Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 7:21:58 PM   
HITMAN202

These are my thoughts based on how THEPROS played me (wonderfully IMO.) I think he can weakly breech you position 3-4 hexes south of Cherkassy, but he may not and just build up his forces. If he breaks across the Dnper, cover the Psel with a strong line of single units 2-3 rows deep, 10 hexes north with a screen north of that. Do not defend the Dnper N N/W of the Psel. South it must be air-tight. If he builds up and doesn't cross the river (or fails doing so) do not defend the Dnper north of Cherkassy. I think you have enough units to effectively delay AGS's advance. Retreat to where only a few infantry div can make hasty attacks across river lines. Infantry units will have a +100 modified defense (usually) behind a river hex and will hold (usually). And that's not adding on the possibility od Reserve Activation

Look what THEPROS did to me in AGS with their purposeful delay strategy in the AAR. Granted I'm not a MT, but I found no answer to it.

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 4/29/2013 7:57:40 PM >

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 31
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 8:08:38 PM   
KamilS

My AAR report is lagging behind game, so decisions how and where to fight in the south were already taken and price was paid.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 32
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 8:09:41 PM   
HITMAN202

Was it good or bad ??? That's one reason I post AAR with each move.

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 4/29/2013 8:11:02 PM >

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 33
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 8:15:31 PM   
KamilS

Can't disclose that informations yet ... to be honest it is hard to judge how bad situation is.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 34
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 10:12:14 PM   
mmarquo

He loves to drive south and trap a huge number of forces east of Kiew; he is a master at squeezing fuel into panzers like a magician so you are not safe if you stay on the Dnepr.

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 35
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/29/2013 11:53:20 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamil

T2 north & centre (German)

Contrary to my expectations Michael pushed towards Velikie Luki and practically outflanked my positions at land-bridge.

It is not an issue, because I planned to make a stand to the east, near Smolensk.

As I stated same old same old. How could that possibly be contrary to your expectations?

He done the same move in the last 3 AAR's, your joking right?

I just keep blowing my horn and get ignored again hehehehe

Atleast take Katzas advise on planes lol

Other then that your doing great and hes got more fuel exploits then a Big Mac has calories.

I take a Big Mac, large fry and diet coke

< Message edited by Pelton -- 4/30/2013 12:01:40 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 36
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/30/2013 12:32:58 AM   
KamilS

quote:

Pelton

As I stated same old same old. How could that possibly be contrary to your expectations?

He done the same move in the last 3 AAR's, your joking right?

No I am not joking.

He did it before very often so I didn't expect him to execute same manoeuvre again.

But to be honest Michael's tactics is consequence of Soviet deployment.

Area was weakly held so he decided to give himself opportunity to attack Velkyie Luki - Vitebsk corridor with support of 4th Pz Gruppe.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 37
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/30/2013 8:36:18 AM   
janh

quote:

Area was weakly held so he decided to give himself opportunity to attack Velkyie Luki - Vitebsk corridor with support of 4th Pz Gruppe.

Yeah, it looked like his deployment in the last image you posted was a bit to feel out your lines, looking to exploit mistakes once the Panzer fuel is filled up again on turns 4-5.

I am just wondering what he is doing in the North, does he completely ignore LG or is he just way behind? He may have provided you a reasonable chance to hold it this time?

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 38
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/30/2013 11:16:35 AM   
KamilS

quote:

janh

Yeah, it looked like his deployment in the last image you posted was a bit to feel out your lines, looking to exploit mistakes once the Panzer fuel is filled up again on turns 4-5.

I am just wondering what he is doing in the North, does he completely ignore LG or is he just way behind? He may have provided you a reasonable chance to hold it this time?

I think it is still too early for any conclusions.

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 39
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 4/30/2013 11:23:02 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: janh

quote:

Hes out flanked the river to the north of his push, so he can drive for LG or do right hook at some point. Kamil has now has to defend 2 aproaches to LG, it very very early and one turns can get 200 miles for GHC.

The main rail head is the line he cleared which will put PZ's in short range of fuel.

The up side for Kamil also is NM is WAD now. SO these early turn retreats up CV to max(NM level) possible very quickly.

Also GHC crossing the river south of Keiv turn 4 really means very little and is done frequantly. As long as Kamil is doing Flavuisx's evac plan nothing major in factories (30-35)will be lost. GHC has to take out atleast 80 pts to have any real effect now, was 100+ at one time. I built my first 10-0-0 around that, then poeple woke up and realized arm pts ment something and HVY nothing(in short run 41-43)

As Kamil has to do is hold Moscow in 41. LG would give him game, but its not needed.

Was JK about MT's fuel exploits also.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 40
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:17:24 PM   
KamilS

T4 north & centre (German)

Michael approaches first line of defences in the north and centre.

Important tank battles has taken place east of Smolensk.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 41
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:21:56 PM   
KamilS

T4 south (German)

Dnepr line was breached and many divisions are locked will be lost.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 42
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:34:02 PM   
KamilS

T4 north & centre (Soviet)

Two pockets were broken what will present Micheal with unpleasant alternative - rout or spend more MPs bypassing encircled troops.

Defensive line east of Smolensk was strengthened further.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 43
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:37:47 PM   
schascha

I like yours AARs Thx Kamil

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 44
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:38:06 PM   
KamilS

T4 south (Soviet)

I decided against undertaking any attempts to save more troops. Risk is too big. It is not yet necessary to be desperate.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 45
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/1/2013 11:44:12 PM   
KamilS

quote:

schascha

I like yours AARs Thx Kamil

Thank you.

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 46
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 2:02:01 PM   
KamilS

T5 north (German)

I think not much will happen until German infantry arrive.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 47
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 2:04:36 PM   
KamilS

T5 centre (German)

I think next turn I can expect infantry finally joining battle. Real fighting will start.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 48
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 2:07:27 PM   
KamilS

T5 south (German)

Not much to report here either.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 49
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 4:15:10 PM   
HITMAN202

Congrats on a great 4 th move and how stable your position is in AGN and AGS. Your breaking of the two pockets last turn was a huge impediment to his advances. I'm very, very worried about the lack of depth of your AGC's defense. So much strength is in the immediate north and south of where it is needed IMO. Granted it is your move but I would liked to have seen the early construction of forts on the Vyzama line. I hope you kick the c*** (crud) out of that lead Pz unit in AGC.

I'm learning a lot about Soviet play this last month. THEPROS have not been nice to me.

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 5/2/2013 4:23:15 PM >

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 50
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 9:45:23 PM   
KamilS

quote:

HITMAN202

I'm very, very worried about the lack of depth of your AGC's defense. So much strength is in the immediate north and south of where it is needed IMO

I think everything is relatively under control.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 51
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:22:48 PM   
KamilS

T5 north (Soviet)

I think I will withstand first wave of assaults without being ripped apart.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 52
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:29:50 PM   
KamilS

T5 centre (Soviet)

I restrained myself and avoided counter-attacking.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 53
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:31:26 PM   
KamilS

T5 south (Soviet)

There is most likely enough distance between my lines and panzers so I should be secure.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 54
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:34:54 PM   
KamilS

T5 OOB & casualties

I lost lots of territory but my forces are relatively strong so there is hope of slowing German advance down.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 55
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:35:55 PM   
KamilS

A that is it. Unfortunately game end here due to the problems cause by soaring Soviet morale.

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 56
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 10:51:36 PM   
carlkay58

OK, historically at this point AGC is stopped dead in its tracks after taking Smolensk. There are four to six weeks of almost trench warfare with the Soviets trying their best to kill themselves attacking the Axis but doing enough damage to the Axis that they can't do anything either. Not until the supply lines catch up, reinforcements arrive, and replacements/refit/rest occurs will this change. AGN is trying to close in on Leningrad and fight through the Luga River Line, and AGS is still trying to make it to the Dnepr.

I don't understand the 'problem' with the increased Soviet morale recovery. A morale of 40 means that almost any defensive combat loss with have a great chance of routing the unit. A morale of 50 just means that you are two to three defeats away from that. I am part of the group of voices asking that the Soviet morale be returned to 45 for 1941, but this just means the Soviets are more fragile and only a single defeat or two from routing easily. So a 1941 Soviet has to rotate the front line and be careful of counter attacks because those units will be even closer to routing.

However I will also admit to playing the AI a lot lately in play tests and I am used to being at 80% vs 120%

(in reply to KamilS)
Post #: 57
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/2/2013 11:17:20 PM   
Michael T

We intend to restart with same HR as soon as a new patch with a fix for the morale issue is resolved. I have a new opening I have developed that is going to make its debut in the restart. It should provoke some chat. I am hopefull that they just revert to a cap of around 45 and perhaps a little slowdown in reaching that cap rather than doing it in 2 to 3 turns. Anyway stay tuned

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 58
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/3/2013 1:00:58 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

OK, historically at this point AGC is stopped dead in its tracks after taking Smolensk. There are four to six weeks of almost trench warfare with the Soviets trying their best to kill themselves attacking the Axis but doing enough damage to the Axis that they can't do anything either. Not until the supply lines catch up, reinforcements arrive, and replacements/refit/rest occurs will this change. AGN is trying to close in on Leningrad and fight through the Luga River Line, and AGS is still trying to make it to the Dnepr.

I don't understand the 'problem' with the increased Soviet morale recovery. A morale of 40 means that almost any defensive combat loss with have a great chance of routing the unit. A morale of 50 just means that you are two to three defeats away from that. I am part of the group of voices asking that the Soviet morale be returned to 45 for 1941, but this just means the Soviets are more fragile and only a single defeat or two from routing easily. So a 1941 Soviet has to rotate the front line and be careful of counter attacks because those units will be even closer to routing.

However I will also admit to playing the AI a lot lately in play tests and I am used to being at 80% vs 120%

The issue (NM recovering to easly ) causes game to become instant trench warfare after turn 10.

So we are looking at SHC going over to offensive operations before the end of summer of 41. I mean offensive operations and not historical Stalin death march offensives of 41.

A blizzard that is Middle Earth plus 100x and then a SHC steam roller beginning spring of 42.

Basicly the only hope of a draw for GHC is my Homeland Defence Strategy starting turn 17.

Remember even the smallest tweaks have a HUGE snowball effect withen 50 to 75 turns.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 59
RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) - 5/3/2013 1:22:21 PM   
mmarquo

I am not playing WITE anymore, but this Forum is still one of my favorites: it is amusing watching the bugs being flushed out of the swamp. The Holy Grail of EF gaming, so close yet so far.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Micheal T (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI