Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Netplay Surprise Port Attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Netplay Surprise Port Attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Netplay Surprise Port Attack - 2/4/2014 8:15:03 PM   
Sabre21

Are the surprise port attack bugs for Netplay on the bug list to be worked on or are more Netplay saved games needed?

Bloodybill and I updated to 1.1.2 and just tried a fresh Global game and ran into several surprise port attack bugs again. Bill played the Axis and ran into a problem when he used his Nav unit to surprise attack the Polish Ca unit. He had 8 surprise points and put them all into the attack. His screen indicated the Allied unit would be destroyed but the final pop-up indicated "No Effect" as did a pop-up on my screen. Is this possible to have a no effect?

As the Brits during the 2nd impulse I attacked Kiel with 2 British bomber units. I only had 4 surprise points and put 2 into reducing German AA. The AA fire caused 5 points of damage forcing one of my bombers to abort. The moment I selected a bomber to return to base, Bill received a crash pop-up.

We terminated the game at this point and figured we will try again next week or whenever this gets fixed.

Post #: 1
RE: Netplay Surprise Port Attack - 2/5/2014 9:37:16 PM   
HeroFromBavaria

Solitaire play doesn't look clean either... It's easily reproduced by starting a fresh Barbarossa scenario with the "Fast Start" saved game and performing a Port Attack with the trustworthy Condor. After spending a couple of Surprise Points for column shifts (and not choosing to select a specific target), in the next screen Germany(?) is supposed to annonce targets without being offered any resuts (X, D or A). No screen for Soviet selections pops up afterwards and the plane returns to base without any results. I uninstalled MWiF as the update.exe wasn't working anymore too, installed from scratch and updated to 1.1.2 again. Same behaviour. And this is reproducable in solitaire Global War also wih a german unit performing a Port Attack on Polish Ships.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 2
RE: Netplay Surprise Port Attack - 2/6/2014 7:18:53 AM   
warspite1

Port Attack in solitaire mode is pretty screwed up at present. This has been reported so its a known problem. Hopefully will soon be fixed.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to HeroFromBavaria)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Netplay Surprise Port Attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI