Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Function of Allied Training Command?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Function of Allied Training Command? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Function of Allied Training Command? - 7/3/2013 11:01:27 PM   
blueatoll

So I've got a bunch of pilots with over 80 Exp. I've been moving them to Traccom but can't find anywhere in the manual that explains what the advantage of doing this is. I know I'm following Allied doctrine so I'll keep doing it but I wonder what, if anything, does it give me?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Function of Allied Training Command? - 7/4/2013 12:13:58 AM   
chuckj118

In my current game (12/44 Allied) I tried placing 80+ pilots in TRACOM during 1942. The results were never very significant. After a time I moved my 30 or so aces back into combat because they could do more there. I now have pilots with close to 50 kills. I am not sure that having the pilots in TRACOM does much for the allies. If you continue to do it I would like to know the results. My opponent has pretty much put ALL 80+ aces into training others and feels it has helped the Japanese quite a bit.

I do most of my training on map. At least half of my squadrons are on the West coast or in Australia/India training pilots. I go through at the turn of each month and move trained pilots into reserve and then active units. Also, try using less well trained units to pound Japanese bases that have been bypassed; this helps to train them up.

This ends up being a bit of work but is well worth it in the end. I have to discipline myself to only do it once a month. Remember that is takes time to train pilots.

(in reply to blueatoll)
Post #: 2
RE: Function of Allied Training Command? - 7/4/2013 2:44:08 AM   
czert2

using of tracom is to speed up traing of new pilots, very usefull if you run low on pools or if you start puting them if they are lower than national average for that year (but dont forget heer is some random numbers so +-2 exps doesnt matter, but if -6, well...).
But if you much bigger problems in finding planes to fly than pilots to fly them  (and all sqadrons have maximum posible of pilots) is is more wise to put these elite pilots to front line where they will be much more usefull.
And having squadron full of 80+ pilots is REALY fun as you see score nicely rising up again greenhorns.

(in reply to chuckj118)
Post #: 3
RE: Function of Allied Training Command? - 7/4/2013 3:21:02 AM   
geofflambert

It seems like you're mostly just putting them in the fridge for later, which isn't necessarily a bad idea.

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Function of Allied Training Command? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI