Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intel Agent Traits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Intel Agent Traits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel Agent Traits - 6/18/2013 11:09:25 PM   
Menzoberranzan

Since the release of Shadows(1.9.0.0 trough 1.9.0.6), I have not started any game where the starting Intel agents had a positive trait unless that trait was countered by a negative (Courageous with Corrupt). Most often, I never receive a starting agent that has a positive trait, generally having agents with Weak/Corrupt, Weak/Lawful, Corrupt/Uninhibited, etc.

The randomness is severely off.

Post #: 1
RE: Intel Agent Traits - 6/18/2013 11:24:32 PM   
necaradan666

I've had some good ones, my last game I started with a courageous, sober, measured human dude with around 30+ in multiple skills. He got me all the way through gerax hyperdrives in only four years worth of espionage, the quickest I've gotten out of prewarp era yet, and that was at the max tech cost, of course he was so good that I pushed him hard and he soon died like a dog by the hand of a pirate.

(in reply to Menzoberranzan)
Post #: 2
RE: Intel Agent Traits - 6/20/2013 12:00:21 AM   
MarQan

Just a guess, but it might has to do something with the Home System setting, on the Your Empire, when you're seting up the game. Could be a coincidence, but so far my Characters were as good as the Home System setting.

(in reply to necaradan666)
Post #: 3
RE: Intel Agent Traits - 6/20/2013 12:17:09 AM   
ASHBERY76

Placebo effect.

(in reply to MarQan)
Post #: 4
RE: Intel Agent Traits - 6/20/2013 8:12:15 AM   
Menzoberranzan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarQan

Just a guess, but it might has to do something with the Home System setting, on the Your Empire, when you're seting up the game. Could be a coincidence, but so far my Characters were as good as the Home System setting.

Based on my experience, it would have to be an inverse relationship to the Home System settings (the better the setting the worse the agents).

(in reply to MarQan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Intel Agent Traits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI