Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/9/2014 10:28:49 PM   
Spectex

This game has promise, but is essentially unplayable for me as starting from the moment you load a scenario, CPU usage and associated interface lag rises until usage is stuck at 50%, and the UI is only updating intermittently (for instance when a message goes into the log). Generally things are OK for 20-30 minutes but getting progressively slower over that period, until the thing is just crawling, as though there are a bunch of zombie tasks going on. It happens in every scenario. I'm running Win7 64bit, 2.6ghz CPU and 6 gigs of ram.
Post #: 1
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/10/2014 1:33:49 AM   
goodwoodrw

That's a bit odd, your specs are similar to mind, I have only 4 gig of ram,but a 2.6 quad and the same os, and the hums along well!

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Spectex)
Post #: 2
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/10/2014 2:43:46 AM   
Randomizer

No issues to date running CMANO with my ancient P-5KE dual core 3GB CPU with 2 GB RAM and Win-XP. I do get the odd error message after exiting the program but it runs without freezes, lock ups or crashes so far.

-C

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 3
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/10/2014 8:31:06 AM   
ComDev

Interesting. What version of the simulator are you using?

Once a scenario slows down and you restart the sim & reload the scenario savegame, will the scen play 'normally' or stil lag?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 4
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/12/2014 9:31:21 PM   
Spectex

Thanks for the responses, I think the bulk of the problem here was actually on my end, after a restart performance doesn't have the same 'fade'.

That said there is still a fair degree of lag associated with zooming and scrolling the map, it would be nice if this could be optimized.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 5
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/13/2014 9:40:44 AM   
Sardaukar

Hmmm...have you checked your CPU temperature? That could be a source for the problems, maybe it's starting to run too hot or something.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Spectex)
Post #: 6
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/13/2014 1:11:34 PM   
Dannyp19

I just did a rebuild of my computer and installed win7 pro because I wanted to use some of my old programs. What I have found is that any programs older than 2004 using xp compatibility mode really slows performance. Programs after 2004 have not given me any problems (and work fine without xp mode).
And performance is good.
Command takes a lot of computing power along with my video editing and photoshop programs. Having those old programs loaded on my machine affected those 3 programs the most.
Since I've upgraded those programs I haven't had any issues with Command or any other resource hogging programs.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU - 1/13/2014 1:14:34 PM   
Dimitris

For Vista/Win7 PCs we strongly recommend using .NET 4.5, which has far better memory handling & performance. (Win8+ has this by default)

(in reply to Dannyp19)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Unplayable after 30mins due to zombie CPU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI