Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding new support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Adding new support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding new support units - 11/1/2013 3:32:25 PM   
Priapus1

I've been trying to add new battalion sized infantry support units (volksstrum, ost legion and the like) to bolster german late war divisional strength. However when I run tests to see if they are available for selection on turn 2 they are always attached to OKH rather than being free for attachment to any unit. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Adding new support units - 11/1/2013 5:25:56 PM   
2ndACR

Should still be able to change the HQ of the support unit and it should appear/be avail next turn at that new HQ.

(in reply to Priapus1)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding new support units - 11/1/2013 6:55:44 PM   
Denniss

Units entering the game without valid Higher HQ are automatically assigned to OKH/STAVKA

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 6:55:09 AM   
Priapus1

I have given the support units OKH as their HQ, however when they arrive they are not in the support pool but directly attached the the OKH unit. They are identical to pioneer units, the only difference is the number and type of units. Suppose I should read the editor manual...

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 7:22:27 AM   
2ndACR

That is exactly what and where they should be. Or are you trying to create a new type like rifle squad that enters the actual pool and then is added to the TOE of units?

I always fought for a way to be able to spend AP or select which units I wanted to change TOE. Give me the control of when a unit changes TOE, then maybe in 1944-45 I can have a strong Corps of 1942 size div if I so desire.

(in reply to Priapus1)
Post #: 5
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 7:30:58 AM   
Priapus1

Yeah, that's kind of the idea. To give the german player the freedom to attach battalions to divisions as he desires. So you can give defensive support units to divisions in critical areas and offensive support units to divisions where offensive operations are still possible. I want the germans to still have some bite in 43 and 44. Surely this is possible?

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 7:57:55 AM   
Priapus1

I'm not sure if I'm explaining my problem clearly. When the new support units I have created arrive not only is their hq OKH but they are also directly attached to the OKH unit i.e. a part of OKH's collection of support units. I don't want this, I want the support units to be attachable to any unit on the map upon their arrival, like most of the already existing support units.

(in reply to Priapus1)
Post #: 7
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 8:48:57 AM   
2ndACR

They should be attachable, open the unit, and assign it just like you would a pioneer unit. If turn 2 of the grand campaign, open a div up, right side, click assign support unit, IIRC. Been awhile since I messed with WITE. It should pull up a list of units avail to be assigned to that div.

All those units should be listed.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 11/2/2013 8:50:00 AM >

(in reply to Priapus1)
Post #: 8
RE: Adding new support units - 11/2/2013 10:48:58 AM   
Priapus1

I think I've figured out the problem. I was using the 1941 Barbarossa scenario to test the volksstrum battalion which had a start date of 1944. The volksstrum start date appears to have screwed things up. Now to add the E-series tanks...

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Adding new support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI