Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd Error Message

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Odd Error Message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd Error Message - 9/21/2013 6:07:04 PM   
Chet Guiles

Playing either in a simple scenario (Bull Run)or in a full Civil War Scenario I am encountering a message after pressing the "Next Turn" Arrow that says in effect "One or more non-AI player has not submitted his turn." Then gives me an option to revert that "player" to the AI or not. If I do, the game continues normally and all the events I ordered take place. If not, nothing happens and if I try to end the turn, I have the same choice over again. Very strange. Happens every turn, btw.

Since I am playing solo there is no "other non-AI player". What am I doing wrong? I have looked over all the game options and can't find anything that pertains. I can't think it's a system thing because it's obvious scripted into the game itself.

Thanks in advance. I know it's early times yet, but hoping someone will have a suggestion.

Post #: 1
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/21/2013 6:14:32 PM   
Pocus

This happens when the opponent starts as a player and then is reverted to the AI. it can happen if you start a game without an AI, then activates it on a subsequent turn also. Normally, if you accept the proposal (of the AI taking over the turn), then you should be good.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Chet Guiles)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/21/2013 11:40:42 PM   
Chet Guiles

I have tried every combination I can of starting with AI turned on and off, then selecting or not selecting a side to play (the game chooses the Union by default if the player does not choose a side). In every case this phenomenon happens where the game tells me one or more non-AI players hasn't done his turn. Frustrating.

One other oddity. Maybe a bug. There is a small gray (3/4" x 1 1/2"-ish) window with bright red text about 3/4 of the way up the left side of the screen at the very left edge that shows mouse cursor information that doesn't seem relevant to the game. It usually hides an icon of the primary general so is a nuisance.

< Message edited by Chet Guiles -- 9/22/2013 1:24:43 AM >

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/22/2013 11:46:36 AM   
Pocus

Ok, you better start up clean then, because I can promise you it works for others players: install the game another time, don't touch any settings if you are not totally sure you should. The red box won't appear (it seems you activated the debug mode) and the AI should work correctly.

AGEOD Team

Post #: 4
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/22/2013 11:57:01 PM   
Chet Guiles

Getting VERY frustrating. I did a clean start after uninstalling the program. When I start, the game seems to be running OK until my first combat, during which it freezes and gives me a crash notice that I need to run in admin mode. BUT I AM RUNNING IN ADMIN MODE. See attached

I have now reloaded three times. This time I did not have the little box with red type that you said was debug mode, nor did I have the nasty message telling me one non-AI player hadn't finished their turn. But this is worse because it totally crashes the game.

Should I be trying to get my money back? Poor option because I have been totally waiting for this game.

Sorry about the frustration, but this is taking hours to play with with no results...

I am out of good ideas.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chet Guiles -- 9/22/2013 11:59:53 PM >

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 5
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/23/2013 10:27:17 AM   
VPaulus

Concerning that error, please try following the developers suggestions in this thread:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32219-Crash-to-Desktop&highlight=Profiler.dlog%3A

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 9/23/2013 10:29:12 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/24/2013 1:38:10 PM   
Pocus

As Von Paulus says. If you are unsure about the exact file manipulation, you can reach me at pocus@ageod.net

And sorry for the frustration!

AGEOD Team

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 7
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/26/2013 12:30:41 AM   
Chet Guiles

I believe the situation is resolved. I eliminated the UserPath.ini file and adjusted the LogBatch to 1000 as suggested and the game seems to be working fine now with neither of the oddball crashes I experienced. I'm surprised that an empty file like UserPath.ini would cause a crash since it does not direct the game to any specific path. There must still be some incompatibility between Vista and CW2 or else that shouldn't have mattered.

Anyway, thanks. Am now trying to master the game instead of the program files.

Chet

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 8
RE: Odd Error Message - 9/26/2013 1:37:26 PM   
Pocus

Hi again,

the problem is not that the file is empty or not in fact

It seems that some computers just don't like we write each and every line of log as soon as possible

AGEOD Team

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Odd Error Message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI