Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting - 6/20/2013 3:38:06 AM   
Kobracan

The empire navigation tool (left hand tool with many buttons) is very useful for small number of items but it's in need of some serious filtering and sorting capabilities. Especially with pirate play added, the number of things in that tool can reach staggering numbers making the use of the tool very hard.

The filters added in 1.9.0.6 for pirate missions were a welcome addition but unfortunately it's inadequate. I have 89 non-accepted smuggling missions available right now and going through those to find close ones to my bases is a real chore. Same thing goes for many of the other tabs like enemy targets, ships, fleets, mining locations, etc. I have 3459 potential mining locations excluding asteroids.

We need easy sorting and filtering capabilities on all of those tabs by firepower, closeness to bases, empire, etc. (depending on what the specific tab is). I almost think some of these tabs in the navigation tool deserve their own page like the one for resources in the expansion planner.
Post #: 1
RE: Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting - 6/20/2013 3:39:53 AM   
FerretStyle

I just wish that "right click to go to location" actually went to the location when right clicking. It doesn't seem to do anything atm.

(in reply to Kobracan)
Post #: 2
RE: Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting - 6/20/2013 8:55:07 AM   
Gorofin

Select the wanted item and press backspace...

(in reply to FerretStyle)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Empire Navigation Tool Needs Filtering and Sorting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI