Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Car

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Command Car Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Car - 3/3/2001 8:11:00 AM   
Gavris Narcis

Hello ! What is the role/function of a Command Car ? Narcis.

Post #: 1
- 3/3/2001 8:39:00 AM   
Figmo

Cannon fodder!! Sorry - I don't have a clue - but couldn't help myself!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Gavris Narcis)
Post #: 2
- 3/3/2001 8:42:00 AM   
McGib

The same as it had during the war, move the C.O. around. Assuming you can get your HQ squad in it you can do the same in the game.

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 3
- 3/3/2001 8:44:00 AM   
Viriato

hello all , well it has two functions ... one - it's a staff car , mainly for roads and open country , it cant carry big loads two - IT'S CHEAP , so you can buy a number of them in the beguining for you core units and later on replace them with apropiate veicles ------------------ A sorte protege os audazes

A sorte protege os audazes

Post #: 4
- 3/3/2001 11:37:00 AM   
Drex

I believe the command car has 2 machine guns, but the scout car only one. I often use it to carry FO's or AT units to the front.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 5
- 3/3/2001 11:50:00 AM   
Flashfyre

In most OOBs, the command car is just that....a car. And one that can only carry 2 men. How many units in this game are 2-man units? Let's see.....recon team, bazooka/ATR team. Or 2 snipers..... And would any of these, in reality, ride around in a personal car? I don't think so..... So, IMHO, tha command car is useless in and of itself. Granted, you can buy it at the beginning of a campaign, and turn it into a halftrack or truck or such....but otherwise, not worth a dang thing. Unless WB and the guys are planning on creating a new unit, the Brigade/Regiment/Division Commander. A 2-man unit, with very high values in command ratings, and a cost similar to the HQ. Imagine.......a scenario where you get to have Rommel, or Monty, or Patton, or Guderian, or Zhukov riding into battle with you! Increased command points, higher rally potential, better OBA response than an FO......oh, the possibilities.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

Post #: 6
- 3/3/2001 12:31:00 PM   
Bonzo

It can be used in scenario design with themes like exfiltrating spys, protecting a visiting general from a surprise enemy attack, etc. with the editor, names of things & their manpower count may be changed, so a staff car can become a taxi, or a limosine. Use your imagination & edit away.

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Command Car Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI