Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pbem opponent wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> pbem opponent wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pbem opponent wanted - 1/27/2003 12:29:23 PM   
mistergreen

Looking for a game!
I had limited experience with human opponents so far. (only one)
I´d like to play with all options on. (including c/c)
For everything else (sides, year, house rules etc) I am open to almost anything.

ps: I´ve read about something called h2h on the forums and I have downloaded it but yet not installed in since it lacked any form of readme file telling me what the diffrence are. If you want to play h2h and don't mind tell me what the changes are I'm up for it.
Post #: 1
- 1/27/2003 1:47:21 PM   
VikingNo2

LOTs OF CHANGES, there are several CC on players out there. As far as H2H goes infantry is more difficult to spot, some of the US arty has been slowed down some. Germans and some other counties has some different tory 2 man flame squads, and IMHO all the unnit look better, I have fun with both.

CC on, I have limited experience so far, I am trying to learn it on my own, but setting up take so long and I'm not that patient. Try Redleg, or Tomberg ( Spelling ).

Anyway welcome to the forum I'll play you idf you would like but I prefere CC off. If not drop me a line if you have any questions I may be able to help you with. Let are alot of very good people here, and Goblins :rolleyes:

(in reply to mistergreen)
Post #: 2
- 1/27/2003 1:54:49 PM   
Redleg

The major changes to H2H are listed at [url]www.theblitz.org.[/url] Probably where you downloaded from.

There are many changes to the OOB but don't really affect the way the game plays. I installed it without reading up on it and the transition was quite smooth except finding German units was a bit of a pain. Some things are located in different places than before and some OOBs have very negligible changes.

So I'd install away and check it out. There are some threads which discuss H2H but again, I only scanned them finding it easier just to play a couple of scenarios to get a feel for how it plays.

There are two changes to H2H that make it worthwhile even if that was all there was to it. First, no smoke foot prints for artillery and second, none of those bizarre casualty reports.

Good luck.

Post #: 3
- 1/27/2003 2:43:01 PM   
mistergreen

Thanks for the information :)

Sadly I could not find much information about h2h at [url]www.theblitz.org,[/url] I could not even find a place to download it from there :-/

Althought I have installed it now so I suppose I'll just try it out and see if the changes overwhelms me :-)

Post #: 4
- 1/27/2003 2:57:31 PM   
VikingNo2

they won't , I enjoy 7.1 and h2h

Post #: 5
MIA - 2/14/2003 3:03:33 AM   
CPT Shoe

Hello mistergreen? Are you out there?

You asked for a game, and we have one underway, but I have not heard from you in a while. I sent you my last turn on the 9th of Feb. I hope that you are not one of those guys that dissappears in the middle of a game never to be heard from again!

I am waiting, but I am growing impatient.

People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.

Post #: 6
- 2/14/2003 4:42:42 AM   
mistergreen

Yes I am. Was starting to worry about the same thing myself. Has resent my last turn to you. Should be in your inbox now. If it aint I must have mixed up your mail adress with someone elses.

Post #: 7
- 2/14/2003 5:11:05 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redleg
[B]There are two changes to H2H that make it worthwhile even if that was all there was to it. First, no smoke foot prints for artillery and second, none of those bizarre casualty reports.

Good luck. [/B][/QUOTE]

:confused: :confused: That's not true about no smoke footprints. They sure show when I fire mine and just ask V2 how his 4.2 in mortars liked it when I dropped rockets on his arty park because of the smoke cloud he was creating.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 8
- 2/14/2003 8:08:50 AM   
VikingNo2

I did not like it. But God bless the Comet:rolleyes:

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> pbem opponent wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI