Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Future of shipping to Europe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Future of shipping to Europe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 10:08:34 AM   
javimm

Hi.
Long time lurker here. I've been monitoring the forums since MWIF was announced who knows hoy many years ago . I had a WiF copy that I sold because the computer game was going to be released and I didn't have the space to play it anyway. Opponents were difficult to find too.

Now that the game is finally released, I'd love to buy it, but having read all threads about shipping to Europe (I live in Spain) I have to say no. Too high shipping charges plus spanish customs charging 25% for every package they pass trhough them which value including shipping is more than 30 euro is just too much for me to invest in a game.

I've read though that a European distribution infraesctructure is in the making, so I'd like to know if the game will be indeed shipped from Europe in the near future (february/march is mentioned) in order to avoid customs and high shipping rates. How much would the shipping be from this european distributor (if it can be estimated now)?
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 2:15:57 PM   
Numdydar

Dis you see this thread?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3468489
You may not have to pay the extra costs based on what they say here.

(in reply to javimm)
Post #: 2
RE: Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 4:41:53 PM   
javimm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Dis you see this thread?

You may not have to pay the extra costs based on what they say here.

Thank you for pointing out that thread. I'm quite sure that spanish customs will stop the package and charge me +25% (VAT+Import duties+whatever they feel) on top of the price game PLUS shipping. Customs law changed as it was quite lax some years ago, but now they are charging every package over 30 euro. I don't want to take the chance and I won't, so the only way I have of buying this game is from that hypothetical european dealer, so I won't be charged customs and an outrageous shipping cost.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 3
RE: Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 5:04:23 PM   
albricias

Hi, Javimm, this is also from Spain, with worse english than yours.

I agree with you about nowadays spanish's customs procedures. I'll wait until Matrix gets an european warehouse.

Please, Matrix hurry up that euopean dealer; I think we are no few potential buyers in Europe waiting for that.

(in reply to javimm)
Post #: 4
RE: Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 5:23:35 PM   
goulash

Just received my package and no extra cost involved in the UK

(in reply to albricias)
Post #: 5
RE: Future of shipping to Europe - 11/18/2013 6:25:26 PM   
Numdydar

Matrix has tried to reduce these fees by stating the package is books and backup DVD. I have no idea if that will make any difference

Matrix has stated that the new Eurpoean disbrituation center will not be ready untl Feb/Mar timeframe. Matrix lost their old distribuation center through no fault of their own . So you either will have to wait 3-4 months or order the game and hope your customs allow the package to come in without any extra fees.

(in reply to goulash)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Future of shipping to Europe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI