Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just As I Suspected

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Just As I Suspected Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just As I Suspected - 10/27/2013 10:12:24 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

The map and visuals are second to none. I'll be off work for the next couple months minimum and what an exciting time to do so. Between this, World in Flames, Civil War II, and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm I should have plenty of things to keep me out of trouble.

Good work should be commended and I take my hat off you folks at Ageod. IMO, this is the most visually stunning thing you guys have put out, save for that original Birth of America map.

mo reb

[image][/image]

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 10/27/2013 10:20:26 PM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/28/2013 7:44:05 PM   
Franciscus

On behalf of the AJE team, thank you for your kind words !

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/28/2013 9:16:38 PM   
Boomer78

Off work for the next couple of months, eh? And during the big Christmas game sales that will soon be flooding all the retailers... your wallet will not take kindly to that!

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 3
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/28/2013 10:53:42 PM   
Rosseau

AJE, Command and Red Storm was Christmas come early. I don't know what else good is down the pike (except WiF (with AI) and maybe East vs. West). Which there was more.

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 4
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/28/2013 11:32:03 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Off work for the next couple of months, eh? And during the big Christmas game sales that will soon be flooding all the retailers... your wallet will not take kindly to that!

Yeah. Have a surgery scheduled for Thursday up in St. Louis. These past couple days I've spent stacking wood, 5 cords. . No lifting for 6 weeks.

I'm not sure whether to get a bell or horn for the wife. I'm leaning towards bell.

mo reb

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 5
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/29/2013 1:59:06 AM   
OldSarge

Good luck on your surgery!

I'm almost envious about having a couple of month's worth of free time for gaming! I'm going to have to wait for T-day weekend for any serious gaming time!

Post #: 6
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/29/2013 2:26:04 AM   
Boomer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Yeah. Have a surgery scheduled for Thursday up in St. Louis. These past couple days I've spent stacking wood, 5 cords. . No lifting for 6 weeks.

I'm not sure whether to get a bell or horn for the wife. I'm leaning towards bell.

mo reb

I'd say I was jealous, but I don't know if I'd trade surgery for a month or two off of work. Good luck on the recoop. Enjoy the downtime. It is indeed a rare and savored commodity.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

Post #: 7
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/29/2013 2:27:32 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Thanks OldSarge.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 10/29/2013 2:54:02 AM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 8
RE: Just As I Suspected - 10/29/2013 2:31:29 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Yeah Boomer, not exactly a vacation.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 10/29/2013 2:53:50 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Just As I Suspected - 2/5/2014 11:38:24 AM   
Bob M.

I, too, am "enjoying" an extended break from work due to involved back injury that required fusing three of the lumbar vertebrae and installing metal supports because the middle one is now too weak to support the weight placed on it by the spinal column above. Yeah, I suppose you could call it a vacation. I do about.four hours of floor exercises and an hour of balance work daily. Haven't started the out-patient therapy yet due to a doctor's screwup. That'll add another three hours of exercise a week plus the travel time to the site. I can't drive yet , so I'm pretty much stuck in house (Thank heavens for.Matrix). But add in the pain from the non-involved muscles of the exercises with my weakened state and ii's hard to play games. No pain meds, Doctor forgot to prescribe them post operation and is an instructor at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Last paycheck was mid-December. Broke and overdrawn at bank. Worse still, no broad-band internet. "The horror! The horror!" - Kurtz, Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" or Delaurentis' "Apocalypse Now" - a virtually direct rip-off of Conrad's novel and nothing about Vietnam (yup, that's my era).

This may sound like one giant whine and, if so, I am sorry. It's not. It's just another "Job" year for me with cause for much joy. I get to see my grand kids and children frequently. I had been enduring far worse back pain for eight years before the operation. The surgeon operated within two weeks of seeing the MRI's of my back, saying I was on a fast track to becoming a quadriplegic with the nerve damage already experienced and the rate it was increasing.

So I'm very happy with my current position. The surgery provided immediate relief from level 7-8 pain in my back, hip, thigh, calf, and feet. Most of my other physical problems will resolve themselves (if I do the therapy work) in the next year or so. I'm not headed for a wheelchair. I will be able to return to my old job (thank you FMLA). I see a lot of my family, Sometimes I even sneak a few turns of a game in. What's not to like? Would I go back to work if I could? In a heartbeat. This, while not a totally unpleasant experience, is by no stretch of the imagination a "vacation". I told the neurosurgeon my expectations for the surgery: I just wanted to be able to walk reasonable distances normally again. To walk my dog, to be able to shop for myself, to stop getting to the second floor of my townhouse without dragging myself up by the.banister or crawling, even just to walk normally in from the parking lot at work instead of lurching in like Quasimodo .

But recovery from major surgery, while extended, is not as fun as a "sick" day here and there.

V/R

Bob Mercer
Still serving after the. US Army after 38 years: active duty Army and as a Department of the Army employee. (It's looking like it's time for a fourth career. Hope it's not survivor of a US meltdown .)

< Message edited by Bob M. -- 2/5/2014 12:49:53 PM >

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Just As I Suspected Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI