Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I believe this game will never happen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: I believe this game will never happen Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 4:51:49 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

my head hurts

He he, mine too brian brian, please take a Lorazepam like I do when dealing with some posters here, who will remain nameless

Bo

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 91
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 5:06:46 PM   
Extraneous

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur
First: I'm not saying that you didn't have a reason to quit. Reading is difficult, isn't it. In my opinion, people who quit usually do these kind of things out of the wrong reasons. Not being able to accept certain points of view from people in charge is one of them. After having to deal with you on this forum, I think you are in that category (if not, why are you always saying: "I'm right and you are wrong" in your posts).

Second: I didn't think you are using the NDA as a shield. If things have occured which you can't speak about here, than that's to bad for us. If you can't seem to give the reason due to the contract, than that is a valid way of excusing yourself and we have to abide by that decision and don't press on the attack. However: this also means that you should be a little more cautious in how you operate on this forum. You know what happens behind the public screens, so you should know better...

Third: the second paragraph (is this good English) was not intended to you personally, but in general to the Beta testers who have slowly decided to leave things as they were at that time and who didn't simply quit, but just vanished out of view. It is difficult to keep volunteers working for you if there are continuous delays and it doesn't seem things are drawing to a close soon, especially since it is work done "at distance". I haven't even got a clue how Steve looks like, or Bo, or Warspite, or Red Prince or all other people behind this. That is a disadvantage. I would like to get a beer (Budweiser is absolutely out of the question) somewhere in a pub in the world with all of them (keep on dreaming) to make sure everyone is again on the same track if I were in Steve's place. However, that isn't going to happen. I'm convinced there are a lot of the old beta testers around who have put this thing behind them, thinking: "This is never going to happen". They are wrong, but I can't blame them. A decade of development is a very, very long time.

Oh I'm sorry. I see now you didn't really mean to post it this way.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur
I agree that Mr. Extranous is now a hunted man. I hate quitters, especially if there isn't a reason to quit.

Is writing hard for you

I hope I'm entertaining you all. It seams to me you would rather flame someone than start a thread or post something about the game. So I'm willing to continue if you are.

I asked you all politely to post something about the game last week and you all appear to have refused.

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 6/14/2013 5:13:10 PM >

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 92
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 6:54:03 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

I asked you all politely to post something about the game last week and you all appear to have refused.

There's just a ton of posts about the game right now in the Development Forum that all the beta-testers have access to.

Paul

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 93
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 9:13:18 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

There's just a ton of posts about the game right now in the Development Forum that all the beta-testers have access to.

Good lord paul your right and I have been reading them and enjoying them all day. Extraneous I was going to send you an e-mail about where we stand with the game last week but I realized that I had signed an NDA form and I just could not bring myself around to breaking it. Sorry!.

Bo

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 94
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 9:17:30 PM   
bo

[/quote]

< Message edited by bo -- 6/14/2013 9:25:30 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 95
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 9:37:16 PM   
bo

Extraneous
quote:

I hope I'm entertaining you all. It seams to me you would rather flame someone than start a thread or post something about the game. So I'm willing to continue if you are.

You Sir are not entertaining trust me, I personally would rather flame someone then start a new thread about the game The other day I tried to start a conversation about the AI and how it would be implemented into the game [Will this ship with an AI] and after two way out in left field answers which had nothing to do with the post I gave up.

Bo

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 96
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/14/2013 10:40:24 PM   
Extraneous

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Yes I know but you should have said:

There's just a ton of posts about the game right now in the Development Forum that ONLY the beta-testers have access to.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

Good lord paul your right and I have been reading them and enjoying them all day. Extraneous I was going to send you an e-mail about where we stand with the game last week but I realized that I had signed an NDA form and I just could not bring myself around to breaking it. Sorry!.

Bo

I'm glad you honored your NDA.

bo did you gave up after your Post #50?

Where you had 7 posts that followed which you didn't respond to.

quote:

You Sir are not entertaining trust me, I personally would rather flame someone then start a new thread about the game The other day I tried to start a conversation about the AI and how it would be implemented into the game [Will this ship with an AI] and after two way out in left field answers which had nothing to do with the post I gave up.

Bo

Let me help you out.

=====> Sarcasm Alert <=====

I hope I'm entertaining you all.

=====> Sarcasm Ends <=====

It seams to me you would rather flame someone than start a thread or post something about the game. So I'm willing to continue if you are.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 97
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/17/2013 11:29:11 AM   
Joseignacio

Children, calm down. this used to be a very civil forum. I am surprised and upset.

So upset, I will not make any complaints about the excess of Political Correction (or "well-meaning censorship) that I hate with all my heart, and I will stop here not to put one more flame in the fire.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 98
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/17/2013 1:10:31 PM   
pzgndr

GameNazi says: No game for you!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 99
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/17/2013 4:11:37 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Children, calm down. this used to be a very civil forum. I am surprised and upset.

So upset, I will not make any complaints about the excess of Political Correction (or "well-meaning censorship) that I hate with all my heart, and I will stop here not to put one more flame in the fire.

Jose your right we are acting like children, well at least I am

I just do not like to see my fellow beta testers get talked down to by anyone and I do not want to go back to the old Bo of two years ago. So not to offend anyone anymore I will cease and desist.

Deleted the word ripped.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 6/18/2013 4:55:38 PM >

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 100
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 8:21:23 AM   
Extraneous

quote:

Children, calm down. This used to be a very civil forum. I am surprised and upset.

What Political Correctness? And the reason you haven't started a new thread is what?

Jose I don't believe I have ever posted a derogatory post to anything you have posted.

quote:

Jose your right we are acting like children, well at least I am

I just do not like to see my fellow beta testers get ripped by anyone and I do not want to go back to the old Bo of two years ago. So not to offend anyone anymore I will cease and desist.

Bo

Since I am the only one that has been publicly singled out in this forum for "Hunting".

I can only assume you have considered me as some how "ripping" the beta testers which is untrue. I have not singled out the beta testers in any way. I have responded to caustic posts by individuals.

Are beta testers posts now exempt from being replied to?

If this is true then your going to have to have someone post their names since my list only goes up to August 7, 2009. After which their names were no longer posted on the forums as having being admitted to the beta test.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 101
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 8:51:29 AM   
Joseignacio

No,guys, don't take me wrong, I don't know all the facts nor I want to. I guess there has been some disagreement and problems within the beta testers team and forum members. All I wanted to say is "could we moderate the anger?" We are adults and we used to be fellow (pacifical) forum chaps. I have in a high consideration Extraneous, Bo, Warspite, Centuur, ...

As for the PC, Extraneous, it was not about you, but for one side-conversation on "aborigens". I hate to be told (or that someone impose some other person) how to address a person or group of persons (as far as he is not insulting) for political matters.

IE I consider "nigger" nowadays is a pretty degradating epithet (it wasn't upon a time, when it simply meant "black" -from latin "niger"-, which is descriptive), however I hate to have to say "african-american" when I want to say black. 'Cause black is not an insult, as much as white is not. Or aborigin for the case:

From the Collins':

quote:

aborigine /ˌæbəˈrɪdʒɪnɪ/ n

an original inhabitant of a country or region who has been there from the earliest known times

Etymology: 16th Century: back formation from aborigines, from Latin: inhabitants of Latium in pre-Roman times, probably representing some tribal name but associated in folk etymology with ab origine from the beginning

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/aborigine

quote:

Aborigine /ˌæbəˈrɪdʒɪnɪ/ n

Also called: Aboriginal a member of the indigenous people who were living in Australia when European settlers arrived
any of the languages of this people

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 6/18/2013 8:53:55 AM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 102
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 4:52:45 PM   
bo

Extraneous, beta testers are not exempt from being replied to, And I did not feel you should have taken it that way.

I will delete the word ripping from the posts as it probably was not accurate.

Caustic statements, now that is a pretty strong word [caustic] I felt, maybe wrongly so, that you were looking down your nose at some of us who just happened to be beta testers.

Centuur: Is writing hard for you
Oh, I'm sorry. I see now you didn't really mean to post it this way. [Beta tester]

Jose: What Political correctness? And the reason you haven't started a new thread is what?
[not a beta tester]

paulderynck: Yes I know but you should have said:
There's just a ton of posts about the game right now in the development forum that ONLY that the beta-testers have access to.

Do you know what a mainframe computer is?

Do you know what a flow chart is?

Yes I have met several have you?

Have you ever had a job or are you a professional student?
[Beta tester]

Steve: You only know six computer languages?
[The head boss]

Bo: Look it up Australia is considered a continent. I did know that honestly.

"Talking down to you on the other hand is required so you can understand." Well everyone here knows that, big deal.

If your not part of the beta testing team tough. "Tough"?

To the general posters here: "I asked you all politely to post something about the game last week and you all appear to have refused." You must be talking to the beta testers because the general posters know nothing of the computer game.

Look at the above Extraneous and if you feel that you have been polite, kind, nice, informative, and do not deserve the comments made to you in the forums then okay I stand corrected.

If you notice I did not use the word "trolling" as I felt you were not doing that.
[beta tester]

Bo

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 103
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 4:59:32 PM   
bo

quote:

No,guys, don't take me wrong, I don't know all the facts nor I want to. I guess there has been some disagreement and problems within the beta testers team and forum members. All I wanted to say is "could we moderate the anger?" We are adults and we used to be fellow (pacifical) forum chaps. I have in a high consideration Extraneous, Bo, Warspite, Centuur, ...

As for the PC, Extraneous, it was not about you, but for one side-conversation on "aborigens". I hate to be told (or that someone impose some other person) how to address a person or group of persons (as far as he is not insulting) for political matters.

IE I consider "nigger" nowadays is a pretty degradating epithet (it wasn't upon a time, when it simply meant "black" -from latin "niger"-, which is descriptive), however I hate to have to say "african-american" when I want to say black. 'Cause black is not an insult, as much as white is not. Or aborigin for the case:

From the Collins':

quote:

aborigine /ˌæbəˈrɪdʒɪnɪ/ n

an original inhabitant of a country or region who has been there from the earliest known times

Etymology: 16th Century: back formation from aborigines, from Latin: inhabitants of Latium in pre-Roman times, probably representing some tribal name but associated in folk etymology with ab origine from the beginning

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/aborigine

quote:

Aborigine /ˌæbəˈrɪdʒɪnɪ/ n

Also called: Aboriginal a member of the indigenous people who were living in Australia when European settlers arrived
any of the languages of this people

Hi Jose

I too do not like to be told what I can or cannot say about race or anything else in the forums, but in deference to Greyshaft or others I feel somehow I hit a sore spot without meaning to, apologized and moved on.

Bo

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 104
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 6:59:41 PM   
Centuur

Hey Bo, I can write . However, I've decided not to respond to any of Mr. Extranous posts, since that seems to be contraproductive. At first, I thought he was a nice guy. Unfortunately, I've concluded he isn't.

Peter

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 105
RE: I believe this game will never happen - 6/18/2013 11:53:21 PM   
Extraneous

Well done Joseignacio. Since I agreed with you I wasn't going to post. But I must say I didn't mean to ignore bo's faux paux but I had quickly forgotten it.

I would like to thank Steve for starting a new thread Screenshots for the Players Manual.

Centuur I will hold you to your post.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: I believe this game will never happen Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI