Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 12/24/2013 7:22:42 PM   
SAMiV2

Thanks for your answer, bomber49.
I bought the game and i got SeaHag module running just fine with Natural Voices i have bought earlier. It sure gives more feeling to the game when you hear the control room hum and those other sounds as well.

I have just gone through the submarine tutorial mission and i did managed to play it through even though it only gave me 4 points in the end. Guess i fired too many torpedoes which missed the target and that lowered the score. And i think fireing way too many tomahawks didn't help either.

Anyhoo, that's all from me and thanks again.

(in reply to bomber1949)
Post #: 91
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 12/29/2013 9:42:50 PM   
CV60

How do I get Sea Hag to notify me when a hostile radar is emitting? I don't see a message warning of hostile emitters appearing in the message log, so there is no text I can use to trigger Sea Hag. Is there a work around for this?

< Message edited by CV60 -- 12/29/2013 10:43:18 PM >

(in reply to SAMiV2)
Post #: 92
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/4/2014 11:26:58 AM   
Pergite!

I finally installed Sea Hag and need guidance on how to get as much speech effect as possible. The ambience is working just fine, but the only speech I get is a seemingly random contact ID message once in a while. I am using the default grid and have tried to change the speech level but with no apparent success.

Help?

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 93
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/5/2014 1:47:30 AM   
sluggy2010

Can you give me a couple of details - which operating system your PC uses - a copy of the log file from the CMANO\logs file that it was on at the time and the application settings for SeaHag as per below.

If you put them in a .zip file and post a message with that zip file as an attachment I can check it for you.

Regards

Sluggy

The SeaHag application setting are stored in
On Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\SeaHag.exe_<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config
On Win 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SeaHag.exe\<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config

< Message edited by sluggy -- 4/5/2014 2:50:01 AM >

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 94
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/5/2014 1:50:43 AM   
edfathead

is there an advantage to using an External Program to run the Voices? I have At&T Charles but run it through Microsoft Speech.

(in reply to bomber1949)
Post #: 95
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/5/2014 6:19:10 AM   
bomber1949

is there an advantage to using an External Program to run the Voices? I have At&T Charles but run it through Microsoft Speech?

Personally at the moment I only use the default Microsoft voice which is not too bad and OK for me although other voices I would think would be clearer to listen too and maybe easier to tweak the obvious disavantage is cost of a new voice or package but I suppose if you have other uses for a package or voices other than Command then its much more cost effective! I have tried a few "demo" packages which work fine through Sluggy's Module so the decision is personal preference could it be the sexier voice the better!

Bomber

(in reply to edfathead)
Post #: 96
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/5/2014 8:33:36 AM   
Pergite!

quote:

ORIGINAL: sluggy

Can you give me a couple of details - which operating system your PC uses - a copy of the log file from the CMANO\logs file that it was on at the time and the application settings for SeaHag as per below.

If you put them in a .zip file and post a message with that zip file as an attachment I can check it for you.

Regards

Sluggy

The SeaHag application setting are stored in
On Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\SeaHag.exe_<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config
On Win 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SeaHag.exe\<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config

I run windows 8.1

Attached is a copy of the application user config and the corresponding Command log.
That log resulted in no speech at all.

Thanks for your help!

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 97
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/6/2014 12:56:56 PM   
sluggy2010

Hi Ed - the option is there just for flexibility and if you want to call an external program to perform your own goodness.

In order from worse to best

Microsoft SAM - the old XP version - you many prefer silence....
eSpeak external program - open source
Microsoft Speech - from vista onwards
Microsoft Speech - from Win7 onwards
Microsoft Speech - from Win7 onwards using AT&T 16 bit voices.

I use the AT&T Audrey one and so do a few others, Found it at http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html

Regards

Sluggy

(in reply to edfathead)
Post #: 98
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/6/2014 1:00:18 PM   
sluggy2010

Sorry - no attachment?

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 99
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/6/2014 1:02:31 PM   
rwenstrup

Yeah AT&T Audrey works well...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 100
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/6/2014 7:22:36 PM   
Pergite!

quote:

ORIGINAL: sluggy

Sorry - no attachment?

Well, that has never happened before...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 101
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/10/2014 1:17:17 PM   
mcp5500

I haven't tried this yet but sounds great. Is thare a way to get it to read the side briefing . As the player opens a scenario.

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 102
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/20/2014 11:15:47 PM   
Rangoon

Great program; thanks for your contribution!

Is it possible to create a crossfade on the end of the control room hum as it loops into the beginning of the next iteration? My ears keep listening for that little hiccup/pause as it transitions. It is distracting to me because I'm a flawed individual. Would that be a lot of work? I have experience with audio engineering to the extent that I know the fuction of crossfading audio files is easy, but I have no idea if it's easy within the context of this program of yours.

EDIT: I had another thought on this, as a possible simple workaround. Not knowing the behind-the-scenes capability of this audio engine, a simple solution would be to allow the continuous background sounds to be staggered and overlapped (same file with alternating, staggerd entrances, never more than two simultaneous playbacks). If you have a 10-second control room hum, which fades in for two seconds and fades out for two seconds, you could have the second iteration begin at 8 seconds delay from the start of the first one. So when the first one begins to fade out, the same file begins again for the second iteration, fading in. This way you could just alternate the same file on a schedule to crossfade and create the continuous amient sound. Maybe a longer, 20-second file would be even better, but the user could create his own file as long as there was this ability to stagger.

If I recall correctly from my audio days, you would also want to use an exponential curve on the fade in/out of the audio file so that the total output is even when the two files are overlapping. And this fade-in/-out function could either be built into SeaHag or could be done on the user end by editing the file itself. So either SeaHag could provide the alternating/staggered playback AND the fade-in/-out, OR it could simply provide the playback element and leave it to the user to select and edit his/her "control room" file to inherently contain the proper fade-in/-out.

Any hope for something like this?

< Message edited by Rangoon -- 4/24/2014 3:04:00 PM >

(in reply to SAMiV2)
Post #: 103
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/24/2014 2:23:40 PM   
mel24

When I load a saved games Sea Hag goes through all the notifications from the original start is there any way to stop this? By the way love Sea Hag.

(in reply to SAMiV2)
Post #: 104
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/26/2014 5:51:32 AM   
bomber1949

mel24 the bottom black box containg the text has two small check boxes called "auto select" and "start at end of file" tick both these boxes and all messages should start at end of all previous messages (works for me anyway)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Bomber

< Message edited by bomber49 -- 4/26/2014 9:02:44 AM >

(in reply to mel24)
Post #: 105
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/28/2014 2:49:22 PM   
Blu3wolf

Mine isnt working... when I save the settings it does not remember them the next time I start seahag. It also gets an unhandled exception trying to find command, and even after setting the location of command manually it keeps looking for command each time.

To go up, pull back on the stick.
To go down, pull back harder...

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.

(in reply to bomber1949)
Post #: 106
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/28/2014 3:40:43 PM   
bomber1949

Blu3wolf

Have you set the location to

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\Logs

If so not sure why the unhandled exception when I tried to set the location wrongly to just

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations without the log at the end

it also threw up the exception fault for me so that's the only reason I am asking but if that's not it best to wait for Sluggy to appear for some advice no doubt he will try and help.

Regards
Bomber

(in reply to Blu3wolf)
Post #: 107
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 4/29/2014 1:43:09 AM   
1nutworld

Love this addition to the Sim. I just installed it tonight and it adds a great touch

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 108
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 6/21/2014 2:53:27 PM   
KewDok

I also love this add-on, it provides a lot of immersion.

I am having problems getting it to work properly, though. It loses what "Side" to read too often, and I am having a hard time getting it to work after first run, eg. if I restart Command and so on. I keep getting speech read out for the other side. Although it is very useful, it is not what I am looking for, hehe...

I have tried deleting the settings folder in appdata and deleting and redownloading the application, but this keep happening again and again.

I have tried filling in side manually, but I have the same issue.

I am currently on Build 546 of command and 1.0e of SeaHag.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 109
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 6/22/2014 12:33:13 PM   
bomber1949

I am having problems getting it to work properly, though. It loses what "Side" to read too often, and I am having a hard time getting it to work after first run, eg. if I restart Command and so on. I keep getting speech read out for the other side. Although it is very useful, it is not what I am looking for, hehe...

I have tried deleting the settings folder in appdata and deleting and redownloading the application, but this keep happening again and again.

I have tried filling in side manually, but I have the same issue.

Hi Krib

I too a while ago found it would lose settings but I found that you had to "stop" SeaHag first to make adjustments then "save" settings also make sure "Auto selector" and "start at end of file" is ticked then save settings, this works OK for me remember anything you adjust save it!
The side to speak (your side only) should not really be needed to input if auto selection player side is ticked but you can still put in the box the side to speak and then "save" remembering to do all this while Seahag is stopped then save.

Saying all this I do get the occasional Hickcup with side speaking or entire log file being spoken from the start but I found if the log file is deleted and started afresh and doing the above adjustments it works fine for most of the time.

If you have done all of the above and still have problems then I have no Idea sorry Sluggy will have to give some advice.

(in reply to KewDok)
Post #: 110
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 6/25/2014 3:55:09 AM   
sluggy2010

Firstly I have been very busy the last few months but back now, and still want to support Command.

The run order for this is VERY finite, Start SeaHag, and click whatever settings you want, then click save settings in SeaHag, then click Start within SeaHag.

Now run Command, and you should be fine. That said just in case things have gone awry over the past few months from patches / text changes I'll check tonight.

To the other posts above -

Bluewolf SeaHag reads from the registry where command is installed, which is the registry setting created by commands install program. This is so it knows where to go for the log-files, if anything blocks registry access that is why it would not find the directory or if the permissions are skewed on the folders - sorry I suggest a reinstall or review of the install there. I can put in an override option there for that one just in case you installed with an admin account etc, only reason I can think of that would cause that.

Pergite - The other post above stating SeaHag only spoke about new contacts a few times if you check the log file that you attached to the post that is all that is in those logfiles - and SeaHag did what it says on the tin - perhaps you have logging turned off for other events?

Rangoon - you must have listened to a lot of sonar echoes to pick up on that microblip - you can just edit the audio file in the seahag directory with a tool of your choice - I thought I caught it mid wave but will clean it up specially for you.

mel24 - as long as start from end of file is checked in SeaHag you should not get a restate of existing messages - again will check to make sure command has not changed how this works. Did you exit command between games? But stay in SeaHag?

I'll check things out over the next couple of days - its possible that the messages I trigger on have changed. I'm going to give SeaHag a sanity check to make sure all is OK

I want to start on another very nice juicy addon I have in the back of my mind for command, but want to check in with the devs and Baloogan before starting so we don't duplicate effort - no clues yet sorry....and I'll make sure we are all good with Haggy before starting, sorry no functionality adds just cleanups.

One last point I added a VERY verbose debug option in SeaHag where full diagnostics are produced if you need to use it please do,

(in reply to KewDok)
Post #: 111
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 7/29/2014 7:43:38 AM   
edfathead

My Hag Has stoped auto Detecting Player side :(

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 112
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/15/2014 12:25:25 AM   
scottb613

Hi Sluggy,

Just getting my feet wet with this Command thing and - wow - what a great little add on you created...

Question - is there a way to teach the MS Narrator how to say things - LOL - it keeps calling my "SSN" contacts "Social Security Numbers" ???

Oh - if you wan some more ambient sound clips - check out this site - the one labeled F-15 combat coms with an E-3 over the Atlantic is fascinating and at a low volume might make a great addition to you little program...
;)

http://www.milaircomms.com/audio_library.html

Regards,
Scott

(in reply to edfathead)
Post #: 113
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/15/2014 3:50:17 PM   
scottb613

Hi Folks,

Oh - this is cool - you can totally customize your sound environment with your own sounds... All you need to do is find some sound sources... Which means if you want different accents or ambient sounds it's fully configurable...

As a test I just added a sample of: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8gl29kyqo5ff66/SCO-florida-acm.mp3

Just add a new line in Sea Hag - point it to the file - and away you go - just dump the sound files in your Sea Hag folder to make it easy - my example is an MP3 and works great...

Only suggestion for the interface is a request to save different configurations... I'm thinking I'd like a config for modern times and a different one for the cold war... Add more teletype sounds for the cold war instead of printers - etc etc etc...

Again - great little program Sluggy...

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 8/15/2014 4:52:20 PM >

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 114
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/15/2014 11:52:40 PM   
scottb613

Hi Folks,

If interested - to correct the hiccups reported in the original control room hum sound file - I found a good sound file and modified it so it loops better - it's a much longer WAV as well - so the transitions are far less often... Just copy my file into your Sea Hag directory - then change the "control room hum.WMA" listed in SH to "SCO-MECHroom_SOUNDDOGS__ba.wav"...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi1p5bs6lvl2vu5/SCO-MECHroom_SOUNDDOGS__ba.wav

Here are the settings I used - I'm happy with the results...

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 8/16/2014 12:53:43 AM >

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 115
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/19/2014 3:42:55 AM   
Stevechase

I must say excellent work. Extremely useful. You really scored with this.

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 116
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/29/2014 3:14:28 PM   
scottb613

Hi Sluggy,

Man - I just can't use Command without your utility - it adds so much...

I've totally customized my setup with all new sound effects - more events - even made a version with teletypes and typewriters for early Cold War scenarios...

While I'm not sure you're still active here - if you ever happen to look at this again - I have a request...

MOD REQUEST: Would it be possible to have Sea Hag automatically exclude all text surrounded by brackets - "[" and "]"... I'm sure the original designers of Command never envisioned their log files being used for audio so as a result - there are some inconsistencies with how the lines are formatted... Sometimes the bracketed info is in the middle of a line - and - I want the data read on both sides of the brackets... I can't figure out a way to do this with the tools you made available...

Thanks so much for such a great addition...

Regards,
Scott

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 8/29/2014 4:19:15 PM >

(in reply to Stevechase)
Post #: 117
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 8/29/2014 3:57:21 PM   
Marder

I have a Request, too.
Would it be possible to implement sounds when you select a unit/ group?
A different sounds for each class would be nice.

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 118
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 9/19/2014 7:00:27 PM   
rwenstrup

Below...

< Message edited by rwenstrup -- 9/19/2014 8:05:32 PM >

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 119
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/19/2014 7:04:13 PM   
rwenstrup

I love the mod...but lately Audrey has stopped talking. I get background noise and voices...but no Audrey. Hope I didn't say the wrong thing...I've come to cherish her updates...

Any suggestions on getting her to talk with me again?

Thanks...

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI