Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fix needed for old guy....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Fix needed for old guy.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/21/2013 7:08:28 PM   
Rucker1959

I run Windows 7 and I use the Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display tab to "make it easier to read what's on your screen". To be brief, I have vision issues and so I put this setting at Larger - 150%. This has the effect of making the icons and text larger in Windows.

Civil War II works this way and I get a larger display of a smaller area of the map (exactly what I want). But it doesn't force the Windows task bar into the background. So I can't see the bottom of the CWII display. And if I make the Windows task bar hide itself, I can't scroll south in the game -- because it brings up the Windows task bar.

Help! :)

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/22/2013 1:48:09 AM   
sanch

Did you try using the Civil War II 'Configure Settings' Utility to select 'fullscreen'? It might help.

(in reply to Rucker1959)
Post #: 2
RE: Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/22/2013 2:55:31 AM   
Rucker1959

Yup. I've tried every combination in the systems settings. :)

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 3
RE: Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/22/2013 3:12:32 AM   
RJinVA_slith

Maybe this old guy can help out another old guy....

Usually, the task bar closes itself unless there is another 'item' in it waiting for you to acknowledge it. Try checking the task bar itself to see if something is open. An open internet window might do it, as would a system message of some kind. Sometimes merely clicking on the main screen closes it.

As a stopgap, you can move the taskbar to the right of the screen (it doesn't have to be at the bottom). It's easy to do. I use it that way myself. That might help somewhat.

Also, try Windows Magnifier. It's part of Windows 7. Just hit the Windows key with the "+" to bring it up (as a hotkey). Play with it a little to find the settings that you like best. You may find that helpful to you as well.

Hope this helps.

RJinVA

(in reply to Rucker1959)
Post #: 4
RE: Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/22/2013 2:00:07 PM   
Rucker1959

Thanks, but that's not it. :) The taskbar works fine with CW2, except when I bump the Windows settings to 150%. It's not a function of something in the taskbar. :) Thanks for the tip on the magnifier, had no idea there was a hotkey for it.

Thanks again.

(in reply to RJinVA_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Fix needed for old guy.... - 9/22/2013 5:25:03 PM   
RJinVA_slith

You're welcome!

I think I've duplicated the problem on my machine. It seems the Windows Taskbar remains 'active' (whatever edge you place it on) at this text size; but I can still get the Taskbar minimized easily by using Auto Hide. The active (but minimized) Taskbar will still prevent cursor-scrolling along its edge of the screen, but you can still scroll manually in that direction. And you can click on the game icons without problems.

To use Auto Hide, simply right click on the Taskbar to pull up its menu, then select Properties. Check the Auto Hide checkbox in the Properties dialog, Apply the changes, and your good to go.

If this doesn't work, then I'm at a loss in how to help.

Windows Magnifier has a number of hotkeys, for example, you can reduce the magnification using Windows + "-".

Take care and enjoy the game!

RJinVA

(in reply to Rucker1959)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Fix needed for old guy.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI