Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Site & Forum Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> RE: Site & Forum Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 10/22/2019 5:36:06 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: craigck

Well, I for one am tired of all the garbage games in the world. Matrix and Slitherine have some good releases, but it very hard to find something I would even like to buy and play.

I ask Matrix and Slitherine to press harder to insure Quality is being placed in computer programming. To demand more from the game developers. That sale to Matrix and Slitherine, and the games you intend to sell to us the consumer.

For myself, I request that Strategy games be designed better. I prefer Army/Country management with fine details. For example, army building and country/city building that have historical accuracy with some minor options that may vary with user options. Much more entertaining conquest of world domination and battle sequences. Highly detailed country management with the economy , infrastructure , defenses , etc. Armies that gain experience and have a history during the games progression allowing veteran units more power. Most of all Game mechanics that are very smooth, operational, entertaining, and user friendly.

I was told by some other game developers that they would not even consider changing the FOW (Fog of War) to optional. If programmers think like this with no right for the buyer then they should try a new profession! This should not be the case! First the consumer owns the game they buy, not the programmer, and the consumer needs to be able to enjoy their purchase.I have been contacting many companies in gaming. I will try to be more vigilant in sending feedback out and get some results that I believe others and I want.

Please for the love of Strategy Gaming, Get with all of the Game Developers and ask they put quality into their work. Because, I will not buy bad releases usually.

Sincerely, A Concerned Strategy Gamer

? are you indicating you like shooters? You say some games are okay at Matrix. But I have to say your comments are hard for me to get behind. Too much generalization for me. You have a view, I'd like You to be more specific in naming some titles as an example.

< Message edited by Zap -- 10/22/2019 7:08:01 PM >

(in reply to craigck)
Post #: 31
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 10/23/2019 9:26:00 PM   
Twotribes

Something wrong with site can't get to forums.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 32
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/17/2019 5:33:17 AM   
taylortony429

NIce site i can see

(in reply to craigck)
Post #: 33
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 8/20/2020 11:49:48 AM   
FOARP

Posted this elsewhere but got no feedback so I'm posting it here:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently the maximum size of file you're allowed to upload on the Strategic Command WW1 AAR forums is 200Kb which is ridiculously small if you want to post pictures as part of your AAR. I end up cropping the picture and then downing the image quality until it is hard to pick out details just to get things uploaded.

For whatever reasons the SC:WIE AAR forums have a 5,000Kb limit which is way more than enough. The result is that people are taking to just posting their AARs for other SC games there, because, well, who wants to deal with that 200Kb limit if they don't have to?

Yeah, I know I could try hosting the pictures on a third-party site but I've been bitten a few times by that (most recently by Photobucket).

Please consider upping the size-limit on file-uploads for the SC:WW1 and SC:WAW forums. If you can do it for SC:WIE then you can do it for the other SC forums - not doing it doesn't save band-width if everyone then just posts their stuff at WIE.

Sorry to sound peeved about this but I just found out that the size-limit is 5,000Kb for the WIE forum so there is no real excuse for the 200Kb limit on the SC:WW1 forum, and all that effort to get pictures small enough to fit on the SC:WW1 forum was basically just pointless.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I apologise for being peeved about this, but it would be great if the 200Kb cap on uploaded pictures could be lifted, at least on the SC:WW1 and SC:WAW forums. I understand bandwidth is limited but at present people are just posting stuff SC:WW1/SC:WAW stuff on the SC:WIE forum where the limit is 5000Kb.

EDIT: This has now been fixed. Many thanks to the Web admins and VPualus for helping out raising this limit.

< Message edited by FOARP -- 9/9/2020 4:00:03 PM >

(in reply to taylortony429)
Post #: 34
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/23/2020 9:11:39 AM   
stonie

I was trying to find a sub forum to perform tests and experiments in before posting in its proper place. Many forums have a "experimental" section to try stuff.

(in reply to craigck)
Post #: 35
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/8/2020 9:12:48 PM   
Protonic2020

quote:

ORIGINAL: craigck
Well, I for one am tired of all the garbage games in the world. Matrix and Slitherine have some good releases, but it very hard to find something I would even like to buy and play.

I ask Matrix and Slitherine to press harder to insure Quality is being placed in computer programming. To demand more from the game developers. That sale to Matrix and Slitherine, and the games you intend to sell to us the consumer.

For myself, I request that Strategy games be designed better. I prefer Army/Country management with fine details. For example, army building and country/city building that have historical accuracy with some minor options that may vary with user options. Much more entertaining conquest of world domination and battle sequences. Highly detailed country management with the economy , infrastructure , defenses , etc. Armies that gain experience and have a history during the games progression allowing veteran units more power. Most of all Game mechanics that are very smooth, operational, entertaining, and user friendly.

I was told by some other game developers that they would not even consider changing the FOW (Fog of War) to optional. If programmers think like this with no right for the buyer then they should try a new profession! This should not be the case! First the consumer owns the game they buy, not the programmer, and the consumer needs to be able to enjoy their purchase.I have been contacting many companies in gaming. I will try to be more vigilant in sending feedback out and get some results that I believe others and I want.

Please for the love of Strategy Gaming, Get with all of the Game Developers and ask they put quality into their work. Because, I will not buy bad releases usually.

Sincerely, A Concerned Strategy Gamer

Very important comment since it´s about income and jobs right? I´m an avid gamer myself since a long time ago. And i would say that if i by any chance, and theoretically now only of course, had the chance to at any point of game development be involved i would put in all i had into that. If only being a gametester of beta\alpha productions i would do my best.

Matrixgames and Slitherine and their input and effort with their products i can´t and won´t comment here generally, but specifically about a game and in detail i can do that in the forum in the form of constructive criticism and point out where i think specific game changes would be a welcome change.
Overall i want to say that i agree and second what you said there and i personally can go from a loyal customer to a former customer for too many reasons that i possibly can mention here without becoming too long and make a brick of a text comment for anyone to read.

It´s all about dedication, programming skills, ideas and the total feel you as a customer get from the game, community and support of it and that´s easily abandoned by any gamer anyway i would say if a number of certain conditions are met.
After all it´s just games for entertainment for the gamer while it´s business for the game developers, equilibrium between the two is preferred and the ultimate situation.

P.S
Someone considering the forum and what can be done to make it more appealing and alive i would say is the first priority.
IF i may be so bold now and come with one suggestion.

< Message edited by Protonic2020 -- 12/8/2020 9:29:07 PM >

Think for yourself and never let others do it for you

(in reply to craigck)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> RE: Site & Forum Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI