Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

H2H game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> H2H game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
H2H game - 6/30/2013 4:30:53 PM   
o2o2243_slith

Is it possible to play a H2H game (With LAN connection), without having a internet connection?
I can't find anything about in in the manual.

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
across that angry or that glimmering sea.
Post #: 1
RE: H2H game - 6/30/2013 5:59:06 PM   
Tejszd

Yes, Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem and earlier releases allowed LAN play.

It is only the last release Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog which forces players to connect to the internet.

(in reply to o2o2243_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: H2H game - 7/1/2013 6:37:59 PM   
Tejszd

To play a LAN game go to the Multiplayer screen choose either 'Internet TCP' or 'Internet UDP' then choose to 'Host a Game'. This will then allow you to select the battle settings and displays your IP address (which you can give to your opponent if req'd). Your opponent needs to choose the same protocol TCP or UDP and then can search for games on the LAN which should find your game which is waiting to host a game.

Edit: Windows 7 & 8 have a built in Firewall which will pop up when you try to play multiplayer Internet or LAN and you need to 'allow access' for the game to communicate.

Most people play over the internet which is probably why they put the word internet their but those protocols do work on a LAN. A LAN game is easier today than an Internet game because of Firwalls and Routers which is why they tried to make it easier in Panther in the Fog by going through their server but unfortunately means you must have an internet connection and if they shutdown the server we're no longer able to play H2H....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 7/1/2013 6:40:26 PM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> H2H game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI