Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World in Flames Download Version Now Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> World in Flames Download Version Now Available Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 4:25:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1330/World.in.Flames.download.version.now.available

Since the release of World in Flames the single most common request from the community has been for a download only product.

Well, this is another occasion where we have listened and worked to find a solution.
You can now buy World in Flames as a download only title from the product page: none of the shipment charges of the luxury edition with three books and humongous map pack, and the game gets delivered to your mailbox in seconds.

Nothing can stop you getting your hands on the game now, you just have to follow the link:

http://matrixgames.com/products/296/details/World.In.Flames

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 6:10:47 PM   
von altair

Huh, Download edition costs the same as physical edition? May I ask, what is the logic behind that one?

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 7:05:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: von altair

Huh, Download edition costs the same as physical edition? May I ask, what is the logic behind that one?
warpite1

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to von altair)
Post #: 3
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 7:26:51 PM   
IKerensky

The 3 huge and useless book are entirely free to print so they dont enter into the cost of the physical edition ?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 4
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 7:32:22 PM   
paulderynck

99% of the people who objected said they'd buy the game at the stated price except they didn't want to pay the shipping (and possible customs) for the books. Now Matrix has accommodated them and unsurprisingly we now get the whining, carping and complaining from those whom nothing will satisfy...

Paul

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 5
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 7:33:38 PM   
warspite1

and as predictable as it is annoying.....

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 8:12:07 PM   
markb50k

For a game of this size and scope, $99 is arguably ON PAR with other huge grognard games that Matrix has released.  It was a steal when they released it (AND you got books!)

But people complained due to customs/additional shipping etc, and asked for a DL only version.

They gave it to you.  End of story, guys.  Sheesh.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 8:30:56 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: markb50k

For a game of this size and scope, $99 is arguably ON PAR with other huge grognard games that Matrix has released.  It was a steal when they released it (AND you got books!)

But people complained due to customs/additional shipping etc, and asked for a DL only version.

+1

Peter

(in reply to markb50k)
Post #: 8
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 9:14:24 PM   
Mike Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

and as predictable as it is annoying.....

+1 although I can forgive the annoying part for many who were just ignorant of the discussions and are now wondering why the two options cost the same.

I just knew this would happen, it remains to be seen how much hot air gets released... I have to say if I had been matrix I just would have said "The decision was made long ago to not have a download only version" instead they worked pretty hard I should guess to get buyoffs on allowing a download only version... if the reports of shipping and possible customs duties many folks should still be getting a very handsome break on the final wrap it all up price.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 9:57:35 PM   
JiminyJickers

Thanks Erik.

(in reply to Mike Parker)
Post #: 10
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/14/2014 11:50:33 PM   
IKerensky

Hum, good point about the shipping and toll tarif.

Indeed the DL is cheaper.

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 11
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 12:10:25 AM   
norvandave

I am wondering if there could be a cheaper delivery method - even if it is slower?

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 12
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 2:32:20 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: von altair

Yeah, we all saw that one coming...

(in reply to von altair)
Post #: 13
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 7:01:17 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

+1

+2

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 14
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 10:48:30 AM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

+1

+2

+3

Richard

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 15
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 12:01:53 PM   
monkla

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

99% of the people who objected said they'd buy the game at the stated price except they didn't want to pay the shipping (and possible customs) for the books. Now Matrix has accommodated them and unsurprisingly we now get the whining, carping and complaining from those whom nothing will satisfy...

And how much of an improvement is your statement in response to someone asking a straight forward question?

Post #: 16
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 12:35:06 PM   
von altair

Looks like there are a lot of followers ready to accept whatever others are asking. We all agree, that
this is an excellent game. I like it a lot and hope it will get a good success. But with this pricing it will
stay in "niche" category and only few will buy & play it. That hurts everyone, even those who bought
the game. Few months from this point, these forums are dead because of just few active members.
Hard to find opponents etc.

I happen to have some experience about marketing, adds and concept of different earning models at
these days. I am not sure, if people who decided about price have noticed, but the world has moved
forward from that ancient time of physical copy & 50-70 bucks of price. These days game apps are
either free or very cheap ones. People at the internet are even complaining about normal prices these
days (around 50 bucks). Physical copy price is about right, but digital version is not.

This kind of greedy pricing will bite own leg for sure. A simple tip for creators of this game: Price your
game with a fair price and use channels like Steam as well and you have success in your hands, and
nice numbers in your bank account. Instead of just few games sold.

For those who reacted my simple question: I saw your reaction coming as well. There are always
followers like you, who goes with a zerg. Luckily, we live in a free world and everyone can say an
opinnion.

Cheers

< Message edited by von altair -- 1/16/2014 8:11:03 AM >

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 17
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 1:19:17 PM   
lecrop

quote:

Agree to the last comma

Post #: 18
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 2:45:35 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

I imagine they expected it to be @$40 cheaper w/o the books?

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

Post #: 19
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 2:50:31 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

I imagine they expected it to be @$40 cheaper w/o the books?

You always have guys who want it for free...

And isn't it wise too first price something high and than later give a discount on it? I don't know, but I believe the price to be reasonable, especially when one compares it to the board game itself.
Also, since we don't know the number of games sold now, we don't know if the price was right. Personally, I believe that sales aren't that high at the moment, because of the Netplay issues.
I think some additional advertising will need to be done when Netplay and Multiplayer are working to increase sales at that point.

Peter

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 20
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 4:23:36 PM   
Scott_WAR

I imagine they expected to get the game at lesser cost since they are receiving less. Its like those that buy the download version are helping pay for the books that others received.

Maybe they just want to pay a fair price for what they are getting.....not the same price for less.

The reason you saw the complaints coming is because they are well deserved. This launch had been a disaster from day 1 because of the stupidity of forcing players to buy books to begin with. And no,...the books are not free....if you actually believe that then I have many bridges for sale. So matrix has nobody to blame for themselves for the complaints they have received so far and will continue to receive until they decide to do something about the greed or backwards pricing and marketing.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 21
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 5:43:25 PM   
jfk

Living in Germany I was one of the guys waiting for the chance not to sponsor FedEx or my national custom authorities. Now the Chance is here and I'll buy the game and pay the Price gladly.

I don't understand until now, why Matrix waited so long for this option. They could have had my 78 Euros 2 months earlier

For all those out there, now complaining that the Price is still way to high - regard this as a kickstartproject. Without the enthusiasm of Steve and Matrix and the bunch of betatesters these wonderfull game can't be realised as a computergame. I think I'll be realistic when i expect that MWIF doesn't become a topseller. Why? - I can't imagine that there will be a challenging AI. (Prove me wrong and I'll be the happiest man alive! )So it will be a niche(?)-product for a small market and that means higher Prices.

But what the hack - I've spent my money sometimes on things more stupid than a computerversion of the game i love for more than 20years.

So with an old saying of German U-Boot-Männer:
"Gute Jagd und fette Beute" Steve and all the guys at Matrix for bringing this Project to an wonderful end!!!

Horrido from Germany
jfk

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 22
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 6:15:08 PM   
Centuur

And good hunting for you too...

Peter

(in reply to jfk)
Post #: 23
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 6:46:10 PM   
AxelNL

JFK - I like your attitude!

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 24
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:15:31 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

I imagine they expected to get the game at lesser cost since they are receiving less. Its like those that buy the download version are helping pay for the books that others received.

Then get the books and pay the shipping.

People wanted a d/l only version, they got a d/l only version. *Nobody* who has the say said it would be cheaper. Not in any way.

The people complaining *assumed* it with out evidence.

Just like they assume that these "deals of the week" are a permanent thing. Something the company never claimed.

But I'm sure that the ahem.."astute" Tim Stone will get on his soap box about pricing.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 25
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:15:53 PM   
jfk

I've done it Paid, downloaded, installed and updated it - now i'm looking forward to get into the rules and the gamemechanics again - without occupying the whole livingroom

Horrido from Germany
jfk

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 26
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:19:18 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

They choose not to receive the physical portion and thus save on shipping and customs, not on any part of the game.

Paul

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 27
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:34:31 PM   
Scott_WAR

A quick look at the prices of physical and download only games here will show you a difference in price. Download only are less expensive.

So far no answer has been given why the download version with just the game costs the same as the game and three hardback books. I am aware of how the game was released and how some claimed they would be happy with just downloading the game at the same price,...but as far as I am aware those people in no way speak for everyone.

Most people will want to know why they must pay the same price when they don't want the books. What a few people said a few weeks ago isn't going to be a satisfactory answer to them.

As a few have already mentioned,...they knew it was going to happen...because it is such an obvious and valid question.

I would suggest answering the question instead of whining that it has been asked......especially when it was so obvious it was going to be asked.

Post #: 28
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:41:38 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

A quick look at the prices of physical and download only games here will show you a difference in price. Download only are less expensive.

Like this?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/15/2014 10:42:58 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 29
RE: World in Flames Download Version Now Available - 1/15/2014 9:45:44 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

So far no answer has been given why the download version with just the game costs the same as the game and three hardback books. I am aware of how the game was released and how some claimed they would be happy with just downloading the game at the same price,...but as far as I am aware those people in no way speak for everyone.

The answer is immediately above in post #27. The fact you don't like the answer doesn't mean there's no answer.

Paul

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> World in Flames Download Version Now Available Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI