Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download with sound files or without

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Download with sound files or without Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download with sound files or without - 4/19/2000 11:07:00 PM   
grockall

Would it be possible to have the option of downloading the game without the sound files.I assume these take up a large amount of the download and although I certainly do want them I would be happy to wait a month or so until the magazine cd is available.

Post #: 1
- 4/20/2000 5:40:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

For the record, SP:WaW is not to be reproduced FOR SALE by anyone. There will be 3 versions of the game available on May 8th: One is the game itself, as a single massive install file (~280MB at last check). Its bigger, not smaller - I know. If it is too big, you can wait for the Magazine CD's to come out. That is why we made the deal - so those without broadband access or several free overnites can get the game! We would rather spend the time working last minute fixes than trying to rework it to run reliably without all the sound and video files. One is a somewhat larger file (~370MB) that contains not just the game but all the associated things that one needs to run it. (like the Directx7 installation, Adobe acrobat viewer and some other stuff). Essentially, this is everything that would have gone on a CD had we been able to sell one. The third is a set of 3 files <100MB that WINZIP will put back together to form the 280MB file above. For folks that want to DL it to Zip disks, then copy the zip contents to their HD's and create the main install file. None of these versions will require anything else to play - ie no SP disk of any flavor. Just install and away you go.

(in reply to grockall)
Post #: 2
- 4/20/2000 4:09:00 PM   
grockall

Thanks for the reply. I certainly would not want to give you any extra work! I will download the zip files, I have directX7 etc.
quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: For the record, SP:WaW is not to be reproduced FOR SALE by anyone. There will be 3 versions of the game available on May 8th: One is the game itself, as a single massive install file (~280MB at last check). Its bigger, not smaller - I know. If it is too big, you can wait for the Magazine CD's to come out. That is why we made the deal - so those without broadband access or several free overnites can get the game! We would rather spend the time working last minute fixes than trying to rework it to run reliably without all the sound and video files. One is a somewhat larger file (~370MB) that contains not just the game but all the associated things that one needs to run it. (like the Directx7 installation, Adobe acrobat viewer and some other stuff). Essentially, this is everything that would have gone on a CD had we been able to sell one. The third is a set of 3 files <100MB that WINZIP will put back together to form the 280MB file above. For folks that want to DL it to Zip disks, then copy the zip contents to their HD's and create the main install file. None of these versions will require anything else to play - ie no SP disk of any flavor. Just install and away you go.

(in reply to grockall)
Post #: 3
- 4/20/2000 4:29:00 PM   
Recon_slith

How about a list of what the larger 370 meg download contains that the game needs. I already have DX 7a and Adobe viewer- latest version. What else is on there? ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to grockall)
Post #: 4
- 4/21/2000 10:37:00 AM   
rickier65

Paul, This is great news. I'll stop scuring bargain bins for SP3 now. I bought SP1 but never followed up with SP2 or SP3, but from what i've read, I'll look forward to getting back in touch iwth SP. Thanks, I've bookmarked your page and hope I'm able to actually buy a future game as well. Rick
quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: For the record, SP:WaW is not to be reproduced FOR SALE by anyone. There will be 3 versions of the game available on May 8th: One is the game itself, as a single massive install file (~280MB at last check). Its bigger, not smaller - I know. If it is too big, you can wait for the Magazine CD's to come out. That is why we made the deal - so those without broadband access or several free overnites can get the game! We would rather spend the time working last minute fixes than trying to rework it to run reliably without all the sound and video files. One is a somewhat larger file (~370MB) that contains not just the game but all the associated things that one needs to run it. (like the Directx7 installation, Adobe acrobat viewer and some other stuff). Essentially, this is everything that would have gone on a CD had we been able to sell one. The third is a set of 3 files <100MB that WINZIP will put back together to form the 280MB file above. For folks that want to DL it to Zip disks, then copy the zip contents to their HD's and create the main install file. None of these versions will require anything else to play - ie no SP disk of any flavor. Just install and away you go.

(in reply to grockall)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Download with sound files or without Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI