Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: netplay issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: netplay issue - 11/23/2013 9:48:02 AM   
delatbabel

I would say that if there is a single TCP connection between the game and the forum, and that if the game dies when the TCP connection dies, then that's a problem. There needs to be a procedure to reconnect and re-establish the connection when (not if) it dies. TCP sockets are a fragile thing, great for short burst traffic with some reliability, but long running connections are prone to dropping out for any number of reasons. Any program that requires a long running client to server connection usually does it with a connection pool whose members are capable of restarting automatically when one of the connections die.

--
Del

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 61
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 6:00:53 AM   
Patrick31

Thank you for releasing the v1.04 update over the week end.... unfortunately my issue is still there "unable to connect to seeking opponent database" what a frustration !!!!

I would appreciate if further support could be provided. Thanks in advance

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 62
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 7:28:44 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIFinToulouse

Thank you for releasing the v1.04 update over the week end.... unfortunately my issue is still there "unable to connect to seeking opponent database" what a frustration !!!!

I would appreciate if further support could be provided. Thanks in advance

There is a beta tester with the same problem on one of his computers/serial numbers - but the other doesn't have the problem. I'm working with him to figure this out.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Patrick31)
Post #: 63
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:55:50 AM   
jesperpehrson

My brother and I are having the same issue. We cannot start a netplaygame. The game always starts on my computer but never on his after we have connected in the lobby so to speak.

Hoping for a quick fix.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 64
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 10:37:50 AM   
Cunki

For me the same, the 1.0.4 patch doesn´t solve the problem with Netplay!
Sorry!

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
Post #: 65
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 1:02:19 PM   
Kuz

I still get "Unable to access Seeking Opponent Database" after upgrade to 1.0.4.

(in reply to Cunki)
Post #: 66
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 3:04:48 PM   
Furbet

Also still get "Unable to access" with version 1.0.4

(in reply to Kuz)
Post #: 67
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 3:11:51 PM   
gw15

I'm now running 1.04. The disconnect error has gone away. Very good.
I have 2 entries on the list and I want to delete one. I click on one, write delete in the lower left panel. Click on seeking opponent - reply. It then tells me I can't delete because I did not create the post. but it's my own post.
What am I doing wrong?
Second issue (probably me) - If I see a player name that is currently on-line iin the upper left panel - how do you send a message? They are not listed in the seeking opponents list.
How do you know a message was sent to a player that is on the list? I highlight a player, Type something in New Message, click send message. I get no confirmation that anything was sent. My message is still written at the bottom. Perhaps it is only sent to the on-line players?

(in reply to Kuz)
Post #: 68
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 5:31:52 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

I have 2 entries on the list and I want to delete one. I click on one, write delete in the lower left panel. Click on seeking opponent - reply. It then tells me I can't delete because I did not create the post. but it's my own post.
What am I doing wrong?
Second issue (probably me) - If I see a player name that is currently on-line iin the upper left panel - how do you send a message? They are not listed in the seeking opponents list.
How do you know a message was sent to a player that is on the list? I highlight a player, Type something in New Message, click send message. I get no confirmation that anything was sent. My message is still written at the bottom. Perhaps it is only sent to the on-line players?

The default is that "sent messages" go to all on-line players. If a player isn't on-line, then they won't see the message.

I'll add some feedback for this, stating who received the message. It's my fault for not having this in the program already.

Steve

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 69
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 5:33:05 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

What am I doing wrong?

I'll do some testing on the Delete issue. I also want to add a button for deleting posts so the process is both easier and obvious.

Steve

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 70
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 5:35:04 PM   
JR5555

quote:

Issue is resolved for me also.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 71
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 5:49:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

There are 4 people working on this: myself, a beta tester, and two people at Matrix. Once we get this fixed, we'll produce an update.

Steve

(in reply to Furbet)
Post #: 72
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 6:27:41 PM   
gw15

Excellent Steve! there is no doubt in my mind that you guys will figure it out and fix everything.
With the computer version, manuals, and maps this is all a work of art.

Someone did respond to my message! Progress. However, to see them they pop up when "seeking posts". Not when using the "message" button under "messages from on-line Players".
If anyone wants to try arranging a game and time please PM me. I'm CST. I can play any scenario and any optional rule.

Post #: 73
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 6:32:47 PM   
Karlima

Hello

This is my first post in here and I do apologize for any lack of understanding how this works.

I have experienced the issue of not been able to seek out opponents in the netplay forum. I have got it working now and I think my problem was not having a registered Slytherine account before choosing netplay. After having read the posts i havent been able to find any notion on this.

Have u all registered twice (once to WIF and once to Slytherine)before choosing netplay?

I apologize if this has already been addressed or is implicitly understood in what have been written already.

Post #: 74
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 6:40:06 PM   
gw15

I don't remember registering twice. But I see you on the netplay player list now so you must have figured it out.

(in reply to Karlima)
Post #: 75
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 7:20:50 PM   
Patrick31

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karlima

I have experienced the issue of not been able to seek out opponents in the netplay forum. I have got it working now and I think my problem was not having a registered Slytherine account before choosing netplay. After having read the posts i havent been able to find any notion on this.

Have u all registered twice (once to WIF and once to Slytherine)before choosing netplay?

registered my serial number at Slitherine (but with a different user name) unfortunately that did not improve the situation.... still "unable to connect to opponenet database".... was worth to try

< Message edited by WIFinToulouse -- 11/24/2013 8:37:56 PM >

(in reply to Karlima)
Post #: 76
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 7:21:56 PM   
paulderynck

It certainly could be. Check the Netplay.txt file. Try a different user name.

Paul

(in reply to Patrick31)
Post #: 77
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 7:49:02 PM   
Patrick31

hourra !!!!

i'm in haha

so to solve the issue (thanks to the community) I registered an account at Slitherine web site. As I could not use the same name as I used to register for NetPlay I had to change my NetPlay name by opening the netPlayReg.txt file (in the default WIF folder).
Once I had the same user name on the NetPlay and on the Slitherine web site I could log in NetPlay without the error message.

An alert should be posted because I know many others have this problem.

thanks folks....
ready for Barbarossa if anyone is interested .... (very happy man here)

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 78
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 7:50:38 PM   
Karlima

I have tried to reproduce the screen to get at screen dumb but was unsuccessful.

It was the screen where u were could register for the forum. Right above that was a link that said something the like of: ..register here to Slitherine (now with corrected spelling, thx WIFinToulouse). The 'here' was the link i followed.

Hope it helps

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 79
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:11:42 PM   
robertl123456

Me and my friend tried the Barbarossa again tonight with the new update (1.0.4) to see if the NetPlay problem was resolved (for us). The game started on the first try, which is an improvment. But in the Combat resolution phase the game was not able to continue. Germany was choosing combat but nothing happend when he pressed the button for selecting combat. Our best quess is that NetPlay lost its connection (we are using Skype as we play). So we tried to save the game (on both computers) to try and restart the game. But neither of us could get NetPlay to initiate the saved game. It is very frustrating to play for hours, save the game and than it cant be continued at a later time. For us, two issues are important to fix:

1) Connection between game and NetPlay servers
2) Being able to load saved NetPlay games

Hopeing for a swift remedy

(in reply to Karlima)
Post #: 80
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:16:19 PM   
paulderynck

There is a place to view the game record log numbers on the saved files. Both PCs need to have a file with matching game record log numbers in order to resume. Perhaps an earlier save will match on both. You may have to check the Autosave folder to find one.

Edited to correct a humorous mis-spell that passed spell check.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 11/24/2013 9:17:44 PM >

Paul

(in reply to robertl123456)
Post #: 81
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:21:49 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

To flesh out Paul's reply, ...

When you go to the restore a saved game, the panel on the far right shows the Next Entry #. That has to be the same on both computers. The program checks the scenario, player names, and the Next Entry # to make sure both players are restoring the game at the same point.

Steve

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 82
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:31:58 PM   
robertl123456

Thanks for the answers. Do all players need to save the game on their own computer in order to be able to load and continue at a later stage? It makes more sense if a "master" save (with all players name in NetPlay) is load and sends to necessary info to the other computers.

Post #: 83
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:38:05 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertl123456

Thanks for the answers. Do all players need to save the game on their own computer in order to be able to load and continue at a later stage? It makes more sense if a "master" save (with all players name in NetPlay) is load and sends to necessary info to the other computers.

A save needs to be made on each computer. Each save is specific for the player making it (i.e., Axis versus Allied).

Steve

(in reply to robertl123456)
Post #: 84
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 8:38:27 PM   
gw15

At 5pm CST 2 of us will try to initiate a game. Not sure exactly what the sequence of steps to do that but we will try.
I'm really excited!!!

Post #: 85
RE: netplay issue - 11/24/2013 9:10:03 PM   
Zorachus99

Can we assume that if things get out of sync, we can fall back to an auto-save that is in synchrony?

If so, I'll give multi-player another try, after my last abysmal failure to understand how to start a game.

Edit for wrong quote:

< Message edited by Zorachus99 -- 11/24/2013 10:10:55 PM >

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 86
RE: netplay issue - 11/25/2013 12:24:14 AM   
gw15

Game started fine but during the Russian first turn the bug form came up during air/naval combat rolling for search. I sent the bug form and hit continue. The game then would not continue. We tried to restore and we made sure the Entry number matched and the game number all matched. We both restored and put us in the netplay forum but no game started. We could not get our saved game to play.
Up until that point the game worked great with no hesitation.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 87
RE: netplay issue - 11/25/2013 5:17:36 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

Can we assume that if things get out of sync, we can fall back to an auto-save that is in synchrony?

If so, I'll give multi-player another try, after my last abysmal failure to understand how to start a game.

Edit for wrong quote:

Yes. You can go back to the autosaves and look for a game with the same entry number on both computers. If you both restore that game, you should be able to proceed.

Peter

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 88
RE: netplay issue - 11/25/2013 8:15:24 PM   
gw15

Centuur - in my game we tried and had the same entry number and game number but it did not work. All it would do is take us to the netplay forum sign-in, which we did, and then just sit there. Was there something else we were supposed to do?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 89
RE: netplay issue - 11/25/2013 9:35:40 PM   
Furbet

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIFinToulouse

hourra !!!!

i'm in haha

so to solve the issue (thanks to the community) I registered an account at Slitherine web site. As I could not use the same name as I used to register for NetPlay I had to change my NetPlay name by opening the netPlayReg.txt file (in the default WIF folder).
Once I had the same user name on the NetPlay and on the Slitherine web site I could log in NetPlay without the error message.

An alert should be posted because I know many others have this problem.

thanks folks....
ready for Barbarossa if anyone is interested .... (very happy man here)

quote:

Slitherine

Also solved the issue for me, from the main WIF load screen - click on register then changed netplayreg.txt to match and seeking opo. error resolved.

(in reply to Patrick31)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> RE: netplay issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI