Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2.* Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 2.* Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/18/2016 2:52:17 PM   
carll11

the ability to build bunkers etc. IN game....

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 61
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/19/2016 8:23:03 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: carl11

the ability to build bunkers etc. IN game....

How about the ability to destroy them too!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 62
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/19/2016 8:25:40 AM   
fritzfarlig

to build a bunker during a battle that last 6-7 hours seems unrealistic

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 63
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 10:56:04 AM   
Jafele

I always play with hex contours enabled. However when I exit the game and enter again the option is disabled. Would be great to let it by default as you wish.

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

Post #: 64
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 12:58:52 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Yes, within a six minute per turn time scale it would be an unreasonable/unrealistic function. Unless of course it was used in a scenario with hundreds of turns. And, the creation of the bunker did not rely on a die roll, that could actually have it built in six minutes. Good bye realism?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Post #: 65
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 1:38:15 PM   
carll11

agreed, but I do generally play scenarios with 150, 200 turns.

Construction eng.'s only, 25 turn build time *shrugs*

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 66
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 1:39:08 PM   
carll11

agreed. eng's demolition option.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 67
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 2:37:10 PM   
scottintacoma

A bunker in 2.5 hours, it takes probably at least 8 hours if not more.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 68
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 2:47:38 PM   
carll11

fine, make it 3 hours, its a Game;)

and with the appropriate equipment,it can be done in less than that, say 4 hours, dig, logs, sandbags.

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 69
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 3:26:22 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

I always play with hex contours enabled. However when I exit the game and enter again the option is disabled. Would be great to let it by default as you wish.

This has been done in CS: Middle East. It will be implemented also in any future (unbundled, stand-alone) WF, EF & RS (and any other future CS games).

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 70
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 3:46:49 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

and with the appropriate equipment,it can be done in less than that, say 4 hours, dig, logs, sandbags.

In case you or anyone else is not aware of this: Construction Engineers already with JTCS can create Trench systems. Trenches are not Bunkers of course, but they are much better than IPs.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 71
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 7:16:02 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

I agree with Scott.
3 hours is not enough time for the benefit of the bunker. What do you think an improved position is?

It's a game? True.
It is also a game that has a game scale.
That has been true but seems whittled away by the ideas of those who do not want game scale.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 72
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 10:39:40 PM   
carll11

Yup, I understand that trenches give a bigger def. bonus, BUT I didn't know construct. engs could build trenches. I could swear theres a blurb that says IP's are the only IN Game improvements that can be made, but I won't quibble. Are the commands on how to make them build trenches captured somewhere? Thx!!

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 73
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 10:42:02 PM   
carll11

then, lets make it a round 30 turns....hell, if you can see ahead that many and build them in a place that matters you should get a bonus...lol.

But in all seriousness, if its not something you would use fine, maybe I would...I am playing a 175 tn game right now and, I'd like the opportunity to try.

Post #: 74
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 10:42:44 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Yup, I understand that trenches give a bigger def. bonus, BUT I didn't know construct. engs could build trenches. I could swear theres a blurb that says IP's are the only IN Game improvements that can be made, but I won't quibble. Are the commands on how to make them build trenches captured somewhere? Thx!!

quote:

5.18.4 Building Trenches

Construction Engineer units can be used to build improved hexes. The procedure is the same used by any unit that “digs in.” Once the digging starts, there is a 20-30% chance each turn for completing the attempt. In addition, if a Construction Engineer or Bulldozer unit begins its turn in an Improved Position hex, it can be ordered to dig a trench line. The procedure is the same as before; order the unit to Dig In but start on an improved hex. There is a 10% chance of success each turn. Construction Engineers and Bulldozers cannot be used to clear mines, destroy barriers/walls, or blow up bridges.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 75
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/23/2016 10:48:29 PM   
carll11

and presto!!

thx. So they have to be in an IP hex, then ctrl D and they dig a trench....boffo, thx Jason.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 76
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 1/24/2016 9:23:42 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

then, lets make it a round 30 turns....hell, if you can see ahead that many and build them in a place that matters you should get a bonus...lol.

But in all seriousness, if its not something you would use fine, maybe I would...I am playing a 175 tn game right now and, I'd like the opportunity to try.

I understand your desire. I just do not see it as something that should infect the game.
But, who knows what the dev team will let happen?

RR

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 77
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 6/6/2016 4:16:17 AM   
Deepstuff3725

With air attacks, could there be a way in the future to make these only available during certain turns of a scenario? And also have a probability setting of being available, as with reinforcements?

For example, a scenario could have 3 Stuka attacks available for use, but they are only accessible during turns 5-9 of a 18 turn battle. Probability of arrival could be set for 25%, so they are not likely, or set to a higher percentage for more chance they will be there during the scenario.

Thanks

Post #: 78
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 6/6/2016 2:24:51 PM   
Crossroads

Hello deepstuff,

I believe the chance an air strike would take place is already further determined by an Adaptive AI setting, besides the regular roll of dice for it taking place. I'll double check this later.

As for an air strike only being available for certain turns per scenario designer specification, that is a neat idea.

(in reply to Deepstuff3725)
Post #: 79
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 6/6/2016 6:40:07 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

I believe the chance an air strike would take place is already further determined by an Adaptive AI setting, besides the regular roll of dice for it taking place. I'll double check this later.

No, currently not available. Very well could be in future though.

quote:

As for an air strike only being available for certain turns per scenario designer specification, that is a neat idea.

We have plans to implement this sort of thing in a general sort of way.

In the new game(s) of course.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 80
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/4/2016 11:29:19 PM   
Deepstuff3725

Hey, quick question.
Is there a way to make off board artillery part of reinforcements? I'm wanting to have artillery only available about halfway through a scenario. Any way to do this, or limit the availability to certain turns? Having a probability of off board artillery being a available would be great as well.

If not currently in the game, can this be included in the future releases?

Thanks

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 81
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/18/2016 1:09:57 PM   
robshelby

I would like to see all the platoon units for the AXIS (German, Italian) that are in the WEST FRONT OOB but NOT in the EAST FRONT OOB added to the EAST FRONT OOB. While this may not be historically accurate, all units had the potential of being sent to the eastern front.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 82
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/19/2016 5:28:56 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: robshelby

I would like to see all the platoon units for the AXIS (German, Italian) that are in the WEST FRONT OOB but NOT in the EAST FRONT OOB added to the EAST FRONT OOB. While this may not be historically accurate, all units had the potential of being sent to the eastern front.

Unfortunately, easier said than done, as the WF and EF German Platoon01.oob files differ from each other, and the slots for new units are quite used up. You might try your luck with the -X noencryption option and manually editing and adding the units you want to introduce to EF.

FWIW there's the Allied Germany available for EF, for some What-Ifs. Included in the Forgotten Battles Mod, that is.

(in reply to robshelby)
Post #: 83
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/20/2016 8:52:09 AM   
robshelby

I have manually add and edit the units. But, I can not get game to see it. What is the -X noencryption option ?
and how do I use it. Please

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 84
RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/20/2016 10:04:46 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: robshelby

I have manually add and edit the units. But, I can not get game to see it. What is the -X noencryption option ?
and how do I use it. Please

Here's a couple of pointers, they are sort of intertwined so here's three links:

• Developer Diary #4 - Creating a new Dynamic Campaign Game

• Developer Diary #3 - Adding new units with -X NoEncryption option

• Developer Diary #2 - Having fun with randomly generated battles

Any questions let me know, preferrably post at the end of the relevant How-To thread above so the discussion is then kept there for others possibly looking at this as well.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 7/20/2016 10:07:27 AM >

(in reply to robshelby)
  • Post #: 85
    RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/29/2016 8:40:53 PM   
    Hoplite1963

1.Currently indirect fire artillery missions and airstrikes always arrive the next turn after they are plotted. (i.e. 6 minutes later) it would be good if in the scenario editor you could set the delay in turns for on map and off map artillery and airstrikes separately for each category and separately for each side with no upper limit on the number of turns of delay.

2.I would also like to see negative reinforcements (withdrawals) implemented for both on map and off map units.

3.Related to this I think rather than being available as a number of missions off map air strike assets should be treated as off map units with variable availability.

4.It would also be good to be able to call for reconnaissance missions that would fly on and reveal more about the layout of the target area in the way that airstrikes now work, as I think this would be a more realistic way of representing these missions particularly for faster reconnaissance planes.

5.I would like it to be possible to set interception and counter battery values in the scenario editor for each side that would give a percentage chance that plotted off map air-strikes will not get through or that off map artillery that fire will be taken out by counter battery shoots.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 86
    RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/29/2016 8:44:15 PM   
    Crossroads

Neat ideas there Ian

(in reply to Hoplite1963)
    Post #: 87
    RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/29/2016 9:45:31 PM   
    DonCzirr

Very minor request - Alt Labels option like in JTS Panzer Campaigns

Current white block styles are not all that pleasing aesthetically

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 88
    RE: 2.* Wishlist - 7/30/2016 6:40:25 AM   
    Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

Very minor request - Alt Labels option like in JTS Panzer Campaigns

Current white block styles are not all that pleasing aesthetically

Already implemented in CS: Middle East, available with coming titles too

(in reply to DonCzirr)
    Post #: 89
    RE: 2.* Wishlist - 8/24/2016 9:21:09 AM   
    Big Ivan

CS Dev Team,

In the editor and/or while playing a game would it be possible to show range display for multiple units?
    Ex: say you have a Panther & a Mark IVj in a hex and you click to highlight both, then select the "G" key for range
    display and it would display ranges for both units color coded differently.

IMO this would be a nice feature especially in scenario design.

Also somewhere I thought I posted asking for range display in the scenario editor and when playing a scenario for off-board artillery units.
    Just reviving that request so its on the list.

Thanks
    John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 90
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 2.* Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI