Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't Split Stacks?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Can't Split Stacks? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Split Stacks? - 2/12/2014 10:41:37 PM   
icecreamsoldier

Playing "Partisons" scenerio as Germans. Moved some MG's into a hex with my Medic, and in the next Turn it is making me move my Medic with my MG's. Selecting and Deselecting units in the Info Window in the bottom right corner doesn't work. They always have to act together now for the rest of the scenerio?

Post #: 1
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/12/2014 11:10:55 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

No, only units on the same impulse are stuck together. Does the button in the lower right say Pass #whatever, or Unselect All, or Finished? Thanks.

Oh, probably not likely, but you're not in the Rally Phase by chance? It would have an Auto-Rally button down there too.

< Message edited by Tom Proudfoot -- 2/13/2014 12:12:48 AM >

(in reply to icecreamsoldier)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/12/2014 11:43:09 PM   
icecreamsoldier

I restarted the game and unit selection is working fine again. TY

(in reply to Tom Proudfoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 4:13:38 PM   
markhwalker

But I doubt it is a re-start the game thing. Does your screne say "Operations Phase" in the top left? Have you previously activated a unit in this phase? If not, you should be able to left click on a hex. This automatically selects all units. Shift clicking a unit in the unit display panel will select only that unit. Just clicking a unit in the display panel will unselect it. In the SAME impulse you cannot select a unit in a hex and move it to a location, and then come back to the hex and attempt to select another. You can fire one unit and then move a unit. If you select all units you must move to the same location, or fire at the same target... unless one of those units is a tank or weapons team. Weapons teams are the slightly larger counters.

< Message edited by markhwalker -- 2/13/2014 5:14:41 PM >

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?

(in reply to icecreamsoldier)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 4:38:14 PM   
DjangoX

This might be a bug, as I've run into similar issues where I can't split a stack no matter how hard I try. I think this happened both in the Ambush scenario and in the first Soviet campaign mission.

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 4:47:34 PM   
Barthheart

Can you post a picture of the entire screen when this happens? It might help find the problem.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to DjangoX)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 7:47:04 PM   
markhwalker

Guys I hate to argue with bug reports, but Erik, Tom, and I put thousands of hours into scenario testing. We didn't have any unit selection problems. Did you read my post?

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 8:00:31 PM   
RobearGWJ

I had a similar issue. You can clear it by selecting another stack, then going back and doing the individual unit select as the first thing. I believe that if you select the stack, plan movement, and then try to remove a unit from the move, that won't work. Select the unit you want to move and *then* do the move plan.

As I recall, anyway, I'll try to confirm this evening.

Post #: 8
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 8:24:15 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

That would... make sense. Those of us that have been playing the game forever would probably not do that. I'll try that and see if it seems likely and if we can show some appropriate message.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 9
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 9:23:35 PM   
DjangoX

Mark, I did read your post. And I recall being to select individuals in a stack and then suddenly not being able to. I have no way to confirm that, though, until I get home later tonight.

(in reply to Tom Proudfoot)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 10:15:16 PM   
madDdog67

I had the same thing happen to me in a game...it wouldn't let me select a singe unit of the 3 in the hex. I saved, exited, then loaded the saved game and it was ok.

This is the only problem I've seen over the 3 or 4 hours I've played the game so far.

< Message edited by madDdog67 -- 2/13/2014 11:16:23 PM >

(in reply to DjangoX)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 10:33:28 PM   
markhwalker

Okay, well if it happens can you send a saved game (your autosave) to Tom? (tomp@matrixgames.com)

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 12
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/13/2014 10:37:47 PM   
lparkh

Same. Problem

Post #: 13
RE: Can't Split Stacks? - 2/14/2014 4:10:16 PM   
DjangoX

I didn't have the issue again last night, but I only had about 45 minutes to play. The night before, I played from 2-3 hours straight and it only happened in the second half of that time.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Can't Split Stacks? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI