Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/5/2013 11:39:09 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a list of all the industries that are failing. One because of a lack of oil and the rest for lack of resources. There's a real
lack of resources going on.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 31
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/5/2013 11:52:31 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a list of the off-map bases and the goodies they have. I'm leaving the east coast bases to Jim to draw from and I'm going to draw
from Aden, Abadan, Cape Town, and Mombasa until they run out of goodies and then I'll start my main draw from Pearl. Or I mean
Pago Pago. It seems that Jim is going to convey stuff to PP and I'll pick up stuff at PP and convey it to Brisbane. What a team. I don't
expect the off-map areas to run out anytime soon so we may have six months worth of stuff to come out of Cape Town for instance.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 32
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/5/2013 11:56:20 PM   
DOCUP

Damn you guys are taking this seriously. Maybe I should too. Good luck. This will be fun.

Post #: 33
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/5/2013 11:57:42 PM   
DOCUP

Are you guys going to fly any troops around the DEI or any other bases early in the game? I like to fly out the Chinese transports squadron and move Dutch troops around with it.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 34
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:00:58 AM   
witpqs

You probably ought to turn off repair of all industries in China.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 35
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:01:09 AM   
larryfulkerson

As you can see from the chart there's a lot of repair that needs to happen. I'm going to have to devote some time looking through all
the Resource Center cities and for those I have responsibility for I need to get some engineers to them and get those RC's repaired
asap. Industry is failing for Pete's sake.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 36
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:01:53 AM   
moore4807

DOCUP,

Larry and John both made the suggestion to post our thoughts and plans here, as both a guide and a review for others on what (or NOT!) to do

Glad your aboard and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

6.4 has all the updates so even we don't know all the surprises yet... We know from 6.3 there is more French DD's and subs than ever before. Symon made a bunch of tweaks to aircraft, and were going to have to study those carefully too.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 37
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:04:39 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
You probably ought to turn off repair of all industries in China.

That's a really good idea. China is hurting for supplies and the last thing China needs right now is an intergalactic Space Program.
Good catch. I'll get busy turning them off just as soon as the game begins. I've just been looking around the scenario getting up to
speed so to speak. John is doing his moves even as we speak and Jim and I expect to receive them tonight sometime or maybe early
in the morning. It's 18:04 local on the 5th of Dec 2013 and I'll let you know when it's game on.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 38
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:07:30 AM   
moore4807

Larry,

Since I still havent worked out the kinks in my tracker (YES I know it's the Java program - every time I try to load the v6 the d*mn program somehow updates overnight to v7, even with the updates turned off!!!)

Anyway can you post Tracker reports here after you get back the turn from John?

Someday I'll figure out the problem - or simply switch this game to my new laptop when I get it for Christmas!

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 39
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:18:42 AM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Are you guys going to fly any troops around the DEI or any other bases early in the game? I like to fly out the Chinese transports squadron and move Dutch troops around with it.

Thats Larry's area of Ops... I don't know how you would do that without buying out the transports (Cross Borders?). I don't see us having a lot of PP available early. There's pilot training and changing of commanders that will probably be the early draw down on PP's

BUT you know more than we do( +2000 posts) , so can you explain it to us?

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 40
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:27:44 AM   
DOCUP

If your HR is to change command to and unrestricted command. That's fine there is an unrestricted command China air task force. Its the HQ that the flying tigers are under. It will cost 12 points to change the command. The squadron has 21 planes in it. It helps to fly out fragments of units to rebuild later or build up small bases. I really like it saves ships and you can move restricted units around without ships. DEI is a good place for them. I was able to save 2 Indian BDEs that got cut off from Singers in my game. Ambon is a good place for a speed bump, if you get there quick enough.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 41
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:30:29 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Damn you guys are taking this seriously. Maybe I should too. Good luck. This will be fun.

Um.....Maybe I'm taking this seriously right at the moment because I don't have anything else to do. I mean if I was in possession of
John's moves then I'd be assigning TF's and loading / docking / unloading them at various ports and actually taking a good look at the
condition of the various squadrons on the fighting line and maybe looking at some of the bases near the fighting to see if there is any
damage accumulating that needs some more engineers or maybe monitoring the movement of the LCU's to their various destinations
as I probably will have about three dozen different trips to monitor. Thank God for Tracker.

quote:

Actually I was hoping to be able to string those idle bombers and transports in a line from India to China to move supplies. Flying
supplies over the hump like they did in the real war. Just another way to boost the supply level somewhat. Another thing I could do
is get the Resource Centers repaired and then repair the Resources industries that pump out supplies. Somebody has got to do it.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 42
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:37:50 AM   
moore4807

quote:

If your HR is to change command to and unrestricted command. That's fine there is an unrestricted command China air task force. Its the HQ that the flying tigers are under. It will cost 12 points to change the command. The squadron has 21 planes in it. It helps to fly out fragments of units to rebuild later or build up small bases. I really like it saves ships and you can move restricted units around without ships. DEI is a good place for them. I was able to save 2 Indian BDEs that got cut off from Singers in my game. Ambon is a good place for a speed bump, if you get there quick enough.

Larry,

This is good stuff DOCUP gave us. For 12 PP's its definitely worth it to save troops for later... but its your theatre of Operations

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 43
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:38:38 AM   
DOCUP

Have you thought about doing the push/pull supply from Rangoon to Paoshan?

Post #: 44
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:39:53 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807
Larry,

Since I still haven't worked out the kinks in my tracker (YES I know it's the Java program - every time I try to load the v6 the d*mn program somehow updates overnight to v7, even with the updates turned off!!!)

Anyway can you post Tracker reports here after you get back the turn from John?

Someday I'll figure out the problem - or simply switch this game to my new laptop when I get it for Christmas!

Maybe your Tracker invoker batch file uses the naked "java" instead of specifying the Java6 "java" that you need.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 45
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:48:56 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Have you thought about doing the push/pull supply from Rangoon to Paoshan?

Um...I did a map search to find Paoshan and I already knew where Rangoon was so I'm seeing roads / rail leading between the two
and I think you're implying moving supplies from Rangoon to Paoshan via the land route. Feeding supplies into the network by landing
your transports at Rangoon. That's the sticking point right there. Rangoon is within range of Jap bombers, or soon will be, and I'd
a whole lot rather land the transports at Calcutta even though it's a lot further away to go. Either that or build up a big enough port
someplace on the Indian coast closer to the action. But that would take 2 months or more.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 46
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:50:48 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

quote:

Larry,

This is good stuff DOCUP gave us. For 12 PP's its definitely worth it to save troops for later... but its your theatre of Operations

No pressure or anything.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 47
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 12:55:42 AM   
DOCUP

Lol. Remember you got some Dutch transports, a lot of flying boats that can transport troops in DEI also. Larry yes carry supplies over land from Rangoon to Paoshan. Yes Rangoon is within Jap AC range but its worth it to push supplies into Rangoon. Are you all playing with the new Burma and Chinese roads? If so this might not work. Also are you all thinking of buying out some Chinese units and rebuilding them in India?

Post #: 48
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:06:35 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Lol. Remember you got some Dutch transports, a lot of flying boats that can transport troops in DEI also.

I can use the Dutch transports to beef up the LCU's defense in Palembang, moving Dutch troops from Java.

quote:

Larry yes carry supplies over land from Rangoon to Paoshan.

It was just a good guess.

quote:

Yes Rangoon is within Jap AC range but its worth it to push supplies into Rangoon.

Okay, but the first ship lost is the signal to move operations to Calcutta.

quote:

Are you all playing with the new Burma and Chinese roads? If so this might not work.

Yes we are. I don't know myself what the difference is between stock and RA 6.4 reguarding the roads. What
differences do you anticipate?

quote:

Also are you all thinking of buying out some Chinese units and rebuilding them in India?

I'm guessing that Jim won't go for buying a lot of Chinese units ( but India is a good place to rebuld them ). We'll have to run this
idea past him because it sounds expensive and I'm guessing he's going to want to go for the West Coast LCU's first of all. Just
a guess.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 49
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:11:48 AM   
DOCUP

Buying a Chinese LCU can be expensive. If they are beaten to death they will be dirt cheap. They will also become strong units, once it is filled out. With the Dutch AF if you withdraw them they will come back at Aden and I think unrestricted. I have several Dutch squadrons flyin in late 43. Mostly the flying boats on ASW or NavS.

Post #: 50
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:15:46 AM   
DOCUP

JWE said the roads will slow down the tempo so I would assume that troops and supplies will move slow. Not trying to be bossy or tell you how to run your game. Just talking I am bored.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 51
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:15:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a list of the best leaders for a TF according to Tracker. Good to know who to assign next time we have an important TF.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 52
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:17:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

JWE said the roads will slow down the tempo so I would assume that troops and supplies will move slow.

D'oh. Another handicap for the Allied side. Well it'll impact him as well I guess.

quote:

Not trying to be bossy or tell you how to run your game. Just talking I am bored.

No worries. I thought you were fun. Keep up the banter. Can't hurt.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 53
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:21:56 AM   
DOCUP

If the roads work the right. I think it will help both sides out. Also build up the Southern India bases as early as you can. I didn't do that in my game and I'm paying for it. Ramree Island is a good spot to put a hurting on the Japs.

Post #: 54
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:33:02 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

If the roads work the right. I think it will help both sides out.

Good to know. Thanks.

quote:

Also build up the Southern India bases as early as you can. I didn't do that in my game and I'm paying for it.

You sound like you mean it. So I'll look into it. Should be easy to do w/ all the engineers hanging around looking
for something to do.

quote:

Ramree Island is a good spot to put a hurting on the Japs.

I'm going to have to look that up. I have no idea where it is.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 55
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:33:10 AM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

Lol. Remember you got some Dutch transports, a lot of flying boats that can transport troops in DEI also.

I can use the Dutch transports to beef up the LCU's defense in Palembang, moving Dutch troops from Java.

quote:

Larry yes carry supplies over land from Rangoon to Paoshan.

It was just a good guess.

quote:

Yes Rangoon is within Jap AC range but its worth it to push supplies into Rangoon.

Okay, but the first ship lost is the signal to move operations to Calcutta.

quote:

Are you all playing with the new Burma and Chinese roads? If so this might not work.

Yes we are. I don't know myself what the difference is between stock and RA 6.4 reguarding the roads. What
differences do you anticipate?

quote:

Also are you all thinking of buying out some Chinese units and rebuilding them in India?

I'm guessing that Jim won't go for buying a lot of Chinese units ( but India is a good place to rebuld them ). We'll have to run this
idea past him because it sounds expensive and I'm guessing he's going to want to go for the West Coast LCU's first of all. Just
a guess.

Well if your making me the heavy in this discussion...
Yes I'd rather get the engineers out to Christmas Is and Pago Pago to ensure the shipping lanes first... It wont do us any good to build up China if we lose Australia first!
I'm figuring its six months of a serious beatdown before we do anything offensive... is a bought out low experience Chinese unit in India gonna win the war by 1943??? <sarcasm alert>

Post #: 56
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:34:33 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a list of the planes the Allies are building. More P-40's than any other kind and at the rate of 530 planes per month total all
kinds.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 57
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:38:50 AM   
DOCUP

Ramree Island is a small dot base west of Prome. It is in rough jungle and you have to land by sea or shock attack from the land side.

Moore: If you move those units close to the Burma China border when they get beat up enough in 43 by John you can buy them out cheap and send them thru Burma to India. Christmas Is in the IO a nice NavS base but can be taken so be careful. I have troops there and the AF is closed I cant keep it up from the NavBombardments.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 58
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:45:30 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Ramree Island is a small dot base west of Prome. It is in rough jungle and you have to land by sea or shock attack from the land side.

Prome.....another place I'll have to use the list of bases to find. Thanks for the heads up though.

quote:

Moore: If you move those units close to the Burma China border when they get beat up enough in 43 by John you can buy them out cheap and send them thru Burma to India.

Sounds good to me Moore dude.

quote:

Christmas Is in the IO a nice NavS base but can be taken so be careful. I have troops there and the AF is closed I cant keep it up from the NavBombardments.

So are you the Jap player getting bombarded by the Allies or are you the Allies getting bombarded by the Japs? It might make a
difference in my mental picture of the situation.

Hey, I just discovered that there are Blimps in this scenario as well. Is this scenario the best so far or what?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 59
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/6/2013 1:46:44 AM   
DOCUP

I'm the allies getting bombarded by Japs. Those blimps can be changed to PBYs also.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI