Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 11/12/2013 5:55:43 PM   
Dave3L

My friend Chris and I were trying out the Global War scenario and we ran into issues when he would overrun the Polish ships. It seemed as if the program would fall out of synch, as he would get stuck on the Rebase Overrun Units Digression phase, whereas I, as the Allied Player, would finish that phase and get stuck in the Intercept Moving Units Digression.

Then both our clients would grey out the End SubPhase button.

Is this a bug or did we do something wrong? Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 11/12/2013 8:07:17 PM   
Joseignacio

The ships escape separately. Did you check that you had two disgresions?

And the fall of sync on Slitherin are epic.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/12/2013 9:08:39 PM >

(in reply to Dave3L)
Post #: 2
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 11/12/2013 8:56:40 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave3L

My friend Chris and I were trying out the Global War scenario and we ran into issues when he would overrun the Polish ships. It seemed as if the program would fall out of synch, as he would get stuck on the Rebase Overrun Units Digression phase, whereas I, as the Allied Player, would finish that phase and get stuck in the Intercept Moving Units Digression.

Then both our clients would grey out the End SubPhase button.

Is this a bug or did we do something wrong? Thanks in advance.

This is a bug.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Dave3L)
Post #: 3
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 3:58:33 AM   
bwheatley

yea it's affected us could we please have an eta on the fix? And is there a work around we could do?

This is some of the hi jinx that happens during the naval digression bug. It's like i never got booted off the beta tester squad for being inactive lol. :)

Attachment (1)

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 3:59:59 AM   
bwheatley

Here is the save you can reproduce the issue. Move the german tanks into riga and watch hilarity ensue via netplay.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bwheatley -- 12/4/2013 5:00:16 AM >

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 5
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 4:08:04 AM   
abulbulian

Yes it is a bug. Bill and I ran into it when playing Barbarossa and he had ships in Riga that I overran. Many bugs with this digression phase.

- When option to intercept and successful, nothing happened. Sov side never had any pop-up and Germans saw them as phasing player.
- Interception in Baltic failed, the German player was left with the Sov ship to place (lol). Even thought Sov shown as phasing player. Once ship placed in port game in bad state since Sov player is not phasing and German player is moving.

Very disappointed in the last 48hrs of trying to player MWiF. Had some game crashes around strategic bombing initially. Then had issue when NetPlay forum down for entire day (really? no alerts or automatic log-in tests?). Thus, could not play NetPlay. Now this situation with the naval rebase overrun is a game stopper. No way for the Germans to take Riga without game crashing. Thus, I don't want to continue with a bogus situation by moving around Riga.

The rebasing of overrunning ships in port seems like a basic phase that should have been tested a little more? Bill and I should have stayed more to the course of testing MWiF a while back. But life got in the way for both of us. So I kind of blame both of us for the fail in MWiF as we would have potentially caught this many months ago. Starting to rethink that release might have been a little premature. Sorry, just know what would happen if as a developer I released software into production environment with this many bugs.

Been frustration few days with MWiF, not trying to be a downer so please understand.

Here's the image that shows what occurs when interception failed and the German player became the phasing player to place the Sov BB (Marat) in Parnu.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by abulbulian -- 12/4/2013 5:11:45 AM >

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

Post #: 6
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 4:21:15 AM   
abulbulian

Don't get me wrong, I understand the amount of code involved just to get the game to this point. Lot's a testing and then more regression testing. Want to help make this game a success, kicking or screaming

Also this appears to only be an issue in NetPlay so far in my experiences.

< Message edited by abulbulian -- 12/4/2013 5:25:15 AM >

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 7
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 1:17:57 PM   
gw15

Ah, maybe netplay only as I have no problem playing solitaire.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 8
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 5:01:56 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Don't get me wrong, I understand the amount of code involved just to get the game to this point. Lot's a testing and then more regression testing. Want to help make this game a success, kicking or screaming

not so sure about that - I have this in a solitaire Global War sc, as well when overrunning Greek ships being intercepted by Italians. When not intercepting there is no problem.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 9
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 5:05:45 PM   
gautebirkeli

I also had this in solitaire, so I don't think it's a netplay only issue.

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 10
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 5:07:40 PM   
markb50k

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

not so sure about that - I have this in a solitaire Global War sc, as well when overrunning Greek ships being intercepted by Italians. When not intercepting there is no problem.

what do you mean you have the same issue? The OP said that the issue was that his display and the opponent were stuck and on separate phases. How can you have that in a Solitaire game. I am guessing you are saying you are having a problem with overrunning ships in port. But honestly, that might be a completely unrelated and separate bug than the OP is having, yes?

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 11
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 5:15:38 PM   
Centuur

There are two bugs here. One in Netplay, regarding the overrun of units in port (intercepted or not doesn't matter) and one with regards to the interception of naval units being overrun.

Peter

(in reply to markb50k)
Post #: 12
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 6:04:11 PM   
abulbulian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

There are two bugs here. One in Netplay, regarding the overrun of units in port (intercepted or not doesn't matter) and one with regards to the interception of naval units being overrun.

Correct!

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 13
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 12/4/2013 8:25:24 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Correct!

Indeed

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 14
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 1/23/2014 9:08:39 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Yes it is a bug. Bill and I ran into it when playing Barbarossa and he had ships in Riga that I overran. Many bugs with this digression phase.

- When option to intercept and successful, nothing happened. Sov side never had any pop-up and Germans saw them as phasing player.
- Interception in Baltic failed, the German player was left with the Sov ship to place (lol). Even thought Sov shown as phasing player. Once ship placed in port game in bad state since Sov player is not phasing and German player is moving.

Very disappointed in the last 48hrs of trying to player MWiF. Had some game crashes around strategic bombing initially. Then had issue when NetPlay forum down for entire day (really? no alerts or automatic log-in tests?). Thus, could not play NetPlay. Now this situation with the naval rebase overrun is a game stopper. No way for the Germans to take Riga without game crashing. Thus, I don't want to continue with a bogus situation by moving around Riga.

The rebasing of overrunning ships in port seems like a basic phase that should have been tested a little more? Bill and I should have stayed more to the course of testing MWiF a while back. But life got in the way for both of us. So I kind of blame both of us for the fail in MWiF as we would have potentially caught this many months ago. Starting to rethink that release might have been a little premature. Sorry, just know what would happen if as a developer I released software into production environment with this many bugs.

Been frustration few days with MWiF, not trying to be a downer so please understand.

Here's the image that shows what occurs when interception failed and the German player became the phasing player to place the Sov BB (Marat) in Parnu.

Ara,

Bill posted his saved game for this problem in post #5. Do you have the matching saved game from your side?

Steve

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 15
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 1/30/2014 3:55:07 PM   
kjgokc2007

We had the same issue with NET play and overrun/port attacked ship not being rebased correctly. The country attacking shows navel units still in the ports that were attacked. (Probably extends to over run units as well)

We found a dirty fix for it... Copy any auto save Game from the side that shows the units rebased correctly (the non-phasing side) and email it to your buddy and restore the game from that point.

Example:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis\Land Movement.GAM

Kenny

(in reply to Dave3L)
Post #: 16
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 1/30/2014 5:06:16 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: kjgokc

We had the same issue with NET play and overrun/port attacked ship not being rebased correctly. The country attacking shows navel units still in the ports that were attacked. (Probably extends to over run units as well)

We found a dirty fix for it... Copy any auto save Game from the side that shows the units rebased correctly (the non-phasing side) and email it to your buddy and restore the game from that point.

Example:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis\Land Movement.GAM

Kenny

That's a very nice way to go around this bug. I'm really impressed (but thinking about it, it's logical, since the player who saved that game might want to be able to copy it to another computer)... Now, this might also be the solution with some other bugs in Netplay.

Peter

(in reply to kjgokc2007)
Post #: 17
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 1/30/2014 5:47:08 PM   
paulderynck

If both players are using the same save, how does MWiF know who is playing which side? And wouldn't both computers be able to make moves for both sides?

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 18
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 2/8/2014 7:04:01 AM   
oleb

The bug with interception combat ending the rebases and leaving opposing ships in the captured hex is still present in 1.1.2. Playing solitaire. CW captured Kiel. CW ships in Baltic intercepted one of the rebasing GE ships. After a round of combat the game dropped back to CW advance after combat. I have a savegame from start of the turn.

Ktarn

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 19
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 2/8/2014 6:47:13 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ktarn

The bug with interception combat ending the rebases and leaving opposing ships in the captured hex is still present in 1.1.2. Playing solitaire. CW captured Kiel. CW ships in Baltic intercepted one of the rebasing GE ships. After a round of combat the game dropped back to CW advance after combat. I have a savegame from start of the turn.

The saved game would be very helpful. But I would need the saves from both players, with those games having matching Next Entry #s.

If you could describe the steps for me to take after restoring the game(s) in order to recreate the problem, that would be great!

Steve

(in reply to oleb)
Post #: 20
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 2/8/2014 9:56:20 PM   
oleb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The saved game would be very helpful. But I would need the saves from both players, with those games having matching Next Entry #s.

If you could describe the steps for me to take after restoring the game(s) in order to recreate the problem, that would be great!

I am playing solitaire, not netplay. The problem is that rebasing digression ends after interception combat. Leaving enemy ships in the captured hex. If you still need a savegame, let me know and I can recreate the situation.

Ktarn

Post #: 21
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 2/9/2014 12:39:24 PM   
oleb

I took time out of my busy schedule (watching the olympics) and managed to reproduce the bug.

To reproduce:
Skip fwd, choose blitz, and let CW advance into Kiel.
Intercept a rebasing ship and sink it in naval air.
Continue naval combat.
Both searches unsuccesful.
The game drops back into advance after combat, not rebase digression.

I used random die rolls for interception (two tries) and the naval combat. I changed interface settings to "Set die rolls" before continuing, and set both search rolls to 10.

Attachment (1)

Ktarn

(in reply to oleb)
Post #: 22
RE: NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships - 2/9/2014 1:42:13 PM   
Centuur

Yes, the Olympics are really nice... One gold medal on the 3 K today and yesterday it was a complete Dutch victory (1-2-3) on the 5 K speedskating. Very succesfull start for the Dutch olympic team...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 2/9/2014 2:42:40 PM >

Peter

(in reply to oleb)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> NetPlay Bug When Overrunning Ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI