Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Can't start the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Can't start the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Can't start the game - 11/28/2013 1:30:24 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinFrancis
Well boys, I have given yup trying to start on my main games rig, Win 8, three months old, very powerful box. Went back to a three year old Vista laptop.

I installed DW 1.00 no problems, the updated with Return of Shakhturi...still startedK. After Legend it would not start. Never bothered with Shadows.

I don't know what the problem is, the dump file was as shown above in my previous post.

Hi Colin

The error you posted above indicates a problem with the installation - you are missing some required image files. You should reinstall Legends and try again.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Colin_slith)
Post #: 31
RE: Can't start the game - 11/28/2013 1:34:36 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: poerk55
After re-installing I can play the game once or twice before the problem occurs.

win 7, geforce gtx 660 ti, 12 gb ram, 2,67 ghz(8cpus)

If the game now sometimes plays, then you may find that it is now also generating a crash dump file that will tell us why it stops working.

Have a look at the following location for the file and post the contents here in this thread:
C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.20\DW_CrashDump.txt

Note that the username and version number in the above path may be different for you, depending on your version of Legends - just use whatever version shows up at the bottom-left of the startup screen.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to poerk55)
Post #: 32
RE: Can't start the game - 11/28/2013 3:43:35 PM   
poerk55

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: poerk55
After re-installing I can play the game once or twice before the problem occurs.

win 7, geforce gtx 660 ti, 12 gb ram, 2,67 ghz(8cpus)

If the game now sometimes plays, then you may find that it is now also generating a crash dump file that will tell us why it stops working.

Have a look at the following location for the file and post the contents here in this thread:
C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.20\DW_CrashDump.txt

Note that the username and version number in the above path may be different for you, depending on your version of Legends - just use whatever version shows up at the bottom-left of the startup screen.

Thanks
Elliot

I don't have a file called DW_crashdump.txt anywhere. The game doesn't crash, it just doesn't start-up after I click play? Is that why?

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 33
RE: Can't start the game - 11/30/2013 4:45:26 PM   
Lionclaw30

Posting here since there's a thread already.

I have a problem with Distant Worlds: Shadows not starting.

Distant Worlds and the previous expansions start up fine.

Tried without and with the latest update. When attempting to start up the cursor changes to a loading cursor, then back, and nothing more.
I checked in the task manager, and I found a Distant Worlds process.

I tried starting directly via the executable instead of the launcher, same result.

There's no crash file in AppData/Roaming/Code Force Limited/Distant Worlds.

I leave my dxdiag file in this post as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to poerk55)
Post #: 34
RE: Can't start the game - 11/30/2013 6:42:30 PM   
Quoth

Hi All

Have the same problem. Hadn't played for a while and when I clicked on play nothing happened. Uninstalled all three (Distant Words, Return of the Shakturi and Legends) and just reinstalled the base game. Same problem!
Using OS windows 7 64 bit professional.

I've attached the dump file in the hope someone can decipher.

Hope someone can help

Regards

Alan

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lionclaw30)
Post #: 35
RE: Can't start the game - 11/30/2013 9:20:31 PM   
Quoth

Ok sorted, I didn't have windows media player activated!

Many thanks to Matrix support for a VERY quick reply and fix

Regards

Alan

(in reply to Quoth)
Post #: 36
RE: Can't start the game - 12/2/2013 12:35:08 PM   
Lionclaw30

Windows media player is activated, tried setting the Date & Time and keyboard to English (USA), AVG hasn't kidnapped any files. And I've reinstalled a couple of times. Repaired .NET 4.5.1 and the XNA thingy.

Don't know what else to try.

(in reply to Quoth)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Can't start the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI