Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 1:57:24 PM   
Philkian

Matrix Games is happy to announce a special promotion dedicated to all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming.

Starting this week, there will be a weekly deal of the week offering selected games at a special price. From 29th of April to 5th of May, Forge of Freedom and John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War will be sold at $19,99/$29,99 (Digital/Boxed version), which is a discount of up to 60 %!

To take advantage of this offer, visit the Matrix Games Store and…add the games to the cart!

This is just the first Deal of the Week, many more will come. It’s a great opportunity to give a boost to your collection and for enjoying some of those strategy classics you may have missed out on the first time round!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 2:19:11 PM   
catwhoorg

Interesting.

That particular one isn't my cup of tea, but I look forward to seeing what other deals appear.

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 2:30:41 PM   
Anguille

Excellent....Forge of Freedom will be mine this week. Already have John Tiller's game.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 2:53:32 PM   
rodney727

Well I am impressed. Will you have something every week? Always wanted to try JT battleground think I will buy this.

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/29/2013 6:24:13 PM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 3:47:05 PM   
Ranger33

Great deals, not exactly the games I was looking for personally, but I'm excited to see what pops up each week! I was worried these sales would be of the 10-15% variety, but 60% off is the real deal and will certainly get me to bite as soon as something I want comes around!

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 5:11:30 PM   
histgamer

I can say that FOF never really appealed to me despite helping do some documentation of some of the info on the generals (I think that was the game I helped with) but at that price I'd definitely be willing to give it a go. I'm definitely interested in the civil war but I was hesitant to go into a game where the game seemed to abstract to me, apart from handling the generals that is, but I definitely would be interested in giving it a try now at that price. I'll pick that up later today probably. Kudo's to you Matrix, this is one sale you probably never would have gotten but because of this promo you won over me on FOF.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 4/29/2013 5:14:06 PM >

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 5:38:27 PM   
JudgeDredd

I just wanted to say 3 things

1. Great idea. I don't know if it will prove you rake in more money than if they sat there at full price - but it's a great idea and you are to be applauded for listening. I hope it does work out as bringing in money for your older titles - and not for selfish reasons - but so you continue to be the great publisher
2. Unfortunately I have both - but if I didn't I would definitely buy at that price.
3. For anyone on the sidelines who is remotely interested in the ACW - you simply cannot miss Forge of Freedom. Unfortunately the interface is stuck in 2000 but the gameplay is superb. It's got a great, deep, detailed strategic layer and a fantastic and intense tactical layer. The strategic layer has you managing your money, your support, your army, buildings, horses, iron etc, etc, etc. The tactical layer has quite intense battles. I've had a few nail biters!

Anyway - goood luck to you with this. I hope it does what you hope it needs to do...generate money for the developers and yourselves.

Oh - and get some advertising...let people know about this.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 5:40:23 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

I can say that FOF never really appealed to me despite helping do some documentation of some of the info on the generals (I think that was the game I helped with) but at that price I'd definitely be willing to give it a go. I'm definitely interested in the civil war but I was hesitant to go into a game where the game seemed to abstract to me, apart from handling the generals that is, but I definitely would be interested in giving it a try now at that price. I'll pick that up later today probably. Kudo's to you Matrix, this is one sale you probably never would have gotten but because of this promo you won over me on FOF.

I think you may be thinking of War Between the States. (as you are talking about abstraction).

Both have detailed info on Generals - though I think FoF went above the call of duty in providing what it did. I also don't recall alot of abstraction.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 7:13:27 PM   
vonRocko

Very cool! Unfortunately I have both. Looking forward to others!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 7:36:43 PM   
histgamer

I know it sounds silly but one thing that annoys me with most grand strategy civil war games is the lack of troop numbers. I don't like being told you have xbrigade or xdivisions I want to know how many men are in each unit. I agree that sounds like a stupid pet peve but ACW Fort Sumter to Appomattox is an ancient game that did this and I still play it today because of how it handles unit organization and I wish there was a grand strategy game like it.

I think the Blue and the Grey did include more info like that and so did ACW Empire? Or whatever that ancient Ageod game that I think they are remaking but other than that there really isn't anything new that fulfills my silly peve.

That said with the much lower price I'll give the game a shot and hopefully it's good enough to overcome my own stupid picky-ness.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

I think you may be thinking of War Between the States. (as you are talking about abstraction).

Both have detailed info on Generals - though I think FoF went above the call of duty in providing what it did. I also don't recall alot of abstraction.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 7:53:53 PM   
wilecki

Wow! Bought FoF in an instant. Keep the deals coming - Hannibal: Rome and Carthage would be another isntabuy for me ;)

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 8:24:17 PM   
Tinkershuffle

Good stuff! ACW ain't quite my thing but I'm anxiously waiting for those ww2 titles :)

(in reply to wilecki)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 9:01:24 PM   
histgamer

Keep in mind guys these will probably all be only back catalog games, you won't see huge discounts on new stuff, matrix has already explained their thought process and they're not going to kill games that are still moving inventory and jeopardize long term financial stability.

(in reply to Tinkershuffle)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 9:01:56 PM   
wodin

flanyboy..thats a bug bear for me in all operational games..I want to know how many individual soldiers are in a unit..how many are killed and how many wounded.

(in reply to Tinkershuffle)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 9:08:25 PM   
Greyshaft

How do I get notification of the deals... I browse this Forum most weeks but its not impossible for me to miss a fortnight if things get busy... please please please put me on your mailing list. I've been asking for emailed news from matrix for years but it never happens.

(I can't believe I'm begging someone to send me their advertising material... or that they are apparently not interested in doing so)

/Greyshaft

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/29/2013 9:29:35 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

How do I get notification of the deals...

Are you subscribed to the Matrix newsletter?

http://www.matrixgames.com/community/newsletter.asp

All news is available on the Matrix front-page website and on all their social media like Facebook and Twitter, on top the press announcement are released to most gaming press servers... and therefore appear and spread on most important game websites and forums within 48 hours. Like IGN, Gamasutra, Gamershell, Wargamer, N4G, Bluesnews, Combatsim, Strategy Informer, etc...

http://www.matrixgames.com/

quote:

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week!

A special promo to wet your wargaming appetite

Arlington, VT, April 29, 2013 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) is happy to announce a special promotion dedicated to all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming.

Starting this week, there will be a weekly deal of the week offering selected games at a special price. From 29th of April to 5th of May, Forge of Freedom and John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War will be sold at $19,99/$29,99 (Digital/Boxed version), which is a discount of up to 60 %!

To take advantage of this offer, visit the Matrix Games Store and…add the games to the cart!

This is just the first Deal of the Week, many more will come. It’s a great opportunity to give a boost to your collection and for enjoying some of those strategy classics you may have missed out on the first time round!

Matrix Games is part of the Slitherine Group

About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 4/29/2013 9:43:20 PM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 4:28:04 AM   
Challerain

Just an FYI...

Just bought Tiller's Civil War Game and was offered a bundle with his Napoleon game. So, you can get them both for $19.99 each. Not bad.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 9:48:31 AM   
Alan Sharif

Great idea. Will be have my cash , that's for sure.

A Sharif

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 10:26:01 AM   
wodin

Hoping TOAW3 comes on offer for the same price as these..I'll pick it up then. Also if WITP (it's been superseded and would be a great way to get more people into the game who would then go onto buy WITP AE), Battlefront and SSG's Kharkov games would most likely be bought aswell for that price.

Would be cool if the smaller less well known games came out for around $10...like World War 2 general Commander and Operation Barbarossa Struggle for Russia and Uncommon Valour to name some WW2 ones. Flashpoint germany for $10 timed at the release of Flashpoint Campaigns would be a great marketing idea aswell.

< Message edited by wodin -- 4/30/2013 10:27:57 AM >

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 11:06:28 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

quote:

How do I get notification of the deals...

Are you subscribed to the Matrix newsletter?

http://www.matrixgames.com/community/newsletter.asp

I've signed up a number of times over the last half dozen years but have yet to receive one... I'll try it again but I'm starting to think these newsletters are a figment of the imagination.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 11:43:34 AM   
IainMcNeil

Greyshaft on the newsletter sign up it if you have ever black listed or marked one of our mails as spam or clicked a link saying "Do not mail me" it automatically removes you from the system and never mails you again and it is impossible for us to override it - this is to prevent spam. If you contact me with your email address I can check if this is the problem. If that is the issue you'd have to contact the mail provider directly as they will not talk to us or allow us to override this.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 21
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 12:07:46 PM   
histgamer

Wodin while it might get people into WiTP I think Matrix would have a legitimate concern that it would prevent people considering purchasing from buying AE and just playing WiTP for years and years waiting for the eventual price drop on AE. It certainly could increase the audience of a game like this but the question is over 2-3 years would it cause more lost revenue on AE than it would generate, it's a very real possibility it would be a net loss for them. Lord knows I want more games for less but I think the fact that Gary Grisbey's Pacific War is free will probably be a good enough experience for people who'd be seriously interested in WiTP. Sure it's arcaic but if you enjoy that then you'd definitely be willing to pay the extra buck for WiTP. That's how I found and got into WiTP and then AE.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Hoping TOAW3 comes on offer for the same price as these..I'll pick it up then. Also if WITP (it's been superseded and would be a great way to get more people into the game who would then go onto buy WITP AE), Battlefront and SSG's Kharkov games would most likely be bought aswell for that price.

Would be cool if the smaller less well known games came out for around $10...like World War 2 general Commander and Operation Barbarossa Struggle for Russia and Uncommon Valour to name some WW2 ones. Flashpoint germany for $10 timed at the release of Flashpoint Campaigns would be a great marketing idea aswell.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 1:12:05 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Greyshaft on the newsletter sign up it if you have ever black listed or marked one of our mails as spam or clicked a link saying "Do not mail me" it automatically removes you from the system and never mails you again and it is impossible for us to override it - this is to prevent spam. If you contact me with your email address I can check if this is the problem. If that is the issue you'd have to contact the mail provider directly as they will not talk to us or allow us to override this.

I just signed up again and received a friendly email from the newsletter team,
Looks like it was third (or fourth?) time lucky

Thanks

/Greyshaft

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 1:25:04 PM   
histgamer

Just purchased FOF. Servers seem to be running really slow though. The download is inching along.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 4/30/2013 5:34:31 PM   
wodin

Flanyboy..your probably right..maybe Uncommon Valor then is the one that could be a good entry point and price.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 5/1/2013 7:24:06 AM   
Alan Sharif

Just ordered Forge of Freedom, directly as a result of this offer. Thanks for the price reduction.

A Sharif

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 26
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 5/1/2013 12:06:07 PM   
Greyshaft

Already got FoF and UV ... but I'm sure there's a deal out there with my name on it :)

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 27
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 5/1/2013 12:16:00 PM   
wodin

I hope the rise in sales for these games have shown what a price reduction can do in terms of sales.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 28
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 5/1/2013 4:15:07 PM   
histgamer

I'm not sure the rise in sales is relevant, it's more the rise in sales and subsequent drop-off of sales after the sale is complete vs the constant sales rate of a non sales title.

That said I trust that Slitherine was taking a low risk approach and likely the first sale was on games that probably had a pretty low sell through rate to begin with so any increase in sales would be a boost for the organization and developers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I hope the rise in sales for these games have shown what a price reduction can do in terms of sales.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 29
RE: Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! - 5/1/2013 4:49:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

It is indeed way too early to judge and keep in mind these is far from the first sale we've had as far as data on price reductions. The jury is out but we will be watching the results of these deals very carefully.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix offers you the Deal of the Week! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI