Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Drive on Moscow review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Drive on Moscow review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Drive on Moscow review - 1/20/2014 10:41:38 PM   
DicedT

A fantastic wargame for the iPad. It's not Matrix's War in the East, so if you're expecting that level of detail, you'll be disappointed. But still a great game. https://medium.com/war-is-boring/d5fe57c914f
Post #: 1
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/21/2014 1:40:28 PM   
Alan Sharif

Excellent review. I just wish this was available for the PC. Sounds great.

A Sharif

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/21/2014 2:10:46 PM   
CGGrognard

I had been in search for a good war game for the iPad since I received mine as a gift a few years ago. There were a few "Risk" type games, and some based on die rolls, but none had a level of detail until Battle Academy appeared. But next to that title, both Drive on Moscow, and Bulge are great translations for the iPad and other tablet computers. These games are complete in their level of detail and combat resolution, and though not as flashy as PC war games, they do require concentrated thought to play.
Both good games that I hope will draw more people into the realm of war games.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 3
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/21/2014 2:27:51 PM   
DerTroof

The iPad has allowed me to play wargames while spending time with the family. I have "Moscow" and "Bulge" from Shenandoah and recommend both titles. I also plan on getting their North Africa and Gettysburg titles when available. I agree with pretty much everything said in this review, however I have found that these games do not offer anything close to the replayability you will find in a typical Matrix PC title, as there is only one map used and a few scenarios played on that map. Despite the higher cost, I think Panzer Corps is the best wargame value for the iPad, as pretty much the entire game, including all DLCs, is available. (I also have Battle Academy for iPad but haven’t had time to get into it yet, so I can’t comment there.)

I would add that I have the “mini,” and if I was investing in an iPad for the first time with an emphasis on wargaming, I would get the larger screened model, easier for navigating larger maps and easier on my aging eyes.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 4
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/21/2014 3:27:27 PM   
Ujoodvedla123

looks great, I love the images :D

(in reply to DerTroof)
Post #: 5
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/23/2014 8:44:42 AM   
jonasnarvas

I don't have Ipad, I want this game for PC

(in reply to Ujoodvedla123)
Post #: 6
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/23/2014 8:10:04 PM   
DicedT

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

I have found that these games do not offer anything close to the replayability you will find in a typical Matrix PC title, as there is only one map used and a few scenarios played on that map.

This is correct. No matter how well-designed, tablet games have the limitations of tablets. Don't buy them expecting lots of replayability, though if you can play human vs. human instead of AI, you'll get much more replayability.

Drive on Moscow offers convenience and a reasonable level of historical detail. Enough that you feel like you're playing a real wargame.

(in reply to DerTroof)
Post #: 7
RE: Drive on Moscow review - 1/25/2014 12:25:42 AM   
rodney727

I think it's a good tablet game and it is well supported. For ten bucks its well worth it.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Drive on Moscow review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI