Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Updated DB image packs are available! Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 10/3/2020 1:42:53 PM   
Dimitris

Updated image and description packs are now available on the WS downloads page!

quote:

"Descriptions" -This contains the entire description set for the CWDB and DB3000 databases updated to 01 October 2020. It is broken up into the CWDB folder (4.36 MB, 910 files) and the DB3000 folder (15 MB, 3210 files). Although only 70 additional description files have been added, several earlier description files have been corrected and/or had additional information added or otherwise revised.

"Images"-This contains the entire primary images set for the CWDB and DB3K database updated to 01 October 2020. It contains a CWDB folder of primary images (1.13 Gb, 5,783 files, an increase of 462 images) a DB3000 folder of primary images (2.19 GB, 11,266 files, an increase of 77 images). In addition, there have been numerous images that have been either corrected, or tags added. All told, over 1500 image files were added, modified, or replaced. I have not included any secondary images in this update.

The images can also be downloaded on-demand from within CMO (no manual action needed). If you wish to re-download images that you have already got (e.g. to update), delete all files in these folders:
[CMO]\DB\Images\DB3000
[CMO]\DB\Images\CWDB

The updated description files will be included in the next update release.

Big props for this new release to CV60 (overall coordinator), kgambit and Boogabooga.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 661
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 10/3/2020 2:35:08 PM   
Parel803

nice, thx

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 662
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 10/3/2020 2:39:59 PM   
guanotwozero

Cool, thx.

(in reply to Parel803)
Post #: 663
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 10/4/2020 5:06:27 PM   
thewood1

I am building a scenario with Israel's new Saar 6 corvettes. Put together an image and description. Free to anyone them wants them. The description has sources for both image and description.

btw, the files are already aligned to the naming convention for DB3K. Just drop them into the "Image" and "Description" folders.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 10/4/2020 5:28:16 PM >

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 664
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 10/5/2020 1:47:39 AM   
CV60

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I am building a scenario with Israel's new Saar 6 corvettes. Put together an image and description. Free to anyone them wants them. The description has sources for both image and description.

btw, the files are already aligned to the naming convention for DB3K. Just drop them into the "Image" and "Description" folders.

quote:

Thanks-We'll use those in the next DB release.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 665
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/3/2020 11:43:10 PM   
Battelman2

Looks like Weapon #719 - ASMP-A [300kT Nuclear] has the MIM-23 Hawk description. It has the correct picture, just a mismatched description.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 666
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/4/2020 12:35:06 AM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Battelman2

Looks like Weapon #719 - ASMP-A [300kT Nuclear] has the MIM-23 Hawk description. It has the correct picture, just a mismatched description.

Quick question...did you delete all the images from the folder before putting in the new ones? IIRC there are some legacy images of the Hawk that were at one time some kind of default. If you don't delete the older images before copying new ones in, you can sometimes have a few of those legacy images in the folder.

Might not be the issue for this exact one, but I have seen this before.

(in reply to Battelman2)
Post #: 667
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/4/2020 7:27:37 AM   
Battelman2

I didn't copy any images myself. These were the images and descriptions auto-downloaded by the game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 668
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/4/2020 8:53:43 AM   
thewood1

I suspect its the same issue though. Something left over from that default.

(in reply to Battelman2)
Post #: 669
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/4/2020 9:18:17 AM   
Battelman2

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I suspect its the same issue though. Something left over from that default.

Maybe, but then I figure it's an issue with the game not updating that properly. If that's the case then I suppose a thread in Tech Support may be more appropriate.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 670
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/10/2020 5:01:20 PM   
Lucas.F

How can one help with the image database? there are a few lacking in the Brazilian DB and i have found public available ones.

(in reply to Battelman2)
Post #: 671
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/10/2020 6:54:00 PM   
kgambit

Lucas, you can send them to me via a pm in zip file format. Or if the file is too big, let me know and I'll send you an email address.

I have several new CWDB images for Brazil that are finished and waiting for the December/January update but I'll happily take a look at anything you have.

(in reply to Lucas.F)
Post #: 672
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/12/2020 6:53:41 PM   
Lucas.F

I will send you a PM. Thanks!

(in reply to kgambit)
Post #: 673
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 11/12/2020 7:00:04 PM   
Lucas.F

I will send you through a PM. Thanks!

(in reply to kgambit)
Post #: 674
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/2/2020 10:20:56 PM   
darkmeat

Thanks for providing the image packs. The auto downloader is still not functioning correctly, at least for me, despite several times trying the delete and re-download method. After manually putting the images in I noticed tons of units now have images that never had them before, as well as finally corrected ones like submarine_46.

(in reply to Lucas.F)
Post #: 675
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 3:02:24 PM   
kinsley51

LMAO... are you kidding me? Even now, after 5+ years, the descriptions pack from warfaresims(dot)com/?page_id=1876 STILL contains erroneous duplicate entries for over a HUNDRED objects (just grep for "HAWK"). I'm grateful for the efforts of the community and all but don't go saying the problem has been fixed when it clearly hasn't.

(in reply to darkmeat)
Post #: 676
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 3:17:01 PM   
CV60

quote:

LMAO... are you kidding me? Even now, after 5+ years, the descriptions pack from warfaresims(dot)com/?page_id=1876 STILL contains erroneous duplicate entries for over a HUNDRED objects (just grep for "HAWK"). I'm grateful for the efforts of the community and all but don't go saying the problem has been fixed when it clearly hasn't.

Thank you for your generous offer to volunteer to help.

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 677
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 3:21:24 PM   
kinsley51

Thank you for your passive aggression, CV60. Have you resolved your automation experiment yet?

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 678
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 3:22:11 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinsley51

Again, creating an account and this is a first post doesn't garner a lot of credibility. 20,000 images and descriptions, you're going to find mistakes and duplicates.

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 679
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 3:54:02 PM   
kinsley51

quote:

doesn't garner a lot of credibility

So are you calling me a liar, or are you saying I should spend more time sucking up to forum veterans before I'm allowed to speak up?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 680
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 4:32:56 PM   
thewood1

"LMAO... are you kidding me?"

How about not using your first post to denigrate a volunteer effort to contribute. How's that for making a first impression. First impressions can mean a lot and a first line in your first post is helping your argument.

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 681
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 5:18:02 PM   
CV60

quote:

Thank you for your passive aggression, CV60. Have you resolved your automation experiment yet?

You confuse sarcasm with passive aggression. I was giving your post the sarcastic response it deserved. However, for the benefit of new members of this forum, let me describe the images and description project:

The "Accurate Image and Database" project is a community run effort by volunteers. We are not associated with Wargame Sims. This project attempts to provide technically and historically accurate images of the weapons and platforms represented in the game. Where possible, the image used represents the exact type of platform and from the appropriate date and nationality. However, it does so at the expense of using higher quality but less historically accurate images, at least as the primary image for the system. Currently we have have 8,771 images and 910 descriptions in the CWDB and 14,355 images and 3276 description files in the DB3000 database. This work is being done primarily by two persons, with valuable assistance from other members in the community. We have been engaged in this endeavor since 2013, and publish occasional updates 3-4 times a year.

If you are interested in helping us improve the description files or images, please PM me, and we will gratefully accept any assistance offered. If you note specific errors, please let us know by PM. Include the unit/country and unit number (ie, Ship_1234"). If you simply enjoy our efforts, then we always will accept "Thank you" or other compliments. If you really enjoy our work, then buy a DLC from Warfare Sims, support another struggling indie game developer, or make a small donation to charity of your choice and let us know you did that.

Finally, we are very close to releasing an update. It should be out in the next few days. And a Happy New Year to the members of the CMO Community and especially the Warfare Sims team.

< Message edited by CV60 -- 1/1/2021 5:19:59 PM >

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 682
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 5:27:19 PM   
thewood1

"If you simply enjoy our efforts, then we always will accept "Thank you" or other compliments. If you really enjoy our work, then buy a DLC from Warfare Sims, support another struggling indie game developer, or make a small donation to charity of your choice and let us know you did that."

Or you can make your very first post on the forums a denigrating and condescending punch at the people building the project for free. (Note that this is sarcasm...since people are struggling with it.)

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 683
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 5:37:49 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinsley51

quote:

doesn't garner a lot of credibility

So are you calling me a liar, or are you saying I should spend more time sucking up to forum veterans before I'm allowed to speak up?

Dude just be nice. Its a volunteer effort and has nothing to do with what you pay for.

I build my own because it is fun to me but I am under no illusion has much work it is.

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 684
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 7:23:13 PM   
Parel803

Thx to all work done by volunteers to add to this great game.
with regards GJ

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 685
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 9:46:36 PM   
Gunner98

Hay guys, just had a thought.

The photo's for the weapons DB entries are nice but perhaps it would be more helpful, particularly to new players, if we had weapons effects for some entries. It is a bit more difficult as we don't always know what did the damage so may not be possible or nearly as accurate.

Just saw this image and this photo says a lot about penetrators'.

Anyway, for your consideration...

Attachment (1)

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to Parel803)
Post #: 686
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2021 10:24:13 PM   
CV60

quote:

Hay guys, just had a thought.

The photo's for the weapons DB entries are nice but perhaps it would be more helpful, particularly to new players, if we had weapons effects for some entries. It is a bit more difficult as we don't always know what did the damage so may not be possible or nearly as accurate.

Just saw this image and this photo says a lot about penetrators'.

Anyway, for your consideration...

Nice photo! For awhile, I had tried doing something like that with the alternative photos, ie, putting a damage photo as "Weapon_1234_t1" The problem, as you note, was finding actual identifiable photos that you could tie to the damage done by a specific weapon. Still it is worth considering. Alternatively, possibly a .gif associated with a database entry where you could see a small video of how the weapon works?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 687
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/2/2021 11:10:55 AM   
kinsley51

Doing something for free does not exempt you from criticism. "Be grateful for what you have" only exposes the lackadaisical attitude to your "work" (which mostly consists of copying snippets from wikipedia anyway)

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 688
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/2/2021 11:20:56 AM   
thewood1

Doing a massive project for free doesn't exempt you from constructive criticism. But a person with a little common courtesy for someone who is providing a free service they are taking advantage of should be able to show a little control and self-restraint on how they provide that constructive criticism. Otherwise, join in or do it yourself.

If its as easy as just copying snippets from wikipedia, why are you not stepping in and showing them? Obviously, they could use your talents because they appear to be doing it all wrong.

(in reply to kinsley51)
Post #: 689
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/2/2021 11:38:04 AM   
kinsley51

People work for free to get kudos and acclaim from a community (if this weren't true they wouldn't be publishing their work). If I am a part of the community, then by withholding my praise I am contributing to the improvement of the work.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Updated DB image packs are available! Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI