Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> RE: The Wish List Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 6:32:28 PM   
Radagy

I really don't know when thermal invertion is in effect,
I can tell you when sun rises and set here in my country, but I'm not sure about germany in July, so it's just a matter of guessing.
I think you it could be useful adding this important info close to the clock.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 91
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 6:50:54 PM   
Mad Russian

It's not a matter of guessing. The game tells you when sunrise and sunset are in affect. When there is fog and rain as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 92
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 6:52:48 PM   
CapnDarwin

The "game" date and time knows the location of the battle pretty close at least and knows when it is dusk and dawn. The inversion effects are only active in those time frames. Dawn is an hour before sunrise (daytime in game terms) and dusk is the hour after daytime. The battlefield info panel already says and shows those game states.

Hope that helps.

< Message edited by Capn Darwin -- 10/27/2013 7:21:39 PM >

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 93
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 7:00:36 PM   
Radagy

Ah, sorry. i didn't notice it.
I will take a closer look.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 94
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 9:44:17 PM   
Werezak

It would be nice if units would automatically attempt to path around known minefields.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 95
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 9:47:39 PM   
trebcourie

--During setup, the ability to setup entire units (companies, BNs) with a single click.

(in reply to Werezak)
Post #: 96
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 10:32:50 PM   
wodin

They do to a point..usually they are cleared by the first unit to hit them, but other units will avoid that hex until cleared if they have time to respond...just like they reroute around obstacles and chemicals and nuke radiation.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dholedays

It would be nice if units would automatically attempt to path around known minefields.

(in reply to Werezak)
Post #: 97
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 11:57:50 PM   
Radagy

Things don't go always this way Odin.
I have seen one entire battalion orderly marching in a minefield and losing about 25% of his effectives.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 98
RE: The Wish List - 10/27/2013 11:59:24 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Radagy

Things don't go always this way Odin.
I have seen one entire battalion orderly marching in a minefield and losing about 25% of his effectives.

So have I. Battlefield communications is a fickle beast. It's hard to get your orders and share information. There is just so much time out there.

One answer to that is a convoy order. That would stop the entire column from simply continuing to drive forward no matter what the lead unit in the column runs into. That's on the Wish List.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 10/28/2013 12:01:17 AM >

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 99
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 1:44:23 AM   
GloriousRuse

A minor wish:

ATGM weaknesses and aborts. Wire guided missiles specifically come to mind.

Right now you can fire a missile with a flight path over 2km of woods 1x elevation, down a km of city streets and out several km beyond, and over major rivers. All of these would have a significant chance of the wire snapping/shorting and a missile abort.

Flight time modeling. Not so much in tracking hex to hex per se, but in allowing the gunner to be suppressed/killed after launch and before impact on long flight times. Especially for infantry carried ATGMs. Also, for keyhole firing (deep within the woods, city, etc) longer flight time increases the odds the target will move out of the keyhole and the gunner will not be able to track it.

Obviously all this would be abstracted, but it'd be nice to force realistic engagement considerations on ATGMs.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 100
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 2:07:01 AM   
Werezak

I find myself frequently wanting to edit the waypoints of group of units, in order to give them a common delay or match up ETAs. Instead of having to repeatedly open and close the edit waypoint dialog it would be nice if there was a tab in the TOC that showed the same table in the waypoint editor, but for all the units under my command.

(in reply to GloriousRuse)
Post #: 101
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 5:12:06 AM   
trebcourie

--When the counter shows a number for enemy runners, I wish it would only show *visible* runners. E.g., when I see a "20" and it represents 10 BMPs and 10 squads, my observing units wouldn't know that -- they just see 10 BMPs. So the enemy counter I see should only show "10."

(And yes I know that the information my guys are reporting to me is often wrong; still, I have no idea how many mounts are in each unit.)

(in reply to Werezak)
Post #: 102
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 12:41:48 PM   
CapnDarwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: BROJD

--When the counter shows a number for enemy runners, I wish it would only show *visible* runners. E.g., when I see a "20" and it represents 10 BMPs and 10 squads, my observing units wouldn't know that -- they just see 10 BMPs. So the enemy counter I see should only show "10."

(And yes I know that the information my guys are reporting to me is often wrong; still, I have no idea how many mounts are in each unit.)

Good point. I don't think anyone really said that in playtesting. I'll add that to our fix list.

Thanks. for pointing that out.

(in reply to trebcourie)
Post #: 103
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 2:36:06 PM   
Lowlaner2012

The game is great, a few items for the wishlist though, they have probably been brought up before...

When an enemy is killed list the Weapon system as well as the unit that killed it.

When you double click on a HQ unit highlight all the attached subordinate units.

Editable way-points where you can change the stance at each segment.

Hold fire option so that units that are un-spotted can watch enemy units without giving there position away.

That's all I can think of now..

Again thanks for the great game :)

< Message edited by highlandcharge -- 10/28/2013 3:15:32 PM >

(in reply to Elfastball7)
Post #: 104
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 3:38:38 PM   
Mad Russian

Wishes compiled below.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 10/28/2013 10:34:07 PM >

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 105
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 4:45:04 PM   
Radagy

Impressive list.
After collecting all these suggestions, do you think you can classify each of them?
i.e.
1) It will be implemented in a short time;
2) It will be implemented in a few months with a major patch;
3) It will be implemented in a future expansion kit;
4) This suggestion will never implemented as it would would require a complete rewriting of the code.

Post #: 106
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 5:19:28 PM   
CapnDarwin

Radagy, it may be possible to do something like that in a few weeks. We just had a meeting Saturday to get the ball rolling and we need to firm upwhat we think we can do and also we need to talk with Matrix and get their feedback too.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 107
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 7:54:09 PM   
nukkxx5058

one more wish:

in the Subunit Inspector window, it would be nice to be able to click on various armament of the unit to open a picture of the weapon. It could be let blank in the game's commercial version because of obvious copyright issues but this would allow modders to easily customize the game by adding pics of the various armament used in the game (e.g. SA 14 Gremlin or 73mm SPG-9).

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 108
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 8:01:55 PM   
nukkxx5058

Another wish (yes ! Christmas is coming !)

Might be linked with 14) in the above list:

In the diary, display information about which weapon is actually firing.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 109
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 9:09:03 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Radagy

Impressive list.

That's not the list. That's page 1 of this thread. There are 3 more pages to add to it before it's complete.

I'm not going to categorize anything. All I'm doing is showing what's on the list so we don't get 40 more gamers putting the same requests.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 110
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 9:24:30 PM   
Krupinski

Thanx for the overview.

Prio 1 for me:
"49) When a unit is selected on the map, all the units from the same group to be highlighted with the group color with a distinction (for example a darker color) to easily spot the group HQ."

Know that from many other wargames - and it helped a lot!

Post #: 111
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 10:33:01 PM   
Mad Russian

Time to compile all these so we can see more easily what we have.

1) The ability to set different orders and stances for each waypoint in a move, both at the time of giving the order and through the waypoint editor.
2) Leaders
3) Scenarios playing in the North German Plain.
4) Actual Nation specific medals and awards given out. Would be a great buzz having soemone get a Victoria Cross for instance.
5) A stricter FOW setting that stops you seeing mines being hit or removed and doesn't show you crosses if arty hits when out of LOS. Also stops the message dialogue from breaking FOW.
6) Contacts that maybe spot by civilians\spies,sound or other means than just sight and have a relevant counter for the type of Intel. (this sort of spotting has been mentioned to explain being able to see things out of LOS..so would be cool if we are informed where the intel came from somehow. Also don't make it fully accurate.
7) More Nations (Obviously) and more units like Russian Para's (Parachute operations) and special forces and Winter warfare.
8) Maybe more mine types and obstacle types..i.e anti tank obstacles or anti Inf obstacles and different types of mines.
9) AI learn how to use chemical and WMD's.
10) More feedback through radio reports..i.e telling you they are pulling back due to heavy fire etc.
11) Medivacs..units request medivac and if you manage to do it you gain some VP's. (Just a thought)
12) Airborne troops using heli insertions.
13) Told what actual weapon killed a unit not just the actual unit. i.e 50Cal or Grenade...etc etc.
14) Be able to click a hex with crosses in at end of scenario and you are shown all the units destroyed in that hex and from what unit it was in and what destroyed it and with what weapon.
15) Model in surrendering maybe? Though might not work due to the lowest being a squad...
16) One day go even further and model casualties by crew\inf members...reducing effectiveness of unit as casualties are caused, would be cool.
17) Seaborne invasions. (Zooming in on hovercrafts would be cool).
18) Different strength WMD warheads.
19) Wind effects on chemical weapons.
20) Part of stricter FOW. At the end of a scenario have a result showing what was claimed during the battle to what was actually killed. This would come in with stricter FOW setting where during the scenario there is fuzzy logic on kill reports..this would be very handy for a Vietnam type game..the Body count..Count the bodies.."Yeah man def killed 5 of Charlie" where really they killed one.
21) You can. Shift-left click on any hex.
22) On-map indications of radio activity.
23) Carry over of checked optional rules from game session to game session, so no need to uncheck again and again.
24) Would like to be able to set map zoom e.g. 70% as default.
25) Possibility to different tabs for active, finished, abandoned games.
26) Expand the movement orders to include hold at all costs and add the posture to the end of the move. (Hasty Move - Hold/ Assault Move - Screen)
27) Have the waypoints(WP) be programmable. So I can give WP-1 a Hast Move, WP-2 a Deliberate Move and WP-3 an Assault Move with a Hold posture.
28) Combat Engineer features to be more specifically handled.
29) Like the idea of an orders queue. Would like to include delay for x minutes.
30) Would like formation move especially on roads if the AI could handle it.
31) Would like a withdraw (or retrograde offensive) or even give ground type order. At the level we are playing smoke for individual units???
32) Airborne and helicopter and, as already planned, special forces ops.
33) Would like different engagement types like meeting engagement, defensive of river crossing or crossroads as examples, assault, etc.
34) Still pushing for flashier explosion graphics and direct fire line indications. 35) Like the idea of editing waypoints for order types.
36) probable weather forecast by hour, doesn't mean its always accurate.
37) ability to highlight multiple units using ob tree.
38) More small scenarios.
39) Reinforcement tab ordered by arrival time.
40) The ability to export OOBs from a saved game file, ala the export feature in Command.
41) Additional vision/weather settings. It seems like now it's all or nothing.
42) civilian and civil building causalities
43) detach the diary and subunits window in a separate mobile window.
44) the ability for the map vale editor to recognize user created elevations and terrain types.
45) Put an hotkey to highlight all pertinent sub units of an HQ at once.
46) In large scenarios you need to identify the command chain through the OOB and it's an headache.
47)I would enjoy a Comander's Report, just like in War in the East. This way I could check if some of my units have low morale, low cohesion or are out of ammo. Right now, to have these informations I have to pick units one by one.
48) You can scroll through the Force Roster tab in the TOC for this information but it could be laid out better. or have another tab with all the unit's stats and values laid out in tabular form similar to the reported kills and claims tab.
49) When a unit is selected on the map, all the units from the same group to be highlighted with the group color with a distinction (for example a darker color) to easily spot the group HQ.
50) When naming units in the editor also have an option for a short name to show on the counter.
51) Hold fire orders
52) Team Yankee campaign/scenarios
53) Chieftains campaign/scenarios
54) Amphibious assaults.(Warsaw Pact assault on Kiel)
55) Airborne assaults/drops
56) A "withdraw" order. This would allow the unit in question to utilize the best cover in it's hex in order to break contact. Smoke enabled units could also utilize additional cover. Useful for preserving what's left of those beaten up units. Hopefully the AI could also be taught this behavior.
57) "Ambush" command. Allows unit a better first fire chance when engaged. The unit with this order will gain a benefit due to better sighting advantages, etc. This order would need 1/3 an hour or so to be properly implemented (getting units in place, etc). Works somewhat like "hold fire", but with statistical advantages when the unit breaks cover to fire the first shots.
58) Named leaders with some basic stats that may impact their subordinate units slightly would also be great.
59) A "merge units" option to merge heavy damage units in a single unit/counter, a way to reduce the number of counters and improve units fighting value... i think that this kind of units improve morale and readiness when merge.
60) More control in cross rivers with amphibios units, put a waypoint near a river and set this a a cross point using a bridge or using vehicles.
61) Maybe i think game needs add "damage units" and not only use kills, for example in a tank company of 10 tanks you have 4 tanks destroyed and 2 damage this means you lose 5 tanks in combat value because damage units count 50% of a non damage unit.
62) Add a way to highlight the organization selected... i refer if i select a company i want see the counters of this battalion marked, if i select a HQ see the units under this HQ marked etc etc.
63) maybe a surrender rule as optional where when an unit with no retreat options under certain value in morale have a % of surrender, % that increase any 5-10 minutes it stays with no retreat path.
64) campaigns playable PBEM++ would be fine too.
65) I would like to be able to give my arty units more than 3 barrage orders in a turn.
66) Freely placing minefields and fortified areas each time you start a scenario
67) Been able to search [ Ctrl-F ] in the diary.
68) Highlighting a formation, and better indication of formation and command relationships in general. I'd like to see, for instance, an option to visually trace the command route from a HQ to its subordinates, and vice versa; click on a unit and it shows a line to its subordinates, if any, and to its superior HQ. Right now it's a bit difficult to visualize how to position command elements so that everyone is in command. BTW, what does making a formation independent actually mean in game terms?
69) The F6 unit info page functionality is also in need of enhancement I think. For instance, if the vehicle side of a counter is showing, you get the vehicle info, but not the passenger info. Generally, if I have Territorial infantry units in a truck, I don't want to see the capabilities of the truck! So making it either display both, or have a quick toggle would be useful.
70) The OB list in the tab on the right is fairly sensitive, and I've often mistakenly re-attached a unit to some other unit when all I wanted to do is click on something. The hierarchy is also sometimes ambiguous, in that what is subordinate to what is often hard to tell, exactly. Partly that's nomenclature, particularly with Pact forces, and partly it's a limitation of the narrow width of the OB window.
71) TCP/IP multiplayer games
72) when your on the new game screen and make your picks i.e. WP or N, single or campaign the next screen is filtered by your choices, so if you pick nato and single scenario the only things that show are the scenarios best played as nato and that are single scenarios, i'd also like to suggest a filter by size of the scenario on the new game screen.
73) a Hold Fire order
74) the colored triangle on the upper right side of a counter should have two colors. On the vertex the regiment's color, at the base of the triangle, a stripe reporting the batallion's color. This way It should be much easier keeping unit in command.
75) An ambush order needs some mechanism to be implemented such as a trigger range, and a covered arc is basically just a graphical representation of a trigger range.
76) Improve the tactical ops centre diary to see better info with a colour legend (red for combat, green for reinforcements etc etc)... and maybe add a serie of filters like in other wargames where you can filter messages by combat report, movement report, reinforcement report...
77) Something i think could improve how show info about units, now you have the readiness/ammo/morale levels in the actual turn, well why not add the previous levels??? i refer show something like "75%/70% Ammo" to show a reduction of 5% in ammo, other way to show it could be add reduction/improve, something like "70%-5% ammo", a way to notice better how combat degrade the units value.

Oooo i notice now the damage units (well, in manual dont appear as damage) but i cant see them directry in the unit rooster... is possible create a diferent splash image to see what is a destroyed unit and what is a damage unit???
78) At a minimum editable commands would be a godsend. As mentioned more functionality for the waypoints, in fact implementing some form of SOPs ala TacOps, ie stances, engagement ranges to name a couple, to work with the existing structure would be very welcome.
79) Editable hot keys, so we can have one key press for LOS, etc
80) Winter maps with snow conditions
81) New combatant formations. US Reserve and National guard, East German, Hungarian etc etc.
82) New combatant's such as Japanese and USMC units for conventional fighting in Northern Japan (Hokkaido) vs Soviet.
83) reduce the time of the artillery visual effect and highlight the hex which is being fired upon.
84) Highlight units to show which HQ is commanding which unit.
85) An Aftermath report at the end of the scenario..telling you how the War went after your battle and how your incompetence impacted the rest of the War..have a different one for each of the Victory\Defeat Levels..just abit of fun. I enjoy reading the aftermath reports in the scenario description as if the War happened..so this is a take on this but this time taking into account how well you did..
86) why not add in the waypoints the ETA???
87) Round (circular) counters for the Air Units/Heliocopters and their HQ's to make finding them easier.
88) When we get the message Air search radar located at...can we then be shown the actual located unit? WOuld be greta if you could click the message and it took you o the hex\counter the message was about.
89) When we are told a HQ maybe at Loc""..Can we then be shown the hex by highlighting it, plus some sort of ?HQ counter.
90) At the end of a turn cycle can we be show a brief rundown on what happened..just the important stuff like Possible located HQ's, Radar location, Casualties and Kills? Also make sure the info has hyperlinks to take you o the particular unit or hex.
91) Be able to manually set the pref stand off range.
92) Would like to see vehicles destroyed give off smoke aswell..I imagine all those tanks burning would end up creating a pretty thick smoky atmosphere?
93) Would like to know when a unit detects it's being tracked by a Laser if they know using the LWR same wih RWR..sgsin told hrough combat hints.
94) Maybe impossible, but would be cool to see on TOC the type of weapons who causes every unit loss/fallen out.
95) Double click on a HQ unit selects all subordinate units...Or at least highlights them in some way. I use the OOB tab for the selection of subordinate units, but a graphic representation on map always helps.
96) Would be nice to have a detailed reports on man killed not only vehicles. Tanks personal, infantry, etc. Ideally, minimizing human losses should even be part of score system.
97) A LOS tool that allows you to click on one hex, click on the second hex and see a line between the two telling you the distance and whether the LOS is clear. I know you can see what can be seen from a hex by clicking on it, but it's a bit cumbersome the way it is.
98) Is possible made action stop when an unit suffer casualties (or suffer a delay etc etc) and only continue if you click??? i refer to an option to stop action when something is noticed over the map and only continue when you left click, this permit use fast action for movements.
99) Other thing is made the autoscroll to action more soft, now it hurts when map jump so rough.
100) I think of it as being able to queue orders to a unit, with possible delays in between. This could become complicated enough that you may want to add another tab to the TOC for purpose of managing all of your units planned orders. Perhaps this would make coordinating unit actions easier.
101) While on the Reinforcements Tab, instead of reporting the arrival time related to the start of the scenario, I wish I could read the arrival time rtelated to the current time.
I mean, if a unit is arriving in 60 minutes i want to read T+60 and not T+158 or whatever...
102) It would be nice if units would automatically attempt to path around known minefields.
103) During setup, the ability to setup entire units (companies, BNs) with a single click.
104) ATGM flight time modeling. Not so much in tracking hex to hex per se, but in allowing the gunner to be suppressed/killed after launch and before impact on long flight times. Especially for infantry carried ATGMs. Also, for keyhole firing (deep within the woods, city, etc) longer flight time increases the odds the target will move out of the keyhole and the gunner will not be able to track it.
105) I find myself frequently wanting to edit the waypoints of group of units, in order to give them a common delay or match up ETAs. Instead of having to repeatedly open and close the edit waypoint dialog it would be nice if there was a tab in the TOC that showed the same table in the waypoint editor, but for all the units under my command.
106) When the counter shows a number for enemy runners, I wish it would only show *visible* runners. E.g., when I see a "20" and it represents 10 BMPs and 10 squads, my observing units wouldn't know that -- they just see 10 BMPs. So the enemy counter I see should only show "10."
107) in the Subunit Inspector window, it would be nice to be able to click on various armament of the unit to open a picture of the weapon. It could be let blank in the game's commercial version because of obvious copyright issues but this would allow modders to easily customize the game by adding pics of the various armament used in the game (e.g. SA 14 Gremlin or 73mm SPG-9).
108) In the diary, display information about which weapon is actually firing.

Pages 1,2,3 and 4 Wishes compiled.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 10/28/2013 10:38:28 PM >

(in reply to Krupinski)
Post #: 112
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 10:40:17 PM   
Radagy

Quite a lot of excellent suggestions here.
Making good use of all this stuff could lead you to write one of the best PC games ever.
Thanks for keeping this channel open and listening to us.

Post #: 113
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 10:48:35 PM   
kipanderson

Hi,

quote:

A stricter FOW setting that stops you seeing mines being hit or removed and doesn't show you crosses if arty hits when out of LOS. Also stops the message dialogue from breaking FOW

This is the biggest problem with the engine. The fact that when your barrage hits a hex out of LOS you still see enemy units explode and crosses appear degrades FOW massively.

Fantastic game, but we are asked here for our opinions on what most needs fixing..

All the best,
Kip.

(in reply to Elfastball7)
Post #: 114
RE: The Wish List - 10/28/2013 11:07:35 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: kipanderson

Hi,

quote:

A stricter FOW setting that stops you seeing mines being hit or removed and doesn't show you crosses if arty hits when out of LOS. Also stops the message dialogue from breaking FOW

This is the biggest problem with the engine. The fact that when your barrage hits a hex out of LOS you still see enemy units explode and crosses appear degrades FOW massively.

Really. What did you hit? What type units were they? How many of them are there? Did that wipe out the unit or only damage it a bit?

The battlefield is not empty. This is not Gettysburg, Waterloo or France 1914 where all the intelligence you get is through a pair of binoculars. There are all kinds of intelligence gathering engines from aircraft all the way down to a civilian on an open telephone line.

We are working on a total FOW option but I'm amazed that you think this is the biggest problem FPC has.

I'm glad we hit that close to the mark for you.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 10/28/2013 11:08:43 PM >

(in reply to kipanderson)
Post #: 115
RE: The Wish List - 10/29/2013 5:42:08 AM   
76mm

quote:

We are working on a total FOW option but I'm amazed that you think this is the biggest problem FPC has.

MR i'm kinda with you on thissone, but I don't want to see every single casulaty inflicted out of LoS. But I don't want NO information either--if I blow up a column of BMPs (whether minefield, arty whatever), the massive colums of smoke from the flaming wreckage will surely indicate that I've killing something. Therefore, I'd like a "partial FoW" setting that maybe shows one or two crosses to indicate that I killed something, but not every last detail about it.

Not to complicate your life or anything, but I don't think a total FoW setting is very realistic either in this context.

Post #: 116
RE: The Wish List - 10/29/2013 7:30:52 AM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

MR i'm kinda with you on thissone, but I don't want to see every single casulaty inflicted out of LoS. But I don't want NO information either--if I blow up a column of BMPs (whether minefield, arty whatever), the massive colums of smoke from the flaming wreckage will surely indicate that I've killing something. Therefore, I'd like a "partial FoW" setting that maybe shows one or two crosses to indicate that I killed something, but not every last detail about it.

Not to complicate your life or anything, but I don't think a total FoW setting is very realistic either in this context.

Regarding FOW, I tend to agree with 76mm.

Therefore several levels of FOW [none, partial 1, partial 2, total] are probably the best solution ?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 117
RE: The Wish List - 10/29/2013 8:01:42 AM   
DoubleDeuce

Does the report window show KIA details from Arty that is not observed? I noticed the secondary explosions when it hits something but didn't notice detailed reporting but that was from paying the other day (not at my machine where the game is installed to check it further)?

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 118
RE: The Wish List - 10/29/2013 9:25:55 AM   
76mm

quote:

Therefore several levels of FOW [none, partial 1, partial 2, total] are probably the best solution ?

Maybe n number of FoW levels would be best, with the lowest level of FoW providing information about individual soldier names, boot sizes, pictures of their loved ones, etc.? And the highest level of FoW should deny you any information about where, or if, the arty landed or the mines went off...

I think ten or so levels of FoW should cover most people's preferences on this point.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 119
RE: The Wish List - 10/29/2013 10:12:46 AM   
nukkxx5058

LOL I can see a touch of irony in your answer 76mm but you know, many games have such "a la carte" FOW menus where you activate/deactivate several options, yes, like enemy shoe size ;-)
I don't think it's a bad idea.

Then, for multiplayer games, players will have to agree a setup. Again, this sounds familiar.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> RE: The Wish List Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI