Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Polite Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Polite Request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Polite Request - 11/11/2013 6:36:30 AM   
warspite1

Ladies and Gents

Can I respectfully and politely ask that there be one AI, one Shipping Costs/Physical Download thread?

I know some of you feel strongly about these issues (and we all have our own opinions) but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, can we have just one thread for each?

On this page alone we have 3 of the former and 3 of the latter. For those of us that want to discuss the game its really annoying to see the forum cluttered with so many different threads all arguing about the same things.

Thank-you.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 1
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 7:23:59 AM   
jerrystead

Request Denied.

< Message edited by jerrystead -- 11/11/2013 8:24:12 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 7:31:14 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerrystead

Request Denied.
warspite1

There was no smiley there so assume you are being serious. How very grown up of you

(in reply to jerrystead)
Post #: 3
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 7:51:32 AM   
juntoalmar

I totally agree with you warspite. I tried to say something similar but in a moment of anger, and in not such polite way.

Not only many threads about the same issue, but other threads spammed with this complaint messages. I think if all these messages (that I respect and understand, but don't want to read every day or read when I'm following a thread about gameplay) where all together in the same thread, if will be quite easier for the rest of us to read about other issues of the game.

Thanks guys.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 4
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:39:29 PM   
DSWargamer

Me, I'm chatted out. Not overly fond of beating dead horses.

I think it has all been said, and discussions of the game are likely going to resume shortly. The items will begin arriving and playings will generally increase. I myself will be waiting for the manuals to dive in.

Short of the program experiencing some monumental catastrophic unforeseen glitch, of the manuals imploding, not sure what else is left to be said. The game isn't actually new, I think several years of sweat and toil likely will mean it will be danged hard to actually rethink the interpretations of the design concepts.

I have a local I might badger into playing, and I have a friend in Texas that sweats cash who might jump at getting the game. But I see myself quietly playing the game, amused it actually finally got here :)

But don't let me prevent some of you lot from being the miserable old men you so desperately enjoy being :)
I think the forum will grow quieter once those of us who have the game are content to play it and leave the forum to those that just want to growl, until of course the next title is released, and they go growl there :)

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 5
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:47:17 PM   
vonRocko

Does anyone know when this game will get an AI?

(in reply to DSWargamer)
Post #: 6
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:48:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

warspite1

No definitive timescale - but its being worked on - along with net play for 6 and the optional rules that did not make it.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 7
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:50:23 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerrystead

Request Denied.
warspite1

There was no smiley there so assume you are being serious. How very grown up of you

I think that he just joined the forum to bash the game!

Tony

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 8
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:52:39 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No definitive timescale - but its being worked on - along with net play for 6 and the optional rules that did not make it.

I'm sorry warspite, that was an attempt at sarcasm. I forgot the emoticon.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 12:56:04 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I'm sorry warspite, that was an attempt at sarcasm. I forgot the emoticon.
warspite1

I suspected it was, but was not sure - also not sure whether, if it was sarcasm, that it was directed at me or someone else. I therefore took the "answer in civil fashion approach".

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 10
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 1:48:07 PM   
Klingon

Agreed, but the request you make should be in the title. Reason being, someone going to post another thread on it isn't interested in your request, without knowing what it is, and they're not going to read through all threads to see if it's already been done, or there wouldn't be a problem.

However, they *do* have to get into the forum, and that will show them the titles of the threads, so at least they have a chance to see it before posting. If they ignore that, I'd start locking each one with a reply of a link to the appropriate thread.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11
RE: Polite Request - 11/11/2013 8:28:09 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

Ladies and Gents

Can I respectfully and politely ask that there be one AI, one Shipping Costs/Physical Download thread?

I know some of you feel strongly about these issues (and we all have our own opinions) but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, can we have just one thread for each?

On this page alone we have 3 of the former and 3 of the latter. For those of us that want to discuss the game its really annoying to see the forum cluttered with so many different threads all arguing about the same things.

Thank-you.

That would make things easier, But I imagine that some feel that starting new threads on the same things makes a difference.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 12
RE: Polite Request - 11/12/2013 12:54:27 AM   
jerrystead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

Ladies and Gents

Thank-you.

That would make things easier, But I imagine that some feel that starting new threads on the same things makes a difference.

This ^

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Polite Request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI