Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: First Impressions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: First Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 12:52:46 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: BROJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Since my f6 wasn't working, are you able to use the subunit inspector to get info on spotted enemy units? no matter how close the enemy was all it would say on the mouse over is tanks, not what kind and since i'm not a modern warfare guy i'd like to be able to get some info on equipment i'm going against.

I don't think so -- which is on my "wish list" that I hope the designers fix. I would really like to be able to know what unit my guys are seeing without having to recognize the silhouette, go into the subunit info memo, click to switch sides, then use the cumbersome slider to find it.

One thing, with the Fog of War settings, I don't think that the counters you see necessarily represent the number and type of systems there -- but even taking that into account, it would be nice to quickly reference the info about the system my guys at least think/report that they're seeing.

I don't see that happening if you are playing with full Fog of War (FOW).

If you're not using FOW, I believe you should be able to see and identify them now.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to trebcourie)
Post #: 91
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 1:15:20 AM   
trebcourie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: BROJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Since my f6 wasn't working, are you able to use the subunit inspector to get info on spotted enemy units? no matter how close the enemy was all it would say on the mouse over is tanks, not what kind and since i'm not a modern warfare guy i'd like to be able to get some info on equipment i'm going against.

I don't think so -- which is on my "wish list" that I hope the designers fix. I would really like to be able to know what unit my guys are seeing without having to recognize the silhouette, go into the subunit info memo, click to switch sides, then use the cumbersome slider to find it.

One thing, with the Fog of War settings, I don't think that the counters you see necessarily represent the number and type of systems there -- but even taking that into account, it would be nice to quickly reference the info about the system my guys at least think/report that they're seeing.

I don't see that happening if you are playing with full Fog of War (FOW).

If you're not using FOW, I believe you should be able to see and identify them now.

Good Hunting.

MR

Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm playing full FOW. I see silhouettes with numbers for the Red Army units. The only information I can get from what I see on the counter: the silhouette (type), the number of runners (which is likely wrong), the type of unit, its facing, and whether its sighted, correct?

If I hover the cursor over the unit I may get additional info like this for the remnants of a motorized rifle company: "4 APC,5 INF, 3 AD." I can't click on the enemy unit.

But I want to be able to click on the enemy unit and get to the (F6) subunit inspector. Not to find out the specifics of the unit I'm facing, but to see the technical details of the platforms and systems I face. Like I said, even if my guys aren't correctly IDing what they see, I still want to get to the Subunit Inspector.

Otherwise, how do I discover what max range and firepower of a tank I'm facing without a bunch of clicks?

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 92
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 1:17:03 AM   
budd

I am using fog of war, but depending on how close the enemy is and my recon ability shouldn't i be able to get some intel on what i'm facing. Wouldn't the sides have the book so to speak on each other? So is the" allow browsing of spotted enemy units setting " kind of more realistic? or will it ruin my FOW, and will the units icons disappear off the map when LOS is lost?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 93
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 1:31:40 AM   
budd

Here's what i'm talking about, i'm playing nato and i have the "show what enemies this unit can see" overlay on and the los numbers on, under the red tank unit is 72 this is all the info i get- 9 tanks
would i get more info if the los number were higher? I'll try to find an example with units side by side.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by **budd** -- 10/16/2013 1:34:05 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 94
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 1:48:06 AM   
trebcourie

Budd -- on your example there, all I want to be able to do is click on the enemy unit and bring up the F6 menu on Soviet tanks. It doesn't even have to be the right one.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 95
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 2:23:14 AM   
budd

i get what your saying and i think you should be able to pull up the f6 on the enemy under certain spotting conditions, you just want to be able to click once and open the book on the enemy without switching to one side and going thru it. In the above example shouldn't i see more info than just tanks? I'm a WW2 guy so im just looking to be educated here.

(in reply to trebcourie)
Post #: 96
RE: First Impressions - 10/16/2013 3:25:56 AM   
CapnDarwin

Guys, we added an action on our wish list to improve the information seen in the hints as the spotting level improves. So at the "best" level it would say 9 x T-72M or similar. The number will still be fuzzy and there is talk of the ID being fuzzy but option has some issues.

As for the SI (Subunit Inspector) it can stay open (or will better in the patch for some folks) and as you click on units you can see what they are. Right now even if it says "Tank" in the hint, the SI will show the correct unit.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: First Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI