egypt, Britannia, and elsewhere?

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 7/2/2013 4:03:36 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 33
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/3/2013 6:10:36 PM   
Kuokkanen

Why is this thread still so short? Anime OVA Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail is getting official release in english language. Those who don't know about it: Black Lagoon is manga and anime serie about smugglers equipped with torpedo boat in south-east Asia. Roberta's Blood Trail is about their nemesis coming back with a vengeance.
Trailer

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 34
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/28/2013 6:10:18 PM   
Kuokkanen

Dark elf woman comes seeking aid of the "people in green", who had wounded dreaded flame dragon with "magic wand Rod of Steel" (Panzerschrek). She's all awed about "flying swords" (F-4 Phantoms) and "flying arc" (Chinook).

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There; I'm LOVIN' it! And artwork is near the top!

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 35
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 11/10/2013 2:17:37 PM   
Kuokkanen

They are nobles
They are knights
They are women
They read and TRANSLATE manga!

From order of knights to manga club! Is that progression or what?

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 36
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 1/12/2014 7:04:09 PM   
Kuokkanen

I have watched through The Devil Is a Part-Timer! and I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. Now I tell you something about those.

In I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. starts with introduction of main character, hero-in-training doing... training. Then he and other heroes-in-training are told that demon lord has been deposed and heroes and heroes-in-training alike are demobilized & disbanded. To earn his everyday bread, our hero, Raul, starts working in magical item store. Well... merchandise has strong resemblance to electronic devices we know, but those are powered by magic instead electricity. Same difference. He dislikes it and is hoping to prove his worth as hero. Until new employee starts in the place: demon lord's daughter. Cute girl by the way. She has some troubles, speaks evil things, but is eager to learn to speak and behave as she should. And she is enjoying it. From her Raul learns values of life, the universe, and everything. But other heroes want her to become next demon lord so heroes would get mobilized again and get to do what they were trained to do...

The Devil Is a Part-Timer! starts with info dump and fast paced action where main character, Satan the devil, gets his army slaughtered by humans. He manages to escape with his most trusted general through temporary portal ( = stargate) to another world. Guess where did they go? To Tokyo. He and his general find themselves have transformed to humans, nobody is afraid of them, casting magic takes great effort, and they have very limited reserve of magic. Satan learns quickly, manages to get money, bank account, ID cards, apartment, and part-time job in fast food restaurant. Little later he meets his archnemesis, hero, who had followed him through the portal. She is in much the same situation. After some minor conflict they settle in with uneasy truce. Hilarity ensues when everybody around them seems to think they're (former) couple. Little later show takes turn towards harem, and occasionally other people from their homeworld come stir up their peace.

I enjoyed watching both of those. Well worth the time spent

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 37
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 3/5/2014 5:42:02 PM   
Kuokkanen

Manga Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There explodes in chapter 34. Sergeant Kuribayashi is one woman army corps and prince is about to get well earned royal spanking! Gotta be scariest girl prince has ever seen Do you recognize what kind of vest Kuribayashi wears on top of her camouflage?

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 38
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 3/5/2014 6:34:51 PM   
Josh

What kind of vest? Dunno. A bulletproof bra?
Just this afternoon I was re-reading my "Ghost in the Shell" cartoons...love that series.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 39
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/29/2014 7:24:59 PM   
Kuokkanen

Manga Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There chapters 33, 34, and 35 deliver exactly what readers had wanted. Latest chapter seems to focus on assessing events of the night (3 chapters long night!). Could someone translate the chapter please?

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 40
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/30/2014 11:20:59 AM   
Hexagon

I like GATE manga but maybe i prefer read the novels but my japanese is even worst than my english... and this is not easy

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 41
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 5/31/2014 3:27:45 PM   
Kuokkanen

Chapter #37 of Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There is up and translated. But what is FULL METAL CHOCO? Is it chocolate bar? Real official brand or fictional?

MekWars

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 42
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/23/2014 2:56:08 PM   
Kuokkanen

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There practically begs for adventure RPG. I consider GURPS for that. I don't have any experience with that game, though I have played RPG before and game mastered one. So what GURPS material do you recommend?

Do you have any other RPG recommendations? What about war games? Do you any that would be as fitting as GURPS for RPG?

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 43
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 9/28/2014 6:41:48 PM   
Capt. Harlock

And now for something completely different:

The Anime Network has started showing Hōzuki no Reitetsu (Hozuki's Coolheadedness), following the daily travails of a demon with possibly the worst job in Creation: chief trouble-shooter for Jigoku, the Japanese Hell. Pretty funny.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 44
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 12/1/2014 3:37:03 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:20:15 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 12/3/2014 7:44:03 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

'Kantai Collection' aka 'Fleet Girls Collection' anyone?

Apparently the Japanese are still unhappy about getting most of the IJN sunk during WWII. Still, it's a pity they haven't released the game to we Westerners yet.

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 46
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 12/19/2014 4:53:52 PM   
Kuokkanen

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There anime has been announced

In the meantime, JGSDF goes hunt ancient dragon in manga version

MekWars

Post #: 47
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 3/31/2015 2:33:00 PM   
Kuokkanen

After couple of months Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There is advancing again. In addition this manga has got three new spin-offs. Then are news about anime adaptation. I'm waiting for anime with mix of dread and excitement...

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 3/31/2015 3:34:45 PM >

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 48
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 3/31/2015 7:19:43 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

'Kantai Collection' aka 'Fleet Girls Collection' anyone? after 'Girls und Panzer' i'm ready for some naval action!

The anime has now completed its broadcast run, and is available on Blue-Ray and DVD. Still, one has to think that the ships that all those cute girls are supposedly the avatars of were in the service of one of the more evil causes of human history. When laughing at Akagi's appetite, should we ignore Pearl Harbor and Darwin?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 49
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/9/2015 5:05:44 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Then are news about anime adaptation. I'm waiting for anime with mix of dread and excitement...

To add to that, it'll be interesting how the chosen director manages adaptation from novels & manga that have slaughter, rape, thrashing, blood and guts.

To me it seems more likely anime adaptation doesn't even try to appeal to the fans of the novels and manga with blood & gore, but instead seeks to find new/wider ( = acceptable for the younger) audience for the franchise. If that is the case, then I have mixed feelings about it... How long till July... 3 months?

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 50
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/10/2015 3:18:26 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

To me it seems more likely anime adaptation doesn't even try to appeal to the fans of the novels and manga with blood & gore, but instead seeks to find new/wider ( = acceptable for the younger) audience for the franchise. If that is the case, then I have mixed feelings about it...

I imagine they will tone it down: you'll note that "Princess Resurrection" had almost no blood in the anime.

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 51
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/14/2015 7:13:43 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

I imagine they will tone it down

My thoughts exactly. That could get more audience for the anime, but many (most?) novel & anime fans will gather to this camp myself included

MekWars

Post #: 52
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/25/2015 3:02:32 PM   
Kuokkanen

Newest chapter of Re:Monster manga gives players of fantasy RPGs something to think about...

MekWars

Post #: 53
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/25/2015 3:09:38 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

nevermind

oh cmon man!! whadya say? whadya say?

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 54
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 4/25/2015 3:17:32 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

nevermind

oh cmon man!! whadya say? whadya say?

Man, that was two years ago! I hardly remember yesterday. I probably put down anime, but thought who am I to judge.
If people like it, then more power too them.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 55
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 5/3/2015 7:44:12 PM   
Kuokkanen

Latest manga chapter of Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There seems to be wrap up of the second novel. Among many things in over 50-pages long chapter, Hardy's apostle introduces herself, JSDF comes to the rescue, dark elves comically miss the point, Itami is a big damn hero, and Rory shows more of her dere-side. Excellent chapter all around!

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 5/5/2015 5:08:57 PM >

MekWars

Post #: 56
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 5/5/2015 7:45:32 AM   
Josh

Linkies don't work

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 57
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 5/5/2015 7:59:13 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:18:42 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 58
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/3/2015 6:50:53 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri
Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

My favourite of this bunch. In middle of the day, stargate of sorts appear in middle of Tokyo, and medieval army pours in to Tokyo's streets. JSDF comes on to the scene, overruns the invaders, and goes through the gate to do some recon-in-excessive-force. I've seen some discussion about what-ifs modern armies in Middle-Earth (some have RPGd it too), and this manga comes pretty damn close. It's not purpose made parody, but just try hold your laughter when JSDF helicopter force flies and fights while playing Ride of the Valkyries through battery of loudspeakers: DADADA DAH-DA! I bought & downloaded Die Walküre from iTunes so I could play it while reading that part again. No official translation in print yet. And yes, this manga is as awesome as it sounds.

Anime is here

Anticlimatic. First episode covers only half of the first chapter (some 17 pages, not counting cover and index). Feels like slaughter was replaced with pointless fillers. With this pace first season's 24 episodes cover only the first novel (24 manga adapted chapters on 3 tankobons). There's to hope disc releases will have more blood & guts.

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 59
RE: ANIME und MANGA thread - 7/4/2015 11:26:18 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:24:22 PM >

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: ANIME und MANGA thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI