Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Designing Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Designing Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Designing Scenarios - 10/30/2013 7:38:29 PM   
ArmyVet2004

Ok, I give up. Been at this for the past 4 days and this designing scenario things is killing me. LOL!
Have been trying to make my units go hostile towards enemy like the set up shown by Baloogan. Can only get it to work for one side but not the other. I guess I have to make another whole hack event. Not sure anymore........

Is there an easier way?

Thanks

Orlando

< Message edited by ArmyVet2004 -- 10/30/2013 7:51:39 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Designing Scenarios - 10/31/2013 12:14:40 AM   
Tomcat84

I'm not really you sure what you mean by "go hostile towards the enemy" ?

Have you set postures for both sides to be hostile towards each other? Does the side have a way to detect the targets and also classify them as hostile? If it cant ID them and just sees unknowns that might be the problem? If so either give them sensors to do it, or make an Exclusion zone that will make people in there as hostile.

Also, feel free to post the .scen file and a brief description of what you want to do and i can take a look and explain how to do it (if it's possible)

Hope this helps!

(in reply to ArmyVet2004)
Post #: 2
RE: Designing Scenarios - 10/31/2013 12:54:34 AM   
ArmyVet2004

Thanks Tomcat84

I really did not know how to explain it all that good.
From looking at Baloogan's stream on Scenarios, I remember him doing something with a sort of Hack to get a unit to go hostile. Something like that!

Nevertheless, you have given me an idea to try something different from your reply. Thanks!

This designing scenarios is pretty fun but also pretty darn tough......Looking forward to achieving the level of making scenarios.

Orlando

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 3
RE: Designing Scenarios - 10/31/2013 1:34:01 AM   
Tomcat84

Like a timed event? I have not been able to find the time to watch all his streams so i dont know what you mean exactly :)

One thing I can tell you is that if you make a mission for an (airborne) unit, but you set the mission to be "inactive" they will not do anything yet. Then you can make an event with a trigger set to a certain time and an action set to change that particular mission's status to active and then he will start the mission behavior *for example patrolling if a patrol mission, or strike if on a strike mission)

Make sense?

Either way good luck and have fun! I find I am spending more time building in the scenario editor than playing lol

Post #: 4
RE: Designing Scenarios - 10/31/2013 10:34:01 PM   
ArmyVet2004

Tomcat84, Thanks for the reply

It sounds easier said than done.....LOL
I think I'll have to start keeping a good log of this. Maybe I'm just not understanding the set up.
I'll figure it out! Just need to get more organized I guess.

Nevertheless, I'll keep you in the loop.

BTW, I like your set up with the overlays. Don't have PS but for sure its on my list to find a copy and try it out.

Orlando

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 5
RE: Designing Scenarios - 11/1/2013 11:47:26 AM   
Tomcat84

I have heard that Gimp ( http://www.gimp.org ) can also do it, it is free. But I haven't used it myself.

If you need any more help with scenario just post your questions, or even post the file and I am happy to look at it for you. Good luck!

Post #: 6
RE: Designing Scenarios - 11/1/2013 7:08:49 PM   
El Savior

In my opinion best way to go hostile is to use "restricted zone".

Define area / waypoints. Go to Unit Orders -> Exclusion Zones -> Create. Then use "mark vialators as hostile".

With this you can make borders for countries. When border is violated unit is assigned automatically hostile. I find using restricted zone easier than Baalogan's hack for making side hostile.

El Savior

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 7
RE: Designing Scenarios - 11/1/2013 11:26:43 PM   
ArmyVet2004

Thanks El Savior,
I'll give that a try.....

ORlando

(in reply to El Savior)
Post #: 8
RE: Designing Scenarios - 11/2/2013 6:08:26 PM   
ArmyVet2004

Trying to figure out how I can get my enemy aircraft to fly to a specific patrol zone.
While on the way I'd like to get the aircraft to engage on friendly units and bypass the specific patrol zone orders.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Post #: 9
RE: Designing Scenarios - 11/4/2013 8:04:15 PM   
jjmauzey

I think it would be great if there were just an event action to change a given posture stance to a given side.

Thanks, Jeff~

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Designing Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI