Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pirates stole my spaceport, help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Pirates stole my spaceport, help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 6/20/2013 3:45:50 PM   
Aszh

Hey all, I'm new to the game so apologies if this is a really obvious question... I'm playing my first game (Shadows expansion) and this is the first time I've played long enough to meet another empire.

I was merrily going about by business, I have about 4 colonies now. I zoomed into my home planet, and I noticed all my fleets there were firing at my spaceport for some reason... I moused over it and it was owned by a pirate faction.

How did this happen? How did some pirates swoop past the entire combined might of my fleets guarding my homeworld and steal my largest spaceport out of from under them? How can I prevent it in the future?

Most of all, how can I get it back? I'm afraid my fleets are about to destroy it and I don't want that, those things are expensive.

< Message edited by Aszh -- 6/20/2013 3:47:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 6/20/2013 7:14:51 PM   
Fishers of Men

This is what pirates do. They swoop in and launch assault pods and board your spaceport to take it from you and then attempt to control the planet.

To prevent this from happening, make sure you have many extra Hab componets and troops to defend their boarding. I know its a pain. but I just need to manually keep my eye on these bases against the pirates that I have poor relations with. They can appear suddenly and without warning to launch an attack.

If your spaceport or any facility is captured, just reboard with your assault pods to take it back, it you don't want your fleets to destroy it first.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Aszh)
Post #: 2
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 6/20/2013 7:41:05 PM   
Aszh

I didn't even know you could put troops on space ports. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll just restart this game and take a stab at managing my own designs... up til now I've been letting the AI do it.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 3
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 6/20/2013 11:10:22 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

Those ships on Auto-Patrol can be a little slow on reaction time.. a little micro-managing for your fleet when an attack comes in may be handy

(in reply to Aszh)
Post #: 4
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 6/21/2013 5:54:07 AM   
crusender

use of heavy shielding may help too has they cant board if shield is more that 20 left (or 100 at last tech)

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 5
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 7/24/2013 2:06:00 PM   
paShadoWn

Swooping is bad...

(in reply to crusender)
Post #: 6
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 7/24/2013 2:12:46 PM   
pelthunter

Did you lose the planet too? This could happen if the pirates complete the Criminal Network.

(in reply to paShadoWn)
Post #: 7
RE: Pirates stole my spaceport, help! - 7/25/2013 2:17:41 PM   
Plant

Doesn't one of the patches changed it so that it automatically destroys a captured base if it is attached to another empire's planet?

< Message edited by Plant -- 7/25/2013 2:18:14 PM >

(in reply to pelthunter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Pirates stole my spaceport, help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI