Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reserve planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Reserve planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reserve planes - 6/30/2013 11:40:23 PM   
Sieppo

What is the exact function of them in a squadron?

EDIT: obviously they replace damaged or destroyed aircraft but do they for example reduce the plane fatigue of other planes by rotating etc?

< Message edited by Sieppo -- 6/30/2013 11:53:19 PM >

> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Post #: 1
RE: Reserve planes - 7/1/2013 12:04:14 AM   
goatan

One immediate use i can think of is if you are moving a squadron to a base with poor supply the reserves give you a buffer before you have to us the base supply to replace planes.

I have also found it useful for patrol planes on cruisers etc. If the pilot makes a heavy landing and writes the plane off there is no need to return to port for a new plane as there is a spare below decks and they doesn't use up the allowed space for planes like reserves do on carriers.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 2
RE: Reserve planes - 7/1/2013 12:27:45 AM   
Sieppo

quote:

ORIGINAL: goatan

I have also found it useful for patrol planes on cruisers etc. If the pilot makes a heavy landing and writes the plane off there is no need to return to port for a new plane as there is a spare below decks and they doesn't use up the allowed space for planes like reserves do on carriers.

I have also though of how many spare planes fit into a Jap sub. Anyone know? At some point they show in red so in my experience only one extra.

> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.

(in reply to goatan)
Post #: 3
RE: Reserve planes - 7/1/2013 11:20:40 AM   
czert2

resrve planes are very helfull, mainly for sqadrons involved in heavy fighting and for patrol planes. For figting units is is evident - it allow you to operate at bigger strength than without them (they imediatly replace shoted down planes or badly damaged ones so while they are repaired sqadron use reserve planes to fly combat missions), For patrols it is very useful too - since fatigue is here your main enemy, you will simply use extra plane to replace one (or more) under maininetance.
And as told it is very usefull on ships too, as if you lose plane/pilot you dont need to turn to port for resuplyiing , you will use spare.

And just got idea (no idea how much realistic) - when you lose your float from ship that insead of turning to port for replace you "make call" (new added button) and new plane+ pilot appear on your ship, asuming you are in range of friendly base capable of generating new plane (same requrements as for upgrading sqadron).

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Reserve planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI