Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MULTIPLAYER

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: MULTIPLAYER Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 6/10/2014 2:16:58 AM   
Symple

Have been watching your posts and enjoying your discussion.
MP play is really nice. And challenging.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 61
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 6/10/2014 5:24:07 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symple

Have been watching your posts and enjoying your discussion.
MP play is really nice. And challenging.

Hi,

Have 4 MP matches active today, all of us understand the 1.50 patch is coming out soon and will end our matches to get a grip on what's in store with whatever craziness is around the corner. I'm up against some good players, guys that have really surprised me with their ingenuity. Makes me think twice and often 3 times on what to do next. Started a new match today with someone I call the Polish Fox, Rommel has nothing on this guy, he's real cute and deadly in his game play. Symple, if you want to jump in a game/match till the new patch releases, send me a pm so that we can set up a MP game. Been deleting old games to make the MP List shorter and less cluttered, for no doubt there will be plenty of Challenges being posted soon.

Good luck, Bob (operating)

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 62
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 1/7/2015 3:13:36 PM   
operating

So far in 1.60 beta MP matches there have been "NO" CTDs to date of 45 turns (out of the current 6 active matches I have). In previous versions MP matches; they were lucky to break 20 turns, it was a real game killer to have constant CTDs. If this recent version continues to be CTD free, I expect to see more MP matches and a "Happy" SP player as well. I just pray that the game does not have a permanently damaged reputation of stability, once the new official 1.60 patch is released. To me: This game is still the best in MP, for it's not overly statistical and has relatively ease of understanding and play.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 63
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 1/10/2015 12:30:56 AM   
Symple

quote:

Symple, if you want to jump in a game/match till the new patch releases, send me a pm so that we can set up a MP game.

Hi Bob (operating), not ignoring you, just fatigued with Commander: The Great War. I do think it is an excellent MP game. Give me some time.
Symple

< Message edited by Symple -- 1/10/2015 1:31:22 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 64
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 1/10/2015 2:01:47 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symple

quote:

Symple, if you want to jump in a game/match till the new patch releases, send me a pm so that we can set up a MP game.

Hi Bob (operating), not ignoring you, just fatigued with Commander: The Great War. I do think it is an excellent MP game. Give me some time.
Symple

Hello Symple!

I hear ya! I put down using CTGW for quite awhile, it was getting too frustrating to deal with the MP & SP CTDs. After getting into MP, SP did not cut it anymore to keep my interest to where it should have been, "like when first started getting into the game". Waited for 1.60 beta to come out, now I am glad I did, it put a breath of fresh air back into CTGW. As you know I got EAW, but having a hard time getting a feel for that game, read your posts there to see what's in the wind, even go over to the Ageod site to see what's posted, I'm no where near ready to even think about going MP there, as far as I am concerned: there are just too many moving parts to put together for the time being.

Keeping an eye out for ya, Bob

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 65
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 1/17/2015 12:52:13 PM   
operating

A few days ago started a new MP match with a veteran CEAW player (Entente), after giving him a little shock and awe he has recovered nicely and sunk both of my Dreadnaught fleets (that was bad enough, he also sank 2 sub fleets too boot), which surprised me to where my commander's hat shrank a couple of sizes. What I like to see is: Where members overcome their inhibitions playing CTGW in MP 1.60 beta, where they loosen up and get a feel for the game and actually enjoy it. For if they don't win this time, they know they have a better shot at winning next time with the experience they are getting now. All in all it's been a fun game..

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 66
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 4/18/2015 1:17:29 PM   
operating

Finally updated to 1.62 and have already engaged in several MP matches, all of which have been stable and very similar in game setup as 1.60 beta. Noticed that desert hexes have no entrenchment value (same as dunes), which I have to say I don't agree with, more on that later. Have hooked up with a couple of old adversaries from Poland and France, both have in game staying power (win/lose/draw). As for my new opponents: Some have had excellent strategies and tactics, while some others struggle. I hate to see that those who struggle quit, even though they get a bloody nose does not mean the war is over, if they want to be a better MP player, stick with a match and learn. I can not emphasize enough that the first few MP matches have a lot to do with a learning curve versus a lay down SP game. This comes from experience, once again I lost several matches before winning my first MP match, I never quit any of those matches (although some stopped because irreversible CTDs in earlier versions), and fought them to the bitter end. What that did is: Built my resolve to be a better player, not the best, but a better player. CTGW really is a fun game to play, when you get right down to it, there is so much to take in and without a huge amount of commitment to one's time.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 67
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 4/19/2015 5:15:01 AM   
Jagdtiger14

This gaming community should have an annual ladder tournament to keep interest, and exposure. I'm seriously considering buying the game...I hope I can find opponents to play against.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 68
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 4/19/2015 8:15:52 AM   
operating

Everyday there has been one or more challenges presented in the MP lobby by any number of members (noticed this since going 1.62). Every time I post or rather "host" challenges (often one Entente and one CP at the same time) within a matter of hours someone takes up the challenges. Currently I have 9 MP matches going on at the same time. Have had a number of matches that did not last long for various reasons, however that is par of the course. The farther a player get's into a match, the more intriguing it get's. Have seen some outstanding strategy and tactics that both surprise me and kick my ass to this day, that's what is great about the game: There is always something to learn.....

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 69
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 4/21/2015 12:30:06 AM   
scout1

dumb question in case this has already been asked ...... Is MP truly a multiple player per side, or is this 1 on 1 using their server ?

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 70
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 4/21/2015 2:36:42 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

dumb question in case this has already been asked ...... Is MP truly a multiple player per side, or is this 1 on 1 using their server ?

Legitimate question: It's head to head, more than one is considered MP (multi player) versus SP (single player). There have been posts concerning additional players, an educated guess; would not be in the cards anytime soon.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 71
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 5/21/2015 4:05:55 PM   
operating

So far in 1.64 MP what v.Manstein (Matrix Games Staff) says holds true: Downloading patch does not effect active MP matches.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 72
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 6/29/2015 7:08:13 PM   
operating

Kirk, Johnny Bravo, LZ,

Can only see my matches in the MP lobby, cannot see new challenges or other matches or associated names. Also cannot host new matches. What's up?

Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 73
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 6/30/2015 2:42:31 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Kirk, Johnny Bravo, LZ,

Can only see my matches in the MP lobby, cannot see new challenges or other matches or associated names. Also cannot host new matches. What's up?

Bob

It appears the problem has been fixed, plus the powers to be did some housecleaning by getting rid of some old or abandoned MP matches (justly so). There has been tremendous activity in the MP lobby the past months, there is no shortage of members who want to compete. There are 8 open challenges "Right now" for anybody who is interested in MP, or who would like to give MP a try, or to just to find out what CTGW MP is like. To tell the truth, it beats playing against the AI, you won't be bored!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 74
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 6/30/2015 3:10:56 PM   
VPaulus

The issue is now fixed. :)
Sorry for all the inconvenience.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 75
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 8/20/2015 12:25:40 PM   
Rongor

Is there any case known of a Central Powers human player defeating the Entente in MP?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 76
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 8/20/2015 9:37:18 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rongor

Is there any case known of a Central Powers human player defeating the Entente in MP?

Hi Rongor,

Check out the AARs, I know that I have posted a couple of CP wins there (Laurentl vs operating) in particular went right down to the wire. Many times a CP win comes down to skill levels, especially since 1.64 came to be. No doubt about it! Take out Serbia as soon as possible before Italy enters and just keep banging away at Russia to force a surrender before the Feb. Russian Revolution (if possible).

Bob

(in reply to Rongor)
Post #: 77
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 10/3/2015 6:29:03 PM   
operating

Is anybody else getting this picture when trying to enter the MP lobby?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 78
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 10/3/2015 6:32:20 PM   
operating

Ok, just figured out what is happening: Slitherine is down....
quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Is anybody else getting this picture when trying to enter the MP lobby?

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 79
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 10/17/2015 11:35:31 AM   
prurpnit

Are you going to cmplete our game? You haven't moved fir weeks/months!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 80
RE: MULTIPLAYER - 10/17/2015 7:22:54 PM   
operating

quote:

prurpnit
Matrix Recruit

Perhaps you should have put your above post here, instead of another thread.

(in reply to prurpnit)
Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: MULTIPLAYER Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI