Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/19/2014 9:12:36 PM   
scottb613

Hi...

I've modified my Hag setup extensively so I have some familiarity with the app... One suggestion is set everything back to the defaults by clicking the "Default Speech Grid" and the "Default Sound Geid" buttons - then save your setup... If that doesn't fix it - I believe Audrey is an "Afd-On" voice - I would go back I to the MS Speach utility and we if you can get the voice to work outside the Hag application...

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Scott

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 121
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/20/2014 9:54:57 PM   
rwenstrup

Thanks for the attempted help Scott. I've spent a couple of hours trying to get this to work...reloaded from scratch, etc. Nothing works. Very strange...works on my laptop but not my desktop (a NW Falcon to boot)...Disappointed...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 122
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/21/2014 1:04:47 AM   
scottb613

Hi...

If you are running Win 7 - try typing "Microsoft Narrator" in the search bar - then start the "Microsoft Narrator" program... Can you get your voices to work with that ?

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 123
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/21/2014 2:38:50 AM   
warshipbuilder

quote:

Some suggestions, either for the next version or for anyone doing their own tweaks...

Text to look for:

"ready"
"fire"
"flood"
"seal"
"extinguish"
"lost"
"attack"
"wait"

Could some one please explain EXACTLY what info you need to input to accomplish this. Thanks.

This is a really cool program, takes the game to another level.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 124
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/24/2014 12:45:49 AM   
rwenstrup

Thanks for your efforts to help me. I usually can figure this kind of thing out...but not this time. The Microsoft Narrator could not identify Audrey...and I'm just not familiar enough with this program to figure out what to do. Frustrating...but thanks for the help...

Maybe it'll get updated in the future so it works for me ...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 125
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/24/2014 2:29:25 PM   
scottb613

Hi...

Sorry it didn't work out for you...

Regards,
Scott

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 126
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/24/2014 11:38:33 PM   
scottb613

quote:

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

quote:

Some suggestions, either for the next version or for anyone doing their own tweaks...

Text to look for:

"ready"
"fire"
"flood"
"seal"
"extinguish"
"lost"
"attack"
"wait"

Could some one please explain EXACTLY what info you need to input to accomplish this. Thanks.

This is a really cool program, takes the game to another level.

Hi...

In order to make this a little easier - I created a little spreadsheet with my settings... The HAG interface doesn't allow you to see all the settings at once...

As I understand it - it's simply doing pattern matching so that makes it pretty easy to make changes to customize the environment to your own likings...

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

Post #: 127
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/24/2014 11:40:34 PM   
scottb613

Hi Folks,

OK - only one file per email - so image #2...

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 128
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/24/2014 11:42:13 PM   
scottb613

Finally - the spreadsheet if anyone want to use it... Never mind - the spreadsheet it too large to post...

Anyway to get to your question - I believe HAG processes each line of the log file through every line of the entries in the interface... As you can see - I've done some modifications on my setup... I have sounds I enable such as "teletypes" for cold war scenarios - and - I leave dot matrix printer sounds for newer stuff... This really has a lot of potential...

To read a new type of line - simply add a new record - check "Enabled" - leave the verbosity levels at one and nine - and copy the "FIND" command while substituting your word you want captured... Then test... If you uncheck "start at end of log" and "automatically select log" you can have it read any one of your existing log files to test... I've spent hours trying to make my setup sound realistic - I've found new sound sources and modified the lines being read with "Replace", "Both", and "Reduce" functions... If you need more help - just holler... It takes some trial and error...

The biggest problem I haven't been able to overcome - is the lack of uniformity in the log files with the use of "[ ]" and "( )" to identify specifics... Most of the time the info contained in the brackets or parenthesis is specific nomenclature you really don't want read... A bit more uniformity in their use would really help with this...

Here is the best generic control room sounds I've found and use:

http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/2106/mp3/278826_SOUNDDOGS__ra.mp3

Regards,
Scott

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 9/25/2014 1:24:32 AM >

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 129
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/27/2014 2:03:30 AM   
warshipbuilder

Thanks Scott. I appreciate you taking the time to post that, and particularly the "test" explanation.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 130
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/27/2014 8:57:14 AM   
sluggy2010

Hi I am still here and VERY much following Command ( I check the forums about 4 times a week),

The reason for holding off on posting is I am working on another idea, but basically I have to differentiate SeaHag issues from "my PC is not configured and working" posts.

I know this sounds harsh but it is also fair - if you want more mods...

As rightly pointed out by a couple of the guys ( who do get how this was built - you know who you are... ) I left out a few things on purpose as they were too difficult to pick up for non-technical users.

These items that will be added then SeaHag will become a maintenance only item - i.e. no new changes just recompilations to ensure functionality.

- Regular expressions ( These are an advanced users item - so those of you who get it can help the others - this is how communities work.... )
- Different sound tables ( maybe context based - i.e. map name etc... )

P.S. Congrats on the steam launch chaps.

Regards

Sluggy

Post #: 131
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 9/27/2014 10:02:30 AM   
sluggy2010

Just read through the comments on Steam.

Hmmm - you know that scene at the start of 2001 when the monkeys have not quite got it yet....boom boom boom boom boooommmm....oook!

[Add]

Also this kind of enforces why Matrix and Slitherine exist, this is where we come to find juicy items like Command - and thank god its here.

< Message edited by sluggy -- 9/27/2014 11:09:16 AM >

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 132
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/5/2015 3:13:11 AM   
rjlee

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to Sluggy and others in this thread for a fantastic add-on. I installed the Seahag module Friday night and it worked perfectly with my v1.06 installation. I've spent a bit of time fiddling with the settings (building from scottb613's suggestions above) and I think I have removed most of the irritating TTS quirks arising from the synthetic voices (and added a few features). For voices, I've replaced Microsoft Anna (the default with my Win7 install) with Ivona's "Salli" (American English) and "Nicole" (Australian English), both of which sound much more natural (and may even be superior to AT&T "Audrey", which I have thought was the gold standard for at least ten years). I actually think Salli is a little more natural than Nicole, but might be a little too pleasant for the game environment. (Both are available for 30-day trial from http://www.ivona.com/ -- I've already purchased the "Salli" module for about $35 American.)

Here is a short video with "Nicole": http://youtu.be/4h3FYa_H7-Y
And here is one with "Salli": http://youtu.be/xGrW282fl8c

< Message edited by rjlee -- 1/5/2015 4:55:23 AM >

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 133
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Update... - 1/5/2015 7:45:09 AM   
Wolverine1970

Thanks for amazing add-on.Works fine. Though not very happy with Microsoft Anna voice. Any suggestions where to find 'better' voice ( free )?

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 134
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/5/2015 12:21:22 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjlee
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to Sluggy and others in this thread for a fantastic add-on. I installed the Seahag module Friday night and it worked perfectly with my v1.06 installation. I've spent a bit of time fiddling with the settings (building from scottb613's suggestions above) and I think I have removed most of the irritating TTS quirks arising from the synthetic voices (and added a few features). For voices, I've replaced Microsoft Anna (the default with my Win7 install) with Ivona's "Salli" (American English) and "Nicole" (Australian English), both of which sound much more natural (and may even be superior to AT&T "Audrey", which I have thought was the gold standard for at least ten years). I actually think Salli is a little more natural than Nicole, but might be a little too pleasant for the game environment. (Both are available for 30-day trial from http://www.ivona.com/ -- I've already purchased the "Salli" module for about $35 American.)

Anyone else hearing "Greetings, professor Falken" ?

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 1/5/2015 1:21:37 PM >

(in reply to rjlee)
Post #: 135
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/5/2015 3:45:03 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Anyone else hearing "Greetings, professor Falken" ?

I did, I did.

Would you like to play a game?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 136
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/12/2015 3:10:18 AM   
rwenstrup

I have tried several times to get Audrey to talk...still no go. Any suggestions? Love the mod...used to work...but when I converted to Steam the voice portion stopped working...

Background sounds work fine...

Thanks for any help you can give...

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 137
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/12/2015 9:02:21 AM   
Marder

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjlee

http://www.ivona.com/ -- I've already purchased the "Salli" module for about $35 American.)

Thanks for sharing, i bought "Nicole" - really like "her".
now on the "http://soft.harpo.com.pl" site there stands "download here" (behind the serial) but there is no link!
Does it take a while? The payment was accepted.

//edit: ok ifound it. Had to download the trial version and then activate it with the serial.

//edit: thanks scottb for the example. Maybe you could pack your custom soundfiles and share them with us...

< Message edited by Marder2075 -- 1/12/2015 1:05:03 PM >

(in reply to rjlee)
Post #: 138
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/14/2015 8:34:06 AM   
sluggy2010

Finally got around to finishing the update over Christmas - will post it early next week.

Just got to clean up one workaround bug I noticed in dot.net

Regular expressions are in and working - if you don't know what they are don't worry too much, the default set is better as well including wildcard replacement, but the power is in regex.

The grid table now autosizes and some other bits and pieces. Will put a help sheet together as well.

Probably post it Tuesday/Wednesday next week, then a quick round of cleanup if anything is awry.

Regards

Sluggy

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 139
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/14/2015 11:37:21 AM   
pandoraefretum

Has anyone got a comprehensive pref (setup) whatever it's called file with all the optimum triggers and replacement texts for SeaHag that they can share?
Maybe combining a few players' customized settings to get a comprehensive result?
Thx, Roland

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 140
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/15/2015 7:05:04 PM   
rjlee

Looking forward to it! I'm not much of an expert with regular expressions, but would really be excited to see some more flexibility in parsing the logfile entries for speech purposes. I seem to run into the most trouble when SeaHag tries to read database entry titles, so hopefully there is a good way to build some rules to clean them up.

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 141
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/16/2015 1:55:23 AM   
magi

Thank you rjlee.... I listened to both and decided that I'm going to buy Sally......

(in reply to rjlee)
Post #: 142
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/20/2015 10:11:40 PM   
Swordsman1

I just made an account to say this is a fantastic addon, thanks a lot Sluggy

The program runs very well, and it is quite easy to use. This is definitely going to improve my mornings playing CMANO

Let us now if you ever accept donations, I'll be glad to buy you a drink at least, and I think other players will too

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 143
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/24/2015 4:45:18 AM   
sluggy2010

Sorry about the delay - had some cleaning up to do.

Next version should go up today - or at least the initial version.

If anyone cares to load up a zip of any log files so I can build most of the default issues out in the rulebase then I can save you all some time.

Regards

Sluggy

< Message edited by sluggy -- 1/24/2015 5:54:49 AM >

(in reply to Swordsman1)
Post #: 144
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/24/2015 6:26:05 AM   
Marder

Great to hear, great news.

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 145
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/24/2015 5:01:02 PM   
sluggy2010

Here you go version 1.0f of SeaHag - With regular expressions.

I've stamped out any bugs I can find - so let see how you go, enjoy.

Don't overwrite your old version yet - just in case.....

------------------------------
Quickie instructions

SeaHag Version 1.0f

What does SeaHag do?
SeaHag is a Speech and Ambient sound module for Command Modern Air Navy Operations.

Why call it SeaHag? Command is an honour; respect the role, and it just is....I have my reasons.

------------------------------

What does it need to run?
.NET 4.0 same as CMANO
Either Microsoft Speech - present in most modern versions of Windows by default.
or use eSpeak - http://espeak.sourceforge.net/
or any external speech/other command - use other with care....runs an external process to run any other programs but if you know what you are doing this is VERY powerful, eg transmission to web or syslog or anything else.

------------------------------------

SeaHag uses the CMANO logfiles to monitor the action - so no nasty intrusive programs breaking CMANO - and it does not mess about with CMANO in nasty ways.

However if you cant see information you want spoken in the logs - I cannot process it - so no I cant give you voice response for selecting a unit unless the devs send it to the logs.

Installation -

Extract the zip file to a directory that you want to run SeaHag from - thats it, maybe create a shortcut on your desktop.

Start SeaHag and for the first time only click "Default Speech" and "Default Sounds" then click save settings. < YOU MUST DO THIS PART >

It can autodetect the side selection and can detect side changes when you load a savegame now.

Whats new in 1.0f

- Full expanding editing grid for those with complex rulebases.
- Ability to test speech items and pass a test line immediately through the engine. ( Handy when working with complex lines )
Put the text in the box next to "Parse Line" and click the button "Parse Line" to test how the rules would process the line if found in the log. ( Do a copy and paste from a log file line - it will need the whole line )
- Autodetect savegame loads and skip old messages until the side change is detected.
- New application instance so does not overwrite the old settings files. But does use a new settings file.
- Regular expressions - VERY powerful - and sorry - it may be tricky to understand for the uninitiated, cant change that - its just how things are.
- * wildcard for replace - changes all occurrences in the line ( put the * in the reduce char box )
- created a workaround for Microsoft dotnet library settings not storing fields which contained just a space.

Quickstart -

Run SeaHag - ALWAYS BEFORE CMANO - and let it autodetect and do its piece if starting afresh.

- Or you can turn off "autodetect side" and it will get the announcements of both (all) sides if you really want it.

Only for the first run ....Click DEFAULT SOUND GRID and DEFAULT SPEECH GRID, then click SAVE SETTINGS.
** Note this applies even if you were using an older version ** I could automate this but you never know how people use this so I left it as manual.

Then click "START SeaHag"

SeaHag will look up the CMANO home directory automatically ( from the registry),
it processes the log files automatically and detects new ones on its own and will autoswitch to new log files automatically. ( unless you tell it not to ) by default.

New CheckBoxes on the screen.

AutoDetect Playerside - as it says - allows auto detection of the playerside by SeaHag.

SaveGame Force Wait for Playerside - When SeaHag detects a new logfile it will skip all messages until a side selection line is found, it stops issues when you load a savegame ( Used to cause unwanted messages otherwise )
do not turn this on when autodetect playerside is off - you wont hear anything.

Reset Playerside on new file - If you start a new game then CMANO creates a new logfile and now SeaHag clears the playside so it can pick up the new one.

So you never really need to mess with SeaHag now - it does most things on its own.

=======================

Rule Base Details

Each line read from the logfile is parsed down through the rules changing as it goes.

REDUCE - These rules look for the trigger text then reduce line length ending at the chosen character.

REPLACE - These rules look for the trigger text then replace it with the replacement text - only the 1st occurrence unless you put a * in the reduce char box.
You cannot do a REGEX or a REPLACE with nothing - use a space if you want to remove the item.
Autolimited to a max of 20 replaces when using a wildcard *.

BOTH - Does both actions - a REDUCE then a REPLACE

REGEX - runs a regular expression substitution - advanced substitution of strings.

FIND - allows SeaHag to speak the line - if you do not have a find then SeaHag will not say anything.

REGEX means regular expressions - they are VERY powerful but also hard to learn if you have not seen one before.

I am not going to explain regular expressions here - Good references for REGEX are -

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az24scfc%28v=vs.110%29.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ewy2t5e0%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

And a quick reference card -> here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/2/4/D240EBF6-A9BA-4E4F-A63F-AEB6DA0B921C/Regular%20expressions%20quick%20reference.pdf

There are examples in the default tables, and you can look at those to get used to REGEX lines and how to use them.

If you find them too hard - you can get most of the functionality out of the normal SeaHag functions.
But you will not be able to do some of the clever manipulations of conditional text.

REMEMBER !!! - REDUCES or REPLACES or BOTH or REGEX ( BOTH does a REDUCE then a REPLACE ) - Do NOT trigger speech – only a successful FIND will trigger speech.

Generally REDUCE, REPLACE, BOTH and REGEX do NOT want to have repeat prevention turned on - but I have included the option in case its needed.

It is FINDS - that you would put repeat prevention times on if you find it too chatty.

The speech level box sets the current level of speech and you will notice the rules have a min and max speech level on them - if the level is above the max or below the minimum that rule will not run.

=======================================================

The two tabs Speech and Ambient are the trigger filters.

A line is passed down through each speech filter line unless a STOP ( Last but one column ) is hit.

Reprocess allows you to send the line back to the start of the rules again - auto loop protection is built in at 5 times through the rulebase

*NOTE* That older XP users may also benefit from installing the following Microsoft update for Speech, otherwise you will just get the (very)old Microsoft SAM speech.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=10121

The application setting are stored in
On Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\SeaHag.exe_<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config
On Win 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SeaHag.exe\<identifier>\1.0.0.0\user.config

Back this file up if you have added lots of filters or sounds. May change for version updates.

You can buy advanced voice synthesis from AT&T, I bought the Audrey Voice - the quality is exceptional.
Found it at http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html

========================================================

Use a FIND with a search text of * on its own if you want to find all speech lines – a bit too chatty if you don’t have enough REDUCE filters, other wildcard options are not added as of yet.

The default action of a line is to “CONTINUE” to process the table upon a match, a STOP will stop processing the table at that point.

Use sound files to add effects which trigger just before the speech to increase immersion.

Use a speech REPLACE with the search text of @ to just trigger the sound launch.

The continuous flag for ambient sound will cause the sample to automatically loop constantly, good options here are control room or radio chatter.

The attached samples are good for control room background noises.

The percentage chance of an ambient sound triggering will be tested and if not successful the replay prevention will be added to the next play trigger.

This means that if a sound has a 40% chance of playing and a 60 second replay prevention then if the sound DOES or DOES NOT play the replay prevention will not have the possibility of playing for another 60 seconds.

If you turn off the voice check box and optionally the "more diagnostics" checkbox you can test filters quickly without waiting for the voice to run. **Remember to turn voice back on, or leave it off if you don't want voice and just use the Ambient and Triggered sound options.

*NOTE* The stop button may have to be pressed more that once, the sounds and speech are higher priority that button detection.

Thanks

Thanks to the Devs for such a great simulation.

MP3/MP2/MP1/OGG/WAV/AIFF Files can be used.

In theory the files can be any size, but the smaller the better really.

My Thanks to the creators of the BASS libraries – awesome library guys thanks.

Disclaimer.

SeaHag is provided as is, the use of this software is done so solely at your own risk.
It is a condition of the use of this software that I am not liable for any damage as a result of its use.

Copyright.

You may use this software free of charge. You may not charge for its distribution or profit from its distribution in any way.

You may not reverse engineer or reduce the binary back to source code form. You may not distribute its source code.

You may distribute SeaHag but you may not do so as your own or someone elses work, it took my time to build it.

Thank you.

Sluggy

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sluggy -- 1/24/2015 6:11:15 PM >

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 146
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/24/2015 8:14:15 PM   
Dide

Thanks Sluggy

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 147
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/25/2015 3:50:09 AM   
sluggy2010

Just found some additional radio chatters - if anyone called these out before sorry I missed them. Need converting to mp3 though.

http://www.manchu.org/sounds/

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 148
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/25/2015 7:12:53 AM   
sluggy2010

One last post today as its Australia Day tomorrow

- SeaHag is proudly Australian so here's to the Pacific Century and the Green and Gold.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 149
RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files ... - 1/25/2015 8:16:39 AM   
RafaleKiwi

Good on ya Mate

Thanks for the update, just installed Seahag over Xmas and now an update - I'm spoilt.

Cheers from across the ditch - have a good one

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - files attached Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI