Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two different versions of the game on one PC possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Two different versions of the game on one PC possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two different versions of the game on one PC possible? - 10/11/2013 5:19:54 PM   
HannoMeier

Dear all,

does it work to have two different versions of GGWitE installed on one PC?

I started am PBEM campaign with 1.06.06 and we want to continue that PBEM with that version.
Additionally,I bought Last Battles with version 1.70.08 and want to play those Scenarios, too.

Now I installed the game twice (in different locations on the harddisk) with different versions.
Normally, this should work, but when I now load the V 1.06.06 version to continue with the PBEM, the entry screen says: Version installed 1.70.08, EXE File Version 1.06.06.

Does this work ok, so that I continue with my PBEM in full 1.06.06 mode? Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
Hanno

< Message edited by Hanno Meier -- 10/11/2013 5:22:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Two different versions of the game on one PC possible? - 10/11/2013 5:26:14 PM   
Denniss

"Version installed" string is read out from the registry and is the last version you installed anywhere on your computer. "EXE file version" shows the actual version number of the game you currently play and is directly taken from the game executable.

(in reply to HannoMeier)
Post #: 2
RE: Two different versions of the game on one PC possible? - 10/12/2013 10:43:36 AM   
HannoMeier

Thank you,

then I could now continue my PBEM without fear of unforeseen complications.

Regards,
Hanno

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Two different versions of the game on one PC possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI