Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 4:55:13 AM   
gradenko2k

JT's Campaign Series still gets players and support because, as you said, it's a good game. Bombing the Reich gets played because it's very unique in terms of its subject matter but otherwise does not have a lot going for it. HPS Sims' Defending the Reich is significantly more playable.

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 331
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 5:35:19 AM   
DanSez

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

JT's Campaign Series still gets players and support because, as you said, it's a good game. Bombing the Reich gets played because it's very unique in terms of its subject matter but otherwise does not have a lot going for it. HPS Sims' Defending the Reich is significantly more playable.

thanks for the reference, I may have to look it up

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 332
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 5:38:01 AM   
DanSez

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

thanks for the reference, I may have to look that one up
(WEIRD LATE NIGHT INTERNET DOUBLE POSTING)..............

< Message edited by DanSez -- 8/22/2014 6:39:08 AM >

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 333
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 9:05:00 AM   
aaatoysandmore

While I think "Deal of the Week" is a great "feature", I'm not as excited at the $29.99 price tag on this. I was hoping for more of a $14.99 or $9.99 deal since it is so old. Can't have all prices what we want though huh?

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 334
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 1:14:23 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

While I think "Deal of the Week" is a great "feature", I'm not as excited at the $29.99 price tag on this. I was hoping for more of a $14.99 or $9.99 deal since it is so old. Can't have all prices what we want though huh?

Well, it should be market driven. There's no point in a sale unless it shifts games, and I assume pricing strategy will be assessed according to how many extra copies they sell. I think the discounted price is too high as well, but it's a game I've wanted for ages as subject-wise it's the only one in town. I guess whether the price is right depends on how many like me are out there?

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 335
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/22/2014 6:23:25 PM   
wings7

[/quote]

Well, it should be market driven. There's no point in a sale unless it shifts games, and I assume pricing strategy will be assessed according to how many extra copies they sell. I think the discounted price is too high as well, but it's a game I've wanted for ages as subject-wise it's the only one in town. I guess whether the price is right depends on how many like me are out there?

[/quote]

I'm one like you and I'm sure there are more that won't admit it!

Patrick

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 336
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/23/2014 2:14:08 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Well, I've waited this long I can surely wait some more. I'm not all that interested in the subject matter and perhaps the next time it will be discounted even more

And I'm sure there are others like me they just won't admit it also.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 8/23/2014 3:14:55 AM >

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 337
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/24/2014 9:34:10 PM   
Qwixt

Yep, I am with you. Too expensive given its age and abandoned state with a promised patch that was never delivered.

Post #: 338
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/25/2014 1:04:04 PM   
wings7

This weeks's deal "Field of Glory" makes it's debut on Deal of the Week! This is another I have been waiting for and again Thank You! The Ancients have always fascinated me, I haven't had much playing experience in this time frame, but I'm looking forward to it. It's gotten good reviews and there are a number of Expansion Packs available...hopefully these expansion's will be on the Deal of the Week in the future! Happy Gaming Everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 339
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/25/2014 1:47:07 PM   
GaryChildress

I have a request if ANYONE happens to think of it or catches a moment and sees John Tiller's Campaign Series on sale for "Deal of the Week" would you maybe PM me if you think of it? I don't visit the forum everyday and I actually already own the title but I lost it due to a mishap a while ago. I tried to see if I could "recover" it from the members area but unfortunately it didn't seem to be there to recover.

Thanks.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 340
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/25/2014 2:53:53 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I have a request if ANYONE happens to think of it or catches a moment and sees John Tiller's Campaign Series on sale for "Deal of the Week" would you maybe PM me if you think of it? I don't visit the forum everyday and I actually already own the title but I lost it due to a mishap a while ago. I tried to see if I could "recover" it from the members area but unfortunately it didn't seem to be there to recover.

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

Just open a ticket or contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk and we will provide you with a new download link.
I was able to locate your order.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 8/25/2014 3:54:45 PM >

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 341
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 8/25/2014 2:57:08 PM   
wings7

quote:

I have a request if ANYONE happens to think of it or catches a moment and sees John Tiller's Campaign Series on sale for "Deal of the Week" would you maybe PM me if you think of it? I don't visit the forum everyday and I actually already own the title but I lost it due to a mishap a while ago. I tried to see if I could "recover" it from the members area but unfortunately it didn't seem to be there to recover.

Thanks.

Gary, I'd be glad to let you know, but...

1. John Tiller's Campaign Series has been on the "Deal" twice.
2. War in the Pacific/ Admiral's Edition, twice.
3. Panzer Corps, once.
4. Commander: Europe at War, once.

I don't think these four will be on the "Deal of the Week" anytime soon but I'll let you know if they do.

Patrick

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 342
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/1/2014 5:29:03 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Pride of Nations" by AGEOD, makes it's debut on Deal of the Week! This is another one I have been waiting for and again...Thank You!! The Inter-War period is one of the most interesting and changing times in history. An AGEOD classic...

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 343
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/8/2014 2:51:36 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941" makes it's second appearance on Deal of the Week. I did not pick it up last time but I am today! Barbarossa was one of Germany's most industrious, and costly in the end, campaigns in it's history. This game has gotten some good reviews and with PBEM capabilities and an editor it is a great game to own!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 344
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/8/2014 2:56:29 PM   
MrsWargamer

I have had a passing experience with this during beta. It's going to be a long week :) Because I'd like to get this one, but sadly I need to force myself to take a pass, the funds are just too limited.

I do suggest that others with some free cash take the plunge though.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 345
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/8/2014 3:02:15 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

I have had a passing experience with this during beta. It's going to be a long week :) Because I'd like to get this one, but sadly I need to force myself to take a pass, the funds are just too limited.

I do suggest that others with some free cash take the plunge though.

Maybe next week you will be in a better position to "plunge"...here's hoping so!

Patrick

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 346
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 1:09:03 PM   
jack54

I hate when a game goes on sale 3 weeks after I buy it....I picked up "Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941" 3 weeks ago...

It's still way better than not having sales though... (I do wish Matrix could check some of the older games on Windows 8.1; there have been several sales I past up because they only go up to windows 7.)

I might add that I have had zero problems because of 8.1. So far every game I tried works fine I'm just afraid to buy some of the older ones.

< Message edited by jack54 -- 9/11/2014 2:17:29 PM >

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 347
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 2:03:49 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54
I might add that I have had zero problems because of 8.1. So far every game I tried works fine I'm just afraid to buy some of the older ones.

We plan to update the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 list, soon.

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 348
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 3:08:47 PM   
jack54

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

We plan to update the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 list, soon.

Excellent news ...thank you!

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 349
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 5:42:50 PM   
zakblood

i play some of the older games and also a lot of old dos games on windows 8.1 64bit, with no errors at all, it's how you set them up, but as yet not had one that hadden worked, but the best supported gaming platform yet released until 9 comes out that is, got a great compatibility wizard already in it, might take a few tries with some older games, but they do work

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

I hate when a game goes on sale 3 weeks after I buy it....I picked up "Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941" 3 weeks ago...

It's still way better than not having sales though... (I do wish Matrix could check some of the older games on Windows 8.1; there have been several sales I past up because they only go up to windows 7.)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/11/2014 6:43:19 PM >

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 350
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 5:43:55 PM   
zakblood

Buy before September 21st and get Battle Academy 2 for $29,99! £ 19.99 or € 24.99

so thats a good deal and offer tbh :)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 351
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2014 6:18:29 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

Buy before September 21st and get Battle Academy 2 for $29,99! £ 19.99 or € 24.99

so thats a good deal and offer tbh :)

I think I'm going to buy the boxed version with a game guide!

Patrick

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 352
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/15/2014 1:22:17 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Battle Academy" for the PC makes it's third appearance (the only title with 3 appearances so far) on Deal of the Week , I know it's because of the release of "Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front". An innovative and enjoyable game! I was hoping for all that own this game that the add-on packs or the "Mega Pack" would have been on sale also ...there still is time, we have the whole week to go! Happy Gaming Everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 353
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/15/2014 9:04:16 PM   
aaatoysandmore

When's Mark Walker's Heroes of Stalingrad gonna make Deal of the Week?

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 354
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/16/2014 10:46:46 PM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

When's Mark Walker's Heroes of Stalingrad gonna make Deal of the Week?

A good question

Post #: 355
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/16/2014 10:53:22 PM   
Gilmer

quote:

quote:

I have a request if ANYONE happens to think of it or catches a moment and sees John Tiller's Campaign Series on sale for "Deal of the Week" would you maybe PM me if you think of it? I don't visit the forum everyday and I actually already own the title but I lost it due to a mishap a while ago. I tried to see if I could "recover" it from the members area but unfortunately it didn't seem to be there to recover.

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

Just open a ticket or contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk and we will provide you with a new download link.

This is why I love Matrix and Ageod, and now Slitherine, too.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 356
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/17/2014 6:36:03 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

quote:

quote:

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

This is why I love Matrix and Ageod, and now Slitherine, too.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 357
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/22/2014 1:19:59 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Pandora: First Contact" makes it's second appearance on Deal of the Week. Its the first time the boxed edition has made it's appearance, the boxed edition come with a good manual. This is a wonderful, feature rich Civ type game!
And, the just released expansion "Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira" makes it's debut here on Deal of the Week...this is a good time to pick both or the expansion only! Happy Gaming Everyone!!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 358
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/25/2014 3:58:42 PM   
Ranger33

Great price on Pandora+Expansion! I had to pull the trigger finally. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I was honestly a bit surprised at that since I expected it to be poor man's Alpha Centauri (or at least be reviewed as such). No offense to the devs, that's just how such things often turn out.

Now I just have to carve out some time to play it! It's certainly a great time to be a gamer.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 359
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/25/2014 6:47:23 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Great price on Pandora+Expansion! I had to pull the trigger finally. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I was honestly a bit surprised at that since I expected it to be poor man's Alpha Centauri (or at least be reviewed as such). No offense to the devs, that's just how such things often turn out.

Now I just have to carve out some time to play it! It's certainly a great time to be a gamer.

Joe, it is on my (long) to do playlist! Enjoy!!

Patrick

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI