Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How I make pirates stop nagging me?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How I make pirates stop nagging me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 7:08:08 PM   
Speeder

I am playing a game with the largest galaxy setting, and the pirates are REALLY annoying me...

No, not attacking me, they can't, my ships now average 500 in firepower, and many pirates have 300 firepower with 8 ships...

They are annoying me, by requesting protection non-stop, sometimes I am busy using my fleet with 60 troops trying to conquer a planet that has 5 defense platforms, and even with speed of the game set to 1x, I get pirates offering "protection" non-stop (usually for values like 100 credits...) yet when I do accept their protection to see if they stop nagging me, instead they start to undo the protection and ask again!!!

How I make pirates shut up?
Post #: 1
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 8:25:11 PM   
rolandthemad

Exterminate them

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 2
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 8:30:29 PM   
Bingeling

Mute the computer and put gaffa tape across the top right part of the screen.
Or do as above after making sure they don't respawn...

(in reply to rolandthemad)
Post #: 3
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 9:11:01 PM   
Speeder

quote:

ORIGINAL: rolandthemad

Exterminate them

How I find them?

One pirate for example has ZERO military, and I am pretty sure I already exploded his base... And he keeps nagging me offering protection.

Post #: 4
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 9:36:54 PM   
TrooperCooper

Steal their operations map (intelligence agents).

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 5
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 9:45:28 PM   
robc04_1

It doesn't seem like a great design choice to just annoy the player repeatedly so they want to kill the pirates! There should be a response such as "No, I don't ever want your protection", or "No, don't call again for 5 years. Can't you see I'm on the Do Not Call List freakin pirate?".

Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games

(in reply to TrooperCooper)
Post #: 6
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 10:09:10 PM   
Speeder

quote:

ORIGINAL: robc04

It doesn't seem like a great design choice to just annoy the player repeatedly so they want to kill the pirates! There should be a response such as "No, I don't ever want your protection", or "No, don't call again for 5 years. Can't you see I'm on the Do Not Call List freakin pirate?".

This

Or maybe the pirate should not extort you when it is surely silly (ie: 0 firepower pirates nagging me, or a 1000 firepower pirate nagging me when my empire has 450000 firepower...)

(in reply to robc04_1)
Post #: 7
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 10:20:02 PM   
BigWolfChris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speeder

quote:

ORIGINAL: robc04

This

Or maybe the pirate should not extort you when it is surely silly (ie: 0 firepower pirates nagging me, or a 1000 firepower pirate nagging me when my empire has 450000 firepower...)

Would make abit of sense tbf

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 8
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 10:23:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

They're already not supposed to offer "protection" if you are clearly more powerful than they are. There is also a cooldown period between messages and they won't offer to sell you things you can't afford. That said, if you have met enough factions and not destroyed them and you're playing in a large galaxy with many pirates, it can get a bit spammy. We know this could use a bit more work as far as filters and such, we'll get there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 9
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 10:41:12 PM   
Speeder

I am very sure they are nagging me when clearly I am waaaay stronger than then...

Also one pirate kept repeteadly saying he was cancelling the protection (I dunno why, I never accepted it in first place... and he send me a message saying he was cancelling the protection like every 3 months...)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/26/2013 10:56:14 PM   
Zangi

Horry Toad... the amount of spam I get from pirates once I get +1million in creds. I have not even gained warp yet..

No, I do not want to buy your overpriced tech, ever.

That is on 'Many' Pirates. I quit that game to set it to 'Normal' Pirates.

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 11
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 4:49:33 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

and he send me a message saying he was cancelling the protection like every 3 months...)

I 'think' this has to do with smuggling, defense and attack missions. I'm not sure of course, but I think if they are doing a mission for you they are in protection mode and once they complete or quit that mission you get the announcement. I too have cancelled all agreements in my game but still get those announcements, so the only thing I can think of is those three mission types which I have set to auto due to so many of them spamming the screen when I had them set to suggest.

Jim

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 12
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 6:07:33 AM   
Neman

quote:

I am very sure they are nagging me when clearly I am waaaay stronger than then...

Also one pirate kept repeteadly saying he was cancelling the protection (I dunno why, I never accepted it in first place... and he send me a message saying he was cancelling the protection like every 3 months...)

I have noticed this as well. There has been no protection agreement with a single pirate faction but yet they keep saying its canceled...

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 13
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 7:12:28 AM   
Speeder

How I upload a save? I think Erik might want to see it, I noticed one of my old saves, the bug is still there...

The pirate stopped "cancelling" it all the time, but I still have a agreement with value zero, that I never accepted in first place (and the source of it telling me all the time he was cancelling).

(in reply to Neman)
Post #: 14
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 10:09:04 AM   
rolandthemad

I actually started to run into this problem.. just go into your settings and unclick the 'treaties' popup.. don't know exactly what it is called. The kept attacking my freighters all over the place and I was getting like 20000 messages regarding attacks so I had to unclick my attack notifications :-/

(in reply to Speeder)
Post #: 15
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 12:51:49 PM   
BigWolfChris

quote:

ORIGINAL: rolandthemad

I actually started to run into this problem.. just go into your settings and unclick the 'treaties' popup.. don't know exactly what it is called. The kept attacking my freighters all over the place and I was getting like 20000 messages regarding attacks so I had to unclick my attack notifications :-/

Private sector ships are really stupid tbf, despite having full intel on hostile pirates surrounding a friendly pilot (with full LOS showing) they will still warp to it and die in their hundreds
Them stats showing how many ships pirates have killed... I have a feeling 80% of those numbers are freighters feeding themselves to the pirates
Reminds me of how the AI loves feeding the silvermist

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

Post #: 16
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 1:41:27 PM   
Bingeling

A related thing is explorers insisting to refuel at an independent camped by pirates. I would take the hint after being attacked a couple of times, and look for alternatives. Generally, lager colonies are the only reliable refueling stops in the age of Shadows.

Post #: 17
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 2:20:49 PM   
Raap

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigWolf

Private sector ships are really stupid tbf, despite having full intel on hostile pirates surrounding a friendly pilot (with full LOS showing) they will still warp to it and die in their hundreds
Them stats showing how many ships pirates have killed... I have a feeling 80% of those numbers are freighters feeding themselves to the pirates

I suspect this has to do with them only checking for enemies *before* they do hyperspace. Maybe a fix would be to check the area again( if you have LOS) before they arrive. Or maybe civilian ships are simply unable to change orders; i.e. if it's supposed to take something from here to there, it will start the trip to 'there' even if it's infested with enemies.

Post #: 18
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 6:09:54 PM   
BigWolfChris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raap

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigWolf

I suspect this has to do with them only checking for enemies *before* they do hyperspace. Maybe a fix would be to check the area again( if you have LOS) before they arrive. Or maybe civilian ships are simply unable to change orders; i.e. if it's supposed to take something from here to there, it will start the trip to 'there' even if it's infested with enemies.

They aren't doing a check fullstop, the reason I know this? It's one of my own outer colonies that I can't get enough force to clear (I kid you not, there are nearly 100 pirate frigates orbiting the planet, a true blockade haha)

I've actually restarted that game since it's led to my private sector being decimated causing me massive supply shortages and stopping me from building much more military ships lol

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Raap)
Post #: 19
RE: How I make pirates stop nagging me? - 5/27/2013 6:32:50 PM   
Raap

Hmm, that's not good. I've always known the private sector was rather generous with its ship donations( every time I blockade something, they just keep coming), but I thought it was ships that were already on their way. If ships actually get orders to supply a colony that is surrounded by enemies, then that's rather concerning.

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How I make pirates stop nagging me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI