Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

very frustrated post vent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> very frustrated post vent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
very frustrated post vent - 2/5/2014 6:42:09 PM   
jesuswhywhy

AGGGGGH! After swaping my hard drives I copied the relavent files, but nope.. so i need to reinstall..

So ive got two emails tied up with distant worlds with all my keys the first email supposedly has distant worlds and return of the shakturi.. my key for return of the shakturi located in my email history from 2010 is invalid.. I put in my email address into the forgotten stuff it pumps out a email, but then I can't log in as no username was found in database (once i get past the capcha nightmare)

My current email account has the rest legacy and shadows keys no problem.

This is my 2nd or 3rd time reinstalling this nightmare, last time with less add-ons! aggh its normally simple to do this.

And.. all this is going through support again.. yay.. why cant this just be on steam.. just wanted an epic game on my holiday week half of that is now wasted..

Any help would be muchly apprecaited im at the end of my tether and will just give up sadly or pay again for new keys.. :(

< Message edited by jesuswhywhy -- 2/5/2014 7:44:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/5/2014 6:53:38 PM   
DeadlyShoe

this sounds like a pain in the ass. It might be easier to just wait for DW: Universe. It will wrap up all the content into one game. You might miss out on some discounts from having all previous keys but that's it.

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 2
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/5/2014 7:55:21 PM   
HercMighty

And people complain about Steam...don't know how many hard drives I have lost or re-formatted, or computer changes I have done...but it sure makes these types of issue a non-issue. Load steam, check game tab, load games that I want....sure be nice if Matrix would have an application like that...

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 3
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/5/2014 8:45:31 PM   
Bingeling

I have done preemptive measures for DW. I have a NAS (network drive) where I have a nice little distant worlds folder with all downloaded files and a text document with all the keys. It is a bit late to fix this once the keys are lost, though.

But a way to get safe storage for things like game keys is a good idea. If nothing else, make a mail with all your keys and send it between all your various mail addresses.

I won't deny that Steam is convenient, though. At least as long as I remember my log in, but that is in my PW-Safe which sits on the same network drive as my DW files.

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 4
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/5/2014 10:27:30 PM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty

And people complain about Steam...don't know how many hard drives I have lost or re-formatted, or computer changes I have done...but it sure makes these types of issue a non-issue. Load steam, check game tab, load games that I want....sure be nice if Matrix would have an application like that...

Mostly, yes, although Steam does not solve the problem for all games. Some games have their own requirements, and I have experienced difficulty with a few of these.

So far as the OP's post is concerned, I agree it's frustrating, but I'm sure Matrix will help you out with this without the need for buying new keys.

Personally I keep a back up of a relatively small number of files on an external drive, and the DW keys are in one of those files.

Osito

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 5
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/6/2014 9:49:49 AM   
jesuswhywhy

making slow painful process

contacted bluesnap they said bla bla bla contact store support at matrix games

now i can log into my first email, checked it and it has only the Return of the Shakturi key

said something about

'If you purchased your product prior to November 2010, and you have your order Number & password or your email address and the last 4 digits of your credit card, please use the following...'

Guess what it shows me my Shadows link on the wrong email!!! (likely because my debit card number has changed since 2010

You can see why I named my self Jesus why why

At this point im pretty much ready to repay for the key I should have...

< Message edited by jesuswhywhy -- 2/6/2014 10:53:25 AM >

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 6
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/6/2014 10:42:56 AM   
jesuswhywhy

and one sort reply from matrix games support and its all sorted :)

HAPPY ENDING

< Message edited by jesuswhywhy -- 2/6/2014 9:07:47 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/6/2014 11:09:50 AM   
Spidey

If I may offer a piece of advice, you really should place the installer executables in a folder along with a text file containing all four keys and then burn it all to a DVD. That way you'll have it all in the same place and installing everything will consequently be quite trivial next time. :-)

Post #: 8
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/6/2014 11:42:17 AM   
jesuswhywhy

it wont happen again, they put all my keys under the one account now and its also been saved and put on gmail whoop whoop

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 9
RE: very frustrated post vent - 2/6/2014 2:18:57 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty

I always just buy a physical copy, so my serial number is on the front of the disc. So much easier that way, and no intrusive software on my computer either.

As to the OP, there should be a way to retrieve your serial numbers in the members section of the site, IIRC.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> very frustrated post vent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI