Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on aircraft upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question on aircraft upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/23/2013 5:05:26 PM   
loki100

I'm slowly getting to terms with this game and in a test SP game decided to pay more attention to managing the airwar than I have.

So its a 1941 Soviet GC and I took the common advice of bouncing most of the VVS to the national reserve - apart from some fighters and the long range stuff. Left it in there for about 3 terms in which period I'd juggled the air HQs and bases to suit my emerging deployment and then starting farming out the VVS.

For the junk I-153s/1-15s, some I committed on the grounds they'd shoot something and any attrition on the Germans is good. After a while they were in a mess - fatigue/morale/losses so I sent them back to reserve and replaced by better Migs/LAGGs.

Now all this is a long way to get to my question. I've ended up with about 15 units notionally equipped with I-153s that have been in reserve for an age. So they have very high morale - up in the 80/90s - but are flying garbage. So should I (a) just wait till the natural upgrade cycle catches up with them and assume at some stage I'll have high morale units with better planes; (b) intervene and use the manual upgrade; or, (c) just scrap them. Equally should I, rather than send them to reserve, have just disbanded them right at the start?

If I do (c) does anything happen to the pilots or are they just lost in the ether?

ta

Post #: 1
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/23/2013 6:40:16 PM   
JeremyB

quote:

I've ended up with about 15 units notionally equipped with I-153s that have been in reserve for an age. So they have very high morale - up in the 80/90s

How the hell do they get to 80-90s????? I thought they could only gain morale up to the national morale level...

huh???

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/23/2013 7:51:01 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeremyB

quote:

I've ended up with about 15 units notionally equipped with I-153s that have been in reserve for an age. So they have very high morale - up in the 80/90s

How the hell do they get to 80-90s????? I thought they could only gain morale up to the national morale level...

huh???

heres the report:

some of those never left the reserve but as you can see some formations have pretty impressive kill rates

< Message edited by loki100 -- 4/23/2013 7:56:27 PM >

(in reply to JeremyB)
Post #: 3
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/23/2013 8:08:43 PM   
morvael

Spend the points and upgrade them manually, it will take a long time to burn 3000+ obsolete planes with just 15 regiments, that could be doing their work in new machines. That's what I did. I used the Bn first, but when the Dec'42 change came in I disbanded them, as I had enough regiments to fill airbases to the max supported capacity (side effect of respecting support size is I get no new bases).

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/27/2013 12:31:16 AM   
Simbelmude

quote:

huh???

I echo Jeremy's surprise... aren't you supposed to gain morale only if you're under your national level? What am I missing?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/27/2013 9:14:33 AM   
cpt flam

national moral is not a factor for aircrafts as i see it
doing fine you can reach 99 for each side
but big losses and replacement will kill you

(in reply to Simbelmude)
Post #: 6
RE: Question on aircraft upgrades - 4/27/2013 10:55:05 AM   
Von Weber

They've got morale, but not experience, for gaining experience they would fly combat missions.
BTW what date screenshot is related?

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question on aircraft upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI