Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking For Old Shipsets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Looking For Old Shipsets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/13/2013 4:23:10 PM   
Leaddernoir

Hi all,

I am looking for a ship set which was posted a while back on these forums similar in style to the ones found in the following link. To be fair it is not much to go by, but does anyone recall a similar ship set for DW.

Edit- Unfortunately being new to the forums I cannot post links so I have uploaded a pic instead

Cheers :)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/13/2013 11:24:38 PM   
Simulation01

Is this the set:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2845072

There is a compendium of mods here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2440865

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to Leaddernoir)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/14/2013 2:04:07 AM   
Leaddernoir

Hmmm perhaps it was the ship set you linked (those ships look great btw), I've had a look through the compendium and the past 16 pages of the modding thread so I think it is safe to say that the ships I was thinking of are either the ones posted in your link or I am getting confused with another games ship sets.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/14/2013 2:22:42 AM   
Simulation01

No problem! Happy Gaming!

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

Post #: 4
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/14/2013 2:25:18 AM   
unclean

You might be thinking of the old GSB shipset that got taken down.

Post #: 5
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/14/2013 2:00:28 PM   
Leaddernoir

Hmmm perhaps, I'm starting to think its a lost cause lol. However I did stumble upon some amazing ship sprites from a game called Starsector (attachment posted above). I know nothing about modding but perhaps it will be possible to convert these ships into DW (with permission from the original authors). Well, off to the modding manual

(in reply to unclean)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/14/2013 2:58:23 PM   
rankalee

The ship above does look like something I've seen from a starsector mod.. it even looks like it has the empty circle bits to install the weapons on..

if it is from that game its fairly easy to convert the ships over since they also use PNG image files.. Just add the bit for engine trails in PS and your good to go.

I'm new too... only found the game about a week back and studying the modding manual too. :)

< Message edited by rankalee -- 5/14/2013 3:00:29 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/15/2013 4:34:22 AM   
Leaddernoir

Hey Rankalee, yep you are correct, the ship is from a Starsector mod. I was playing around last night and managed to import the ship into the game. The main problem is that the ship becomes a bit blurry when it rotates because the pixel dimensions are not identical to form a square. So I need to play around with adjusting the dimensions. I would also like to make the ships larger so you can see a bit more detail in game.

Have you played starsector? I am considering buying it. There seems to be some great ideas in there but it looks a little too arcade-like for me.

Happy modding :)

(in reply to rankalee)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/15/2013 5:21:46 AM   
rankalee

Yeah I own starsector.

It's a fun game but it's quite a different monster compared to Distant Worlds. Others say its basically a mount and blade game but in space...

IMO Starsector is more focused on the ship combat which is probably the best thing about the game.

Unfortunately though the other parts of the game are really lacking...only 1 star system etc.. but apparently updates are coming with more stuff but it's all just going too slowly for me to wait around... I'm sure it will be a great game in a few years from now though...

If you want it though its only 10 bucks lol.. I think you would easily get your moneys worth just from the combat system alone and the couple of fun mods that are out...

Just don't expect something as epic feeling as DW though. :)

Post #: 9
RE: Looking For Old Shipsets - 5/16/2013 1:46:45 PM   
Leaddernoir

thanks for the info rankalee, much appreciated. I definitely think the game has potential but maybe ill wait it out a bit and see how it develops.

(in reply to rankalee)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Looking For Old Shipsets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI