Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/4/2014 1:20:14 PM   
IainMcNeil

We're hoping to have it running in the next few months but not yet. Pricing wise it shouldn't make much difference though as we have a great bulk dispatch deal across the Atlantic.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 211
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/4/2014 6:35:01 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Anyone know if they have opened up a warehouse inside EU? Shipping from US is a bit to expensive for me.

That I do not know , hopefully someone will!

Patrick

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 212
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/4/2014 7:47:52 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

We're hoping to have it running in the next few months but not yet. Pricing wise it shouldn't make much difference though as we have a great bulk dispatch deal across the Atlantic.

If it is shipped from outside EU then there is extra tax to pay on the game.

And from the old warehouse that you had you could select a cheaper mail carrier and the price difference between the two was quite a lot.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 213
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/5/2014 10:17:26 AM   
IainMcNeil

If you buy a boxed copy from the US no VAT is charged so its not extra tax, it is the tax you would have had to pay if it was not shipping from the US. Most of the time they don't seem to charge the import tax either but I don't have stats on that. The shipping rate should be equivalent - check it out if you haven't already. It may be marginally more or less than it used to but it shouldn't be significantly different.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 214
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2014 7:19:28 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Commander Europe at War" to complete this great series. I look forward to playing & experiencing this great series!

Patrick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 215
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/17/2014 1:45:03 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "John Tiller’s Campaign Series" is a must buy for all you WWII tactical players . I was a little disappointed however, this deal has been offered before , but I'm happy for all who are thinking about purchasing it, especially with the recent upgrade...now is the time!
For future deals I would like to see offered "Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided":
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/330/details/Gary.Grigsby's.World.at.War:.A.World.Divided
And, "Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich":
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/320/details/Gary.Grigsby's.Eagle.Day.to.Bombing.the.Reich
They have not been offered before and would be a welcome addition to any WWII war gamer's game collection!
Happy Gaming everyone!!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 216
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/18/2014 1:00:42 AM   
histgamer

I would jump on bombing the reich. I might get Tiller's Campaign series. The interview over on the strategy wargamer has kinda enticed me.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 217
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/26/2014 6:23:46 PM   
wings7

This weeks deal looks great! I've decided to order the complete "Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection" instead of the "Scourge of War Gettysburg" base game. The former costs $89.99 as opposed to the latter (the base game and all the XP's) costing $134.95.

Here are some great YouTube video's from flanyboy if you would like to see some game play!
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3577717 (scroll down)

Happy Gaming everyone!
Patrick

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 218
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/26/2014 10:29:51 PM   
histgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

This weeks deal looks great! I've decided to order the complete "Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection" instead of the "Scourge of War Gettysburg" base game. The former costs $89.99 as opposed to the latter (the base game and all the XP's) costing $134.95.

Here are some great YouTube video's from flanyboy if you would like to see some game play!

Happy Gaming everyone!
Patrick

Great choice! If you want an online game sometime Wings let me know!

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 219
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/27/2014 7:16:02 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

quote:

Happy Gaming everyone!
Patrick

Great choice! If you want an online game sometime Wings let me know!

I will once I get some game play under my belt!

Patrick

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 220
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/31/2014 3:23:00 PM   
wings7

"Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided", I've been waiting for this one since the Deal of the Week started! It is a older title...an oldie but a goodie!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 221
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/7/2014 2:52:03 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Alea Jacta Est", I've heard alot of good things about this series and of course history, it was a fascinating, brutal and discovering time in history!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 222
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/7/2014 11:59:27 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

I just ordered "Alea Jacta Est", I've heard alot of good things about this series and of course history, it was a fascinating, brutal and discovering time in history!

Patrick

Congrats! AJE/BOR/PW have consumed many hours of my gaming time. Well worth the investment!

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 223
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/8/2014 9:10:50 AM   
Fetrik

I'm so gonna get the Hannibal dlc. Aje is great

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 224
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/14/2014 12:20:42 PM   
wings7

"Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945" is an incredible game! It's not for the faint hearted, a advanced game that you have to spend some time on learning but it is well worth it if you like WWII, East Front, strategic game play. This is the first this game has been on the "Deal of the Week"! Great savings, jump on it!!

Patrick

(in reply to Fetrik)
Post #: 225
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/14/2014 3:52:09 PM   
Hertston

So much for the policy of not putting the premium games on big discounts. Seems like the last remnants of the old Matrix have been swept away, or something.

Still, those without the game need to jump on this deal. Any new guys reading this, buy it too.. it's surprisingly accessible despite t6he mega-game tag, and you won't find a better wargame.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 226
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/14/2014 4:06:50 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

So much for the policy of not putting the premium games on big discounts. Seems like the last remnants of the old Matrix have been swept away, or something.

Still, those without the game need to jump on this deal. Any new guys reading this, buy it too.. it's surprisingly accessible despite t6he mega-game tag, and you won't find a better wargame.

Matrix/Slitherine are one of the best publisher/creators in the PC war game business and it is a great game!

Patrick

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 227
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/14/2014 8:09:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Actually, we've done discounts on big games before, just not soon after release. War in the East was released four years ago in 2010 and has had two expansions. It seemed about time for a special sale.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 228
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/14/2014 9:03:10 PM   
gradenko2k

Any chance the expansions themselves could go on sale? Please?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 229
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/23/2014 6:09:18 PM   
wings7

No IPad for me, although a did receive a Galaxy Note (Android) recently. I'm looking forward to next week's "Deal of the Week" for a PC game offering!

Patrick

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 230
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/24/2014 4:48:51 PM   
major.pain

Command Ops up next please, not been on deal of the week for over 12 months :)

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 231
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/24/2014 5:56:15 PM   
RCHarmon

quote:

"Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945" is an incredible game! It's not for the faint hearted, a advanced game that you have to spend some time on learning but it is well worth it if you like WWII, East Front, strategic game play. This is the first this game has been on the "Deal of the Week"! Great savings, jump on it!!

Patrick

I hate this game. No supply properly represented. No eastern front feel. pro soviet to the core. Biggest disappointment that I have had in a game. I would have forgot it long ago except I payed full price at release. All of its awards are rubbish.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 232
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/24/2014 6:09:52 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: RCH

quote:

Patrick

I hate this game. No supply properly represented. No eastern front feel. pro soviet to the core. Biggest disappointment that I have had in a game. I would have forgot it long ago except I payed full price at release. All of its awards are rubbish.

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 233
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/25/2014 1:28:08 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: RCH

quote:

Patrick

Ouch.

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 234
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 4/28/2014 12:29:30 PM   
wings7

This week "Crown of Glory: Emperors Edition" is a great game! I picked it up when it was offered in the first few weeks of "Deal of the Week" last year. There are still quite a few titles that have not been on sale yet for the "Deal of the Week" , I hope we see some of those in the upcoming weeks. If you would like a list of titles that have not been offered yet, I would gladly submit them to you!

Patrick

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 235
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 5/5/2014 2:00:44 PM   
wings7

This week "Korsun Pocket" a great operational strategy game on a great battle on the East Front. I bought this game back in 2003 at Fry's Electronic's, back when you could visit a store to buy your games and meet some great gamers! (boy, I sure miss that ). I haven't play it in a long time but what I remember I enjoyed...highly recommended and really on the cheap!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 236
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 5/7/2014 12:25:14 AM   
bairdlander2

Bought Korsun Pocket,tells me I need direct play for quick start to run,I install,and the game will still not run.I have windows 8,what a rip off

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 5/7/2014 1:25:28 AM >

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 237
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 5/7/2014 8:01:30 AM   
aaatoysandmore

No windows 8 is the ripoff not the game as it works on my XP, Vista and Win 7 setups.

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 238
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 5/7/2014 8:59:25 AM   
IainMcNeil

We know how frustrating it is when a game does not run, but if you have problems ask tech support and they'll try and get you sorted. This game was released 11 years ago - long before Windows 8 was conceived so obviously there can be issues. I'm not sure how it can be considered a rip off as your computer does not meet the system requirements but we'll still support you and do what we can, just contact support.

Here is the info from the games page:

Product Requirements :
Win 98, Win 2000, Win XP, Vista, 7
PII 450 Mhz CPU
128 Mb RAM
DX 8.1 or later
8Mb Video RAM/ 16 bit color
DX 8.0 compatible sound card
8 x CD-ROM
400 Mb Free Hard Drive Space

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 239
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 5/7/2014 2:09:48 PM   
bairdlander2

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

No windows 8 is the ripoff not the game as it works on my XP, Vista and Win 7 setups.

brand new laptop,not my fault its windows 8,anyway,I got the game to run by opening fie and running exe as admin

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI