Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 11/2/2013 11:46:06 AM   
kirk23

Operating the mod is not available yet, I'm still in the middle of play testing, I want to get it right before making the download link available.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 11/2/2013 11:47:00 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 31
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 11/17/2013 11:20:06 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:05:14 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 32
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 11/17/2013 3:52:59 PM   
kirk23

The patch is being tested as we speak, all going well patch should be available by end off November fingers crossed!

Make it so!

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 33
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/2/2013 11:05:34 AM   
FOARP

Any updates on this?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 34
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/2/2013 11:21:14 AM   
kirk23

All I can say is that the patch is being play tested as we speak,the designers want to get this as bug free before release, as is possible, which unfortunetly takes time, and a lot of testing.

Make it so!

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 35
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/12/2013 8:43:43 AM   
kirk23

Keeping you guys in the loop,Patch 1.40 beta release close watch this space!

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 12/12/2013 9:48:39 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 36
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/12/2013 10:23:00 AM   
suprass81

with fingers crossed :D

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 37
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/12/2013 6:01:08 PM   
kirk23

Beta is looking good, but much more testing needed.

Make it so!

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 38
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/12/2013 6:52:06 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:04:21 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 39
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/12/2013 10:52:07 PM   
Jcowanjr

So is getting the patch out a precondition to the release on Ipad and Mac? I thought that Ipad and Mac release were independent but if they want to patch the PC version and then have Ipad and Mac be the same version, it makes sense to release the PC patch and have it be consistent with the IPad and Mac versions.

So glad this is coming out on Ipad. Even though I've played war games for 30 years now (think Avalon Hill Guns of August for first WW1 game), now I have a family and job and the only way I can play anything for a few minutes depends on the mobility of my Ipad.

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 40
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/19/2013 4:43:30 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Hello Everyone,

We have a new public beta ready for testing. It is available at Matrix:

Commander: The Great War Open Beta Patch v 1.40 is now available:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3501274

Below is a list of changes for this build.
V1.4.0 – December 19, 2013

• Gameplay changes / balancing:
o New land unit Small Garrison added to the game.
o First Russian Revolution date changed from February 1916, to February 1917.
o USA war entry merchant convoy losses reduced.( USA WAR ENTRY NOW MORE LIKELY )
o City name change Southampton renamed Portsmouth.(This was the main British Naval base during WORLD WAR 1)
o Additional Fortresses added to the map include : Metz,Novo-Georgievsk,Arad.
o The following cities have been upgraded to Capitals : Dublin,Helsinki,Algiers,
o The following additional Cities have been added to the map : Brugge,Larissa,Kraljevo,Veliko Tarnovo.
o Added Cuxhaven,Stettin,Tallin,Oran,Toulon,Cattaro,Suez,Port Said,Gaza,Beirut,Aquba,Kuwait ports.
o Significantly increased Port defensive & offensive bonuses.
o French Infantry unit in North Africa based in Algeirs, added to the map.
o Turkey,Serbia,Bulgaria,Romania now have Artillery.
o Disbanding your Countries Battlefleets incurrs a minus 30 morale penalty.
o Ship defense increased, Battleships are now much more damage resistant.
o Russian Battleship now based in Petrograd.
o Cruisers now have bombardment capability.
o All Scenario Fleet sizes increased.
o Battleship, Cruiser build times increased.
o Anti-Submarine technology upgrade effects reduced.( Submarine warfare is now a viable option )
o Submarine Production costs lowered,Build time lowered,Line of sight increased,Attack & Defence increased, meaning they are now a potential war winning weapon.
o Bomber,Artillery effectivness reduced

Various other bug fixes....

(in reply to Jcowanjr)
Post #: 41
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/19/2013 6:10:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Hello Everyone,

We have a new public beta ready for testing. It is available at Matrix:

Commander: The Great War Open Beta Patch v 1.40 is now available:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3501274

Below is a list of changes for this build.
V1.4.0 – December 19, 2013

• Gameplay changes / balancing:
o New land unit Small Garrison added to the game.
o First Russian Revolution date changed from February 1916, to February 1917.
o USA war entry merchant convoy losses reduced.( USA WAR ENTRY NOW MORE LIKELY )
o City name change Southampton renamed Portsmouth.(This was the main British Naval base during WORLD WAR 1)
o Additional Fortresses added to the map include : Metz,Novo-Georgievsk,Arad.
o The following cities have been upgraded to Capitals : Dublin,Helsinki,Algiers,
o The following additional Cities have been added to the map : Brugge,Larissa,Kraljevo,Veliko Tarnovo.
o Added Cuxhaven,Stettin,Tallin,Oran,Toulon,Cattaro,Suez,Port Said,Gaza,Beirut,Aquba,Kuwait ports.
o Significantly increased Port defensive & offensive bonuses.
o French Infantry unit in North Africa based in Algeirs, added to the map.
o Turkey,Serbia,Bulgaria,Romania now have Artillery.
o Disbanding your Countries Battlefleets incurrs a minus 30 morale penalty.
o Ship defense increased, Battleships are now much more damage resistant.
o Russian Battleship now based in Petrograd.
o Cruisers now have bombardment capability.
o All Scenario Fleet sizes increased.
o Battleship, Cruiser build times increased.
o Anti-Submarine technology upgrade effects reduced.( Submarine warfare is now a viable option )
o Submarine Production costs lowered,Build time lowered,Line of sight increased,Attack & Defence increased, meaning they are now a potential war winning weapon.
o Bomber,Artillery effectivness reduced

Various other bug fixes....
warspite1

Can't wait to try this

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 42
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/19/2013 9:25:05 PM   
kirk23

Hi Guys a huge amount of work went into getting this beta ready for testing before xmas enjoy everyone.

Make it so!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/19/2013 10:07:19 PM   
suprass81

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hi Guys a huge amount of work went into getting this beta ready for testing before xmas enjoy everyone.

I can see some of your ideas... :D Checked it with some turns with AI and it's... Awsome :D

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 44
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/19/2013 11:35:52 PM   
kirk23

Glad you like the changes so far,there are a few changes to the game play, and hopefully you will find they are for the better.

Make it so!

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 45
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 6:05:57 AM   
suprass81

quote:

Glad you like the changes so far,there are a few changes to the game play, and hopefully you will find they are for the better.

Changes ar medium at first sight but for me it's allmoust new gameplay. changes in arty are huge! In map also. Even intantry cost is rised... I don't know about PP incom but ifit's not changed it will force to use more garrisons which I like becouse I've allready used them a lot. Finaly Germans zeppelins will fly over Entente cities and I can see that subs are going to fight- that's what I see for now. I hope balance will be better- It must be becouse Russia Revolution is fixed... at last I hope it is. For me it could be a CTGW II :D.
P.S. It's a beta so you could fix two problems- disbanding units still givs bad numbers of PP, MP (I mean they are switched) and I can se with zeppelins which city is occupied- cros over city with unit, mouse point over empty city in FOW- but that's a cosmethic... I will look for more if there are stil hiding.
First look- great work.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 46
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 7:53:14 AM   
IvanGrozni

I think you should make the beta patch public (without the need to register).
It will give you a larger base of players to test it.

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 47
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 10:32:15 AM   
kirk23

Countries Population has risen slightly,plus all major Countries morale has been increased at start of 1914 Campaign.The PP & MP has been calculated to cope with the increased variety of units that are now available at start of game play.The naval game especially the Submarine side of it at least, has been enhanced,sorry to say but the Naval AI still needs a lot of work to fix its decision making, because at the present time its illogical.

Make it so!

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 48
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 11:56:31 AM   
suprass81

quote:

Countries Population has risen slightly,plus all major Countries morale has been increased at start of 1914 Campaign.The PP & MP has been calculated to cope with the increased variety of units that are now available at start of game play.The naval game especially the Submarine side of it at least, has been enhanced,sorry to say but the Naval AI still needs a lot of work to fix its decision making, because at the present time its illogical.

You mean that disbanding units work good?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 49
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 12:08:32 PM   
catwhoorg

quote:

The German High seas Fleet did sail into the channel (and destruction) for me.
Surrounded and destroyed them in detail.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 50
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 1:35:34 PM   
kirk23

Yes the naval AI has the survival instincts of the dodo, I will be looking to fix that as soon as possible.

Early war all the High Seas Fleet should be doing is protecting the Baltic convoy from Russian attacks. Just leave it to the Cruisers & Submarines to go after the British convoy trade routes.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 12/20/2013 2:39:05 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 51
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 1:41:47 PM   
kirk23

No there are know glitches regarding disbanding units, I'm also looking to see what can be done about,returning build costs,manpower back to a Nation if you decide to cancel a build from the production que.Plus I would like to see if an undo last move option can be implemented soon.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 12/20/2013 2:48:37 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 52
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/20/2013 2:45:08 PM   
kirk23

New Small Garrison in game info description.

smallgarrison_info = Small Garrison are Static defense units, used to occupy cities behind the front lines.They represent your Countries older population, who are considered to old for front line duties.They can hold such positions against attacks until reinforcements arrive to bolster your defense.

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 53
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/21/2013 12:21:07 PM   
kirk23

Hello folks, if you can drag yourselves away from the game for moment, can you post reaction's to the new patch please, I'm very interested to hear your thought's, and tweak the patch some more if needed, before the game goes to official release.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 12/21/2013 1:23:19 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 54
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/21/2013 1:16:18 PM   
warspite1

Sadly I can't get to play the game at the moment as there seems to be something wrong with the server??

[Very] initial impressions are that the two garrison types need to be separately identifiable - bit annoying to look exactly the same.

There are lots of units so at very least this is like a new game to learn. Serbia and France look like tougher nuts to crack now.

Hope your ship art gets to make an appearance in due course!

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 55
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/21/2013 1:27:14 PM   
kirk23

New Graphic for Nato Symbol Small Garrison has been done,still awaiting official yes or no on that,plus unfortunately I'm unable to show a screen shot, because the keyboard hot key print Screen is not working at the moment.

New Nato Graphic for Small Garrison unit, has been given the green light, so I have made available a download link for anyone wanting the file, Just add to your Graphics Unit Datafile.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23930241/New+Small+Garrison+Nato+Symbols.zip

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 12/21/2013 3:38:03 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 56
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/21/2013 9:15:41 PM   
suprass81

quote:

Hello folks, if you can drag yourselves away from the game for moment, can you post reaction's to the new patch please, I'm very interested to hear your thought's, and tweak the patch some more if needed, before the game goes to official release.

After couple of MP turns it looks like different game I've played... but in a good meaning. Thera is more arty but with less power- for first look it feels good, more units which is very interesting and for the first time there is a chance for a great naval battles. Last tur I saw that there is use for an armoured cars with new stats...
The game for the first look doesn't loos of it's "climate" wchih is very important for me.
P.S. for every one that are thinking about trying this patch.... there is a lot of things fixed that were missing in 1.30 like incrised armour cars scout range, fighters scout and attack range...

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 57
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/22/2013 10:24:22 AM   
kirk23

Hi Suprass81 the Artillery in the 1.30 patch was to powerful as your correctly noted in the 1.40 patch I toned there effects down a little, Bombers were also much to powerful, so they got the same treatment as the Artillery units,Armoured cars & Armoured trains are now more useful, it was the Submarine warfare that needed to be more effective, so that gamer's would be happier to build more, and that the naval game would be much more interesting, sorry to say but I'm biased towards the naval game, but I have to say the game needed more naval action.

Make it so!

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 58
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/22/2013 2:21:43 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

Hi Suprass81 the Artillery in the 1.30 patch was to powerful as your correctly noted in the 1.40 patch I toned there effects down a little, Bombers were also much to powerful, so they got the same treatment as the Artillery units,Armoured cars & Armoured trains are now more useful, it was the Submarine warfare that needed to be more effective, so that gamer's would be happier to build more, and that the naval game would be much more interesting, sorry to say but I'm biased towards the naval game, but I have to say the game needed more naval action.

A very worthy bias too, Kirk; your ship artwork,which you posted earlier, is terrific.

Richard

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 59
RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. - 12/22/2013 4:45:42 PM   
bob.

It's great that you are interested in the naval side of the game because like you I find it rather lacking. The new patch certainly makes it better, though.
I have only just started a new game with the patch as Central Powers against balanced AI and I will tell you what I think of the changes when I have finished it.

First impression: much better! I was happy to see there's finally garrisons defending the Russian border and the small garrisons defending the rear areas are a grea addition as well.
Submarines seem quite cheap now with 20 points? Can one cruiser defeat two submarines? If not, I hope that submarines won't be the only thing you need for naval supremacy now?

EDIT: by the way, I didn't read it in the changelog (although of course it mentions "various bug fixes") so I am asking just to make sure: are commanders fixed now?

< Message edited by bob. -- 12/22/2013 5:50:08 PM >

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: UPDATE ON NEW PATCH. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI