Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Viking2 vs Tomanbeg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Viking2 vs Tomanbeg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Viking2 vs Tomanbeg - 1/6/2003 12:56:56 PM   
Tomanbeg

Hi Viking here is the start-up.

Attachment (1)

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http
Post #: 1
- 1/6/2003 1:57:44 PM   
VikingNo2

Is this 7.1

I think I like this

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 2
Challanging - 1/7/2003 3:31:26 AM   
Tomanbeg

Some Crazy Limey got me started on this type game. He pointed out that Brigade commanders have to use what they have, and it was extremely unrealistic for one to go down an equipment list selecting items like he was ordering a new car from the factory. It does make one learn how to use the proper combined arms tactics. Of course, I haven't opened my suprise package yet. My next message may be a scream of anguish followed by whines and moans, mixed with a little begging.
T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 3
- 1/7/2003 5:59:23 AM   
Tomanbeg

I got no complaints, The two giant urban areas are going to be fun, maybe. I have an idea based on treating them like angle bastions. we will see. Meanwhile here is my WaW E-mail box
[email]spgamer@crawler.com[/email]
AS soon as we start shooting the .rec file will go way past the limit. Sinc you won't see the pre-game replay, I shot a little pre-emptive barrage on the west edge of the north urban cluster where the road enters. I wanted to slow down any smash and grab units you had there. No bangs, pings, groans or screams. no body parts or secondary explosions so I guess I wasted a few rounds. If you make your counterbattery roll this turn, I will cry.
T.

Attachment (1)

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 4
- 1/7/2003 2:29:42 PM   
VikingNo2

The force comosition, isn't so bad. I just hope I can get the hang of CC ON before I get killed;)

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 5
- 1/7/2003 11:51:04 PM   
Tomanbeg

Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]The force comosition, isn't so bad. I just hope I can get the hang of CC ON before I get killed;) [/B]

Ah yes, the great equalizer. Here is something to try. Start a 100x100 map and use the clear map button to nuke it so you have clear, level 0 terrain. Save it and start a solitaire game with with C&C on. Set your movenment switch to A or B and look at what happens when you move your objective flag around. Watch what happens when you move your unit around. Zoom in zoom out. I'm embarrasssed to say how long it took me to get it, but the guy who taught me using this method was a graphics artist and used to 'visualizing'. I was at max zoom when the light bulb went off. As I saw the covered area(what my unit could reach that turn) change when a fast unit changed it's relationship to the objective flag, it hit me. Once over that conceptual hump, C&C is easy. When you have the light bulb go off, I will share T.'s list of C&C tips with you. It is already to late for some of them, but you might not need that part of the list anyway. If you are active duty USMC then you should be used to dealing with thrust axis and phase lines from your NTC trips, if nothing else. And Marines used to quite comfortable with cross attaching units. That is one reason why Marines platoons have more crew served weapons then 'standard' army units. Figuring out which companies will work better with the weapons platoon(s) spread out to the line platoons is important. And that, of course depends on a lot of things. The more units that zero has to control, the harder it is to keep them moving in the right direction, at the proper pace. And the more it hurts to lose the zero. The trade off is more fire power.
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 6
turn - 1/8/2003 1:06:06 AM   
Tomanbeg

Ok, here is my turn. no shooting so I think it will post here. I will need your E-mail address once the shooting starts.
T,

Attachment (1)

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 7
- 1/8/2003 5:46:50 AM   
VikingNo2

No shooting yet, my email is [email]gregoryjj@hawaii.rr.com[/email]

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Viking2 vs Tomanbeg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI