Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Update on the next WitE update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Update on the next WitE update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/15/2013 1:07:40 PM   
Flaviusx

Did you replace the commanders involved? I think you want to put in somebody decent in 18th Army and whatever other HQs are involved to make this fly. A high mech leader.

The whole thing is still dumb, though. We're just going down the rabbit hole of iterations of how to counter the super Lvov.

Cutting the Gordian knot is best.

< Message edited by Flaviusx -- 8/15/2013 1:11:10 PM >

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 31
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/15/2013 1:19:27 PM   
timmyab

Zhukov no less.I'm coming to the conclusion that he's not patched up to date.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 32
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/15/2013 5:06:07 PM   
Gabriel B.

Imho there is a simple solution to the uber lvov thing.

simply agree with your opponent not to divert mechanised forces south .
the small lvov losses are tolerable on the long run .

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 33
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/15/2013 5:40:22 PM   
Gabriel B.

True, but that is not why your attacks failed .

70 on the romanian side means they were not soften up at all .

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 34
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/16/2013 4:42:52 PM   
hfarrish

I'm in the Marquo / Flav camp. Game is just not worth the time investment right now, particularly as a Soviet player. I appreciate the devs efforts to keep it in a decent state and will absolutely try future products, but so long as the Soviets can get rolled in '41 by the insane T1 + flying gas can approach with someone who knows what they are doing, you are just setting yourself up.

(in reply to Gabriel B.)
Post #: 35
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/16/2013 4:52:57 PM   
fbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: hfarrish
I'm in the Marquo / Flav camp. Game is just not worth the time investment right now, particularly as a Soviet player.

Hey, I'm having a good time as soviet player vs. AI. I roleplay it and don't do anything that involves upfront knowledge of future events (like running away like a rabbit just because I know I won't be shot in the head for doing that).

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 36
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/16/2013 5:11:27 PM   
hfarrish

Fair point - I've never really played against the AI but probably should give it a shot. Have heard it actually is pretty fun these days.

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 37
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/17/2013 6:43:26 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

This has probably been asked before in a different thread so I apologize in advance.

Once the patch is released and I install it will I be able to continue my old games?

Thanks in advance!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 38
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/17/2013 6:49:13 PM   
Walloc

Yes, apart from any possible data changes and ofc rules cant have an effect retroactivly. The only case where it hasnt been true was with the 1.07 pacth where the save structure was altered to minimize possible cheating IIRC.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/18/2013 12:44:54 AM >

(in reply to Bozo_the_Clown)
Post #: 39
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/18/2013 12:43:26 AM   
carlkay58

Also note that if you continue with a saved game from an older version, any OB and data changes will not happen until you start a new game.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 40
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/21/2013 1:43:45 PM   
rmonical

I'm still tied down by my job change but do have a couple of thoughts to contribute.

re: LVOV gambit. Is there any evidence the Germans need the turn 1 supermove south of, say the Axis Allied limit line to achieve historical results?
Would forcing Romanian neutrality for the historical period change the attractiveness of this gambit?

re: AGC achieving historical results with a much smaller than historical force. This continues to bug me.

In the baroque fix department: have the turn one movement cost bonus for a hex be be a random amount with the chance of paying full cost increasing with distance moved.

Adding a variable movement cost feature might be an interesting addition to the the version after WITE II that would help address some of the remaining time/space issues. I think the friendly/enemy hex idea was an inspiration that helps a lot. Since most of us have ridiculous computing power and memory, a system that calculates the movement cost to enter the next hex based various factors, including instantaneous fatigue, recent combat in the area, and adjacent enemy strength and then adds a small random element would introduce variability into the first turn perfect plans. In addition, it could be another knob to de-tune what I perceive to be some remarkable German motorized movement capabilities come autumn. It would also encourage the Soviets to leave some strength forward to force higher movement costs.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 41
RE: Update on the next WitE update - 8/21/2013 1:56:07 PM   
Griefhead

Historically, GER bit off more than they could chew and started too late.  Have the first number of turns be 2 per week giving the effect of starting earlier and give a substancial CV modifier for "Frontal Integrity" based on an equation of unit distance.  If you go for the South, Moscow and Leningrad you are going to lose.  If you keep fronts close and go for one objective you may be able to take a second and win.  Something like that.  Of course the 500 miles per week rules have to go.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Update on the next WitE update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI