Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without s... - 12/2/2013 4:47:14 PM   
hardcoregamer

If a race has become a Subjugated Dominion, then can I send ships through its space without triggering war? And what about free trade? Do I get that also?
Post #: 1
RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions witho... - 12/2/2013 7:23:00 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

If a race has become a Subjugated Dominion, then can I send ships through its space without triggering war? And what about free trade? Do I get that also?

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game with a test file name and then send some ships through to see what happens, it it is a large empire that is subjugated then I may even be able to monitor the credits influx, have a look at the diplomacy screen and work out if the free trade is available due to the time it takes for the ship(s) to travel through the other empires space.

Much more in the spirit of exploration then stopping every five minutes to ask 'what happens if I press this button' and waiting for someone to give me the answers.

Darkspire

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions witho... - 12/2/2013 7:26:50 PM   
hardcoregamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game with a test file name and then send some ships through to see what happens, it it is a large empire that is subjugated then I may even be able to monitor the credits influx, have a look at the diplomacy screen and work out if the free trade is available due to the time it takes for the ship(s) to travel through the other empires space.

Much more in the spirit of exploration then stopping every five minutes to ask 'what happens if I press this button' and waiting for someone to give me the answers.

Darkspire

But what if I press the wrong button and everything blows up :(

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions witho... - 12/2/2013 7:34:34 PM   
garfield666

quote:

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 4
RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions witho... - 12/2/2013 7:35:53 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

But what if I press the wrong button and everything blows up :(

Then you will have learned from your own experience not to press that button and will feel a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment, a feeling you will not get from using experience and past actions from others.

Darkspire

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 5
RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions witho... - 12/2/2013 7:41:15 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: garfield666

quote:

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game

It would seem the OP is at a point in a game he does not to 'muck up', so he asked a question as to what would happen if he did, so therefor I suggested to save the game so if things did not work out he could go back to that save and load it with that warm fuzzy feeling I spoke of as he has learned something under his own steam and bravado.

Darkspire

(in reply to garfield666)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI