Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Doc needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Doc needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Doc needed - 1/10/2003 4:03:56 PM   
Gavris Narcis

By the way, would somebody tell us more preciselly what means ''special op fire'' and ''point blank fire'' and how the game code treating this (another alghoritms, another kill percentage, another ammo, another .......). Why this informations didn't appear clear in game doc ? Or, where we can find a detailed game instructions ?
Thanks.

Leo.
Post #: 1
Re: Doc needed - 1/11/2003 1:51:16 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gavris Narcis
[B]By the way, would somebody tell us more preciselly what means ''special op fire'' and ''point blank fire'' and how the game code treating this (another alghoritms, another kill percentage, another ammo, another .......). Why this informations didn't appear clear in game doc ? Or, where we can find a detailed game instructions ?
Thanks.

Leo. [/B][/QUOTE]

Special op fire is opfire triggered by your units actions, either moving in the los of enemy units, or by firing at them.

Point blank fire is a special sort of special op fire triggered by moving too close (within 3 hexs or adjacent depending on battle).

If you feel you are getting too much op fire you can adjust the chance downward in the pref screen.

Personally I just leave all prefs at 100% and fight the ai as it was programmed.

The op firing unit will take more than their normal number of shots if you give them extra targets, but in doing so they gain extra suppression. After about a dozen or so shots they are suppressed enough they stop firing (depending on experiance).

If a unit is taking op fire, move or fire another unit until opfire shifts to that unit, you may then move or fire the first unit with a lower chance of being hit.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Gavris Narcis)
Post #: 2
- 1/11/2003 9:07:54 AM   
Supervisor

I couldn't have said it better myself.:D :rolleyes:

Post #: 3
Re: Re: Doc needed - 1/11/2003 2:59:45 PM   
Gavris Narcis

O.K. But this is the cvasirules.....What I want to know is:

1. What's the difference between OP and special OP ?
2. What is behind this special and point-blank OP ? I means how thrat this the game code: more damage, more chanche to hit, more firepower, another kind of ammo, etc.....
2. Especially I want to know if this special OP and point blank OP simulate in internal game code another kind of ammo (special type, ex smk/smkH) used by the unit fire alongside the regular ammo....Because this means another penetration factors, for ex: rifle fire more deadly at short ranges to light armor. That's my question.
Thank you for response,

Leo.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Doc needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI