Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Abort Que

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Abort Que Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Abort Que - 3/13/2014 4:56:44 PM   
GaPete_slith

I hit another impasse a few minutes ago. The Naval combat aborted these units. One Italian transport was hauling a German Marine unit. It would not let me transfer any units into the abort box and hence, would not let me exit this window. I tried using the flags to switch major powers but the flags would not switch from the german. The buttons moved and clicked, they just would not do anything. You hit the OK button and you get an admin window that says you must move units to the abort box. It appears as if it will not act because you have to do the major powers separately but, the Germans have no ships in that sea area or in the abort group, hence the Marines are not legally allowed to move. I think it's another case of the program trying to follow two sets of conflicting rules for an unanticipated situation. That's all I can figure anyway. I had to task manager out of the program and then went back to the naval move phase so I'm not stuck but, I'd like to avoid this in the future just in case I missed something and this is not a bug.

Attachment (1)

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/15/2014 3:45:08 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

A somewhat unusual situation. Any chance you have a saved game from before the combat? If so, I can control the die rolls and force the units your screenshot shows to abort. Then I can debug this.

You are suppose to be able to change to Italy as the decision maker by clicking on the Italian flag on the right side of the form. Then the Italian flag should appear in the upper right corner of this form (Current MP) and you should be able to select Italian units, including the Italian Naval Transport, moving it to the right box of "Units chosen to abort as a group". The German marine so should move together with the naval transport.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 5:28:11 PM   
GaPete_slith

Glad to see you respond to this Shannon, because, I just encountered the exact same problem, again. I don't have this specific combat saved but, since I hit the same snag a second time, I do have that one. I'll post it here as soon as I can get back to the game and find it in the autosave. I know that one is still there.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 8:21:19 PM   
GaPete_slith

This is the chose sea area part of the naval combat phase. The area is the Central Atlantic and there are two Italian transports, each loaded with a German armor corps. I ran into the same problem as I did with the picture I posted earlier. British intercepted, the transports were aborted, and the form to do so wouldn't let me. Same problems as the first time. No flag change, units wouldn't move from one box to the other, etc.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 8:23:53 PM   
GaPete_slith

Oh I forgot to add, this isn't an unusual situation in the game I am playing where the Italian's are concentrating on producing ships, transports in particular, and the Germans on land units. In essence Italy is doing a lot of duty as Germany's navy. So I've moved German units via Italian ships, many times. So I expect this will come up again.

Post #: 5
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 9:44:04 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaPete

This is the chose sea area part of the naval combat phase. The area is the Central Atlantic and there are two Italian transports, each loaded with a German armor corps. I ran into the same problem as I did with the picture I posted earlier. British intercepted, the transports were aborted, and the form to do so wouldn't let me. Same problems as the first time. No flag change, units wouldn't move from one box to the other, etc.

I can confirm your problem. See screenshot. Also only selecting the cruiser in this screenshot does not do anything. I had to kill the game via the task manager. Definitely a blocking bug. Calling this the "Ger on Ita TRS no abort possible bug".

To continue your scenario will be difficult. You can simulate the result by reloading the game and decline interception. Than RTB the results you had rolled in the naval combat, or simulate the Axis chickening out the naval combat after having a vision of this result.

I would say that this bug belongs to the set of game-blocking bugs Steve is selecting for the next release.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 9:45:46 PM   
AxelNL

Earlier screenshot in this combat phase. See place of German units in the screenshot - is a bit weird.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 7
RE: Naval Abort Que - 3/18/2014 11:50:10 PM   
GaPete_slith

Thanks Axel, that's exactly what I had to do, get out via task manager.

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Abort Que Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI